Author Topic: If that MURDERER chauvin gets off-this world is going to be in trouble  (Read 644 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member demtenjeep (30,177 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215313287

If that MURDERER chauvin gets off-this world is going to be in trouble
and it should be

edited because some can not infer meaning

Oh, we know. The leftists will riot and burn the city and the country to the ground. Again.

:yawn:

Star Member JustAnotherGen (27,394 posts)

1. If he does

It's not going to be good.

If that was my brother or nephew or cousin (black men) -

It would tell me that I can't rely on the justice system to punish lynching.

That we would have to get justice on our own. That's not good.

Star Member NightWatcher (38,471 posts)

4. Cities will burn.

6. yes they will

and I am so glad that dotard isn't in the Oval this time because he would have made things so very much worse with his response

10. maybe I used the wrong phrase. I meant let the mother ****er burn

good grief

isn't anyone capable of reading for meaning instead of jumping on a word choice someone else might not use?

Sympthsical (930 posts)

9. And will you pay out of pocket for the innocents harmed?

I'm guessing not.

People shouldn't approve of violence, much less so clearly lust for it.

That would make us better than the Right how? Or is our violence better than their violence?

If you think Trump was a problem, unleash this rocking and rolling, and see what the electorate does.

Star Member stillcool (31,210 posts)

14. innocents harmed?

what kind of 'innocents' would those be? Like the 7 people that lost their eyes from projectiles fired at them while peacefully protesting? Like the slew of unarmed black people that have been killed by cops, who face zero consequences? Those innocents? Are you going to pay out of pocket for that? When there is no justice, people 'revolt'. Don't know if you noticed, but the protests this summer across the country...that was the electorate.

Racial disparity in police shootings unchanged over 5 years

Using information from a national database compiled and maintained by The Washington Post, researchers found that victims identifying as Black, Indigenous, or People of Color (BIPOC), whether armed or unarmed, had significantly higher death rates compared with whites. And those numbers remained relatively unchanged from 2015 to May 2020.

:whatever:

There were 5,367 fatal police shootings during that five-year period, according to the Post’s database.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

in 2020:

241 Blacks were killed by Police.
457 Whites were killed by Police.
169 Hispanics were shot by Police.
154 'other' or unknown were shot by Police.

985 people have been shot and killed by police in the past year
Washington Post

Although half of the people shot and killed by police are White, Black Americans are shot at a disproportionate rate. They account for less than 13 percent of the U.S. population, but are killed by police at more than twice the rate of White Americans. Hispanic Americans are also killed by police at a disproportionate rate.

The question is why?

:whatever:

Star Member USALiberal (7,580 posts)

11. Why post this?? nt

16. because I am allowed to post my thoughts? Ponderance?

as this is supposed to be a safe place

jesus christ

:mental:

Star Member TwilightZone (20,688 posts)

23. It's a discussion board.

If you're expecting zero feedback on anything you post, perhaps this isn't the place for you.

:rotf:

Star Member WhiskeyGrinder (11,310 posts)

18. Okay but what are you doing about it?

Expressing this kind of fatalism can come across as dispassionate or as an unaffected bystander to people Black, Brown and other marginalized people. Like, no shit things are ****ed. What are you doing about it?

21. teaching the next generation not to be as ****ed up as past generations.

what are you doing about it?

:mental:

Calista241 (4,231 posts)

20. The defense attorney, Nelson, crushed the states use of force witnesses.

He even got one of them to admit he’d done almost the exact same thing to an arrestee. As in, he admitted he’d handcuffed an arrestee, and then held them in a stressed position while waiting for EMS to arrive.

The defense attorney has also gotten several of the ‘experts’ to admit that Chauvin’s knee is on the back / shoulder and not Floyd’s neck.

This case hangs by a thread, and it would not surprise me at all if Chauvin walks.

:fuelfire:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
17 people died by lightning in 2020.

14 Black people died at the hands of police in 2020.

Look, you crazy irritable bowl sufferer wench in Wichita, the Minneapolis DA far over-charged the idiot cop who did in fact play a contributing factor in George Floyd's death.  If Chauvin does walk, blame the the prosecutor who was trying to exact some societal justice not for Floyd, but to alleviate the unfounded white guilt of most liberals.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Mary Ann

Star Member demtenjeep (30,180 posts)

If that MURDERER chauvin gets off-this world is going to be in trouble

and it should be

edited because some can not infer meaning
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline SVPete

So Pam doesn't care that Floyd probably was killed by the fentanyl he'd ingested? And that his resisting arrest plus the threatening crowd made it unsafe for the police officers to do anything other than keep Floyd restrained until the EMS people arrived. And the threatening crowd led the EMS people to do a load-and-scoot instead of gathering information before leaving, limiting what the EMS people knew and could tell the ER doc?

Some very good daily coverage of the trial here, https://legalinsurrection.com/ . It covers much that the MSM won't, mostly what the defense has elicited from prosecution witnesses that is devastating to the prosecution's case (or should be if the jury actually is unbiased).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

Uh oh, Is DU sensing that the prosecution's witnesses haven't looked so good (particularly the more recent ones)?

21. teaching the next generation not to be as ****ed up as past generations.

what are you doing about it?

No sense of irony or self-parody.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
She seems to be demanding a verdict for intentional homicide, which the state hasn't even alleged.

She may as well start rioting.

Add to that the strategic missteps of the prosecution and the effectiveness of the defense, I think Chauvin gets convicted for something far, far removed from anything the mob is hoping for.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline SVPete

She may as well start rioting.

Add to that the strategic missteps of the prosecution and the effectiveness of the defense, I think Chauvin gets convicted for something far, far removed from anything the mob is hoping for.

1. As the writer at Legal Insurrection points out, the MSM's prosecution-only coverage all but incites rioting should Chauvin be found not guilty.

2. As when a team is in the NBA championship game, win or lose, there will be a riot in the team's home city. In the same way, regardless of the Chauvin verdict, there will be riots. I seriously wish and hope to be proven wrong, but after last year's riots .......
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
There will be riots, regardless of the verdict.  If he is convicted, (based on what I've seen and read, he probably should be, probably the manslaughter charge, just my low information opinion) there will be riots and looting both in celebration and in outrage that he isn't publicly lynched on the courthouse steps immediately after the verdict is handed down and in outrage over him not being convicted of first degree murder (by people who have no clue what the legal differences between that and the actual charges he's facing).  If he is not convicted (again, based on what little bit I've seen and heard, not impossible, there does seem to be some shadow of a doubt coming from the defense) of course the injustice of the drug addled black man dying at the hands of a cop instead of his own overdose must be righted by burning down black neighborhoods and looting of black businesses, cause that will make everything right.   ::)
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline DLR Pyro

didn't we hear these similar "threats" from the left in 2020 if President Trump won re-election?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline DUmpDiver

All of the newest model 2021 TVs should be on the shelves of stores when the verdict comes in.

Offline YupItsMe

Re: If that MURDERER chauvin gets off-this world is going to be in trouble
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2021, 09:25:16 AM »

in 2020:

241 Blacks were killed by Police.
457 Whites were killed by Police.
169 Hispanics were shot by Police.
154 'other' or unknown were shot by Police.

985 people have been shot and killed by police in the past year
Washington Post

Although half of the people shot and killed by police are White, Black Americans are shot at a disproportionate rate. They account for less than 13 percent of the U.S. population, but are killed by police at more than twice the rate of White Americans. Hispanic Americans are also killed by police at a disproportionate rate.

The question is why?

I've argued this point on FB so many times.  Nobody wants to look at the other side of the equation.  13% of the population commits over 50% of the murders in this country.  In reality in actual numbers, cops should be killing an equal number of blacks to whites.  I was using 2013 FBI figures.  (Obama's FBI btw) and it showed 51.6% of murders committed in 2013 were done by blacks.  Some "Woke" fool on FB was once arguing with me and provided 2016 info.  He was so stupid he couldn't see that he had proved my point it had increased to over 52% in 2016.   :argh: