Author Topic: **** me. Let's all go commit crimes. If that's all he gets for being the WORST w  (Read 1493 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
It's Stinky The Clown!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211898010

Stinky The Clown (60,241 posts)

**** me. Let's all go commit crimes. If that's all he gets for being the WORST white collar criminal
in HISTORY.

30 days shy of four years.

Wow.

And there are black pot smokers doing more than the sentencing guideline max.

What

The

?
You are inciting people to commit crime!

PoliticAverse (20,150 posts)

2. You think the crimes he was convicted of were worse than what Madoff did, really?

Five counts of tax fraud, one count of failure to file a report of foreign bank and financial accounts and two counts of bank fraud.

16. Are you kidding. Manaforte was in the process of destroying our ****ING COUNTRY.

Madoff was small potatoes compared to that.

Manafort was the moral equivalent of an actual TRAITOR.
WRONG! Bernie Madoff scammed tens of billions of dollars from people for decades. He is in a prison for the rest of his life.

LenaBaby61 (3,834 posts)

3. ManFART is a white, male, thuglican.

It was to be expected. Well, by me at least it was 

Now NEXT week .... That lady judge will probably throw the book at him.

Won't be pretty IMHO.

Bottom line, the unapologetic asshole will probably die in jail, given his increasing health issues.

onenote (32,032 posts)

5. He's a piece of shit, but he's no where near the worst white collar criminal in history.

Try googling Bernard Ebbers. Or Bernie Madoff. For starters.

TwilightZone (11,250 posts)

15. Yeah, pretty tough to top Madoff and Ebbers. Ken Lay. Jeffrey Skilling.

The Mount Rushmore of white-collar crime.

Response to onenote (Reply #5)Thu Mar 7, 2019, 08:05 PM
Star Member Stinky The Clown (60,241 posts)

17. See my comment about this, above

He was way worse than your cites.
Paul Manafort has not scammed people out of billions. He is not Bernie Madoff, Bernard Ebbers, Ken Lay, or Jeff Skillings. Try again!
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

**** me. ...

Ruh-roh ... is somebody not doing "her job" at home?

The problem DU-Haters have with this sentence is that it's not insanely disproportional, as Mueller & Team demanded.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BIGSTARXXX

• Probationary (Probie)
DUmp asses don't even understand that Manfort gets credit for the 9 or so months served already - so more like 38 months less any credit for good behavior  :-)

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
DUmp asses don't even understand that Manfort gets credit for the 9 or so months served already - so more like 38 months less any credit for good behavior  :-)

Federal criminals don't get time off for good behavior. He will get time served deducted but outside of that he will do the whole ride.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Muddling 2

Federal criminals don't get time off for good behavior. He will get time served deducted but outside of that he will do the whole ride.

Actually, he may qualify for up to 15% "good time".  The Feds abolished Federal Parole and went with structured "split sentences" instead.  To encourage good behavior , Federal Inmates can get up to 15% off their prison sentences.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Actually, he may qualify for up to 15% "good time".  The Feds abolished Federal Parole and went with structured "split sentences" instead.  To encourage good behavior , Federal Inmates can get up to 15% off their prison sentences.

I think what they get time in a halfway house. I have a friend who did some time in a Federal Pen and for his good behavior, they released him to a halfway house with a little less than a year left to go and then after a few months in the halfway house they allowed him to finish his sentence on home detention. He did that time living with my brother and his wife. This was about 10 year ago and things may have changed since then.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Muddling 2

I think what they get time in a halfway house. I have a friend who did some time in a Federal Pen and for his good behavior, they released him to a halfway house with a little less than a year left to go and then after a few months in the halfway house they allowed him to finish his sentence on home detention. He did that time living with my brother and his wife. This was about 10 year ago and things may have changed since then.

Generally, time in the halfway house is still "Prison Time".  For GA offenders a Transitional Center (halfway house) is run by the Department of Corrections.  I'm going off of what I've been told about Federal Inmates, I don't work for the Federal system and don't have direct knowledge. 
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Online jukin

Every post by the DUmb**** Stinky the Clown proves why he is the internet's laughing stock.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
Every post by the DUmb**** Stinky the Clown proves why he is the internet's laughing stock.

And his poor wife, no wonder she ****s every guy in Ellicott City.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline YupItsMe

I love that the judge made it VERY CLEAR that this had nothing to do with Donald Trump or Russian collusion.  That must have stung a little bit. :)