Author Topic: No More Shoutbox????  (Read 12959 times)

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
No More Shoutbox????
« on: May 21, 2014, 10:46:18 AM »
I haz a sad  :bawl:

Also, I only see a red X where my avatar was. Do I need to upload it again?
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: No More Shoutbox????
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 10:48:35 AM »
It's there.  Try switching to a different theme (or browser).
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 04:54:26 PM »
It's there.  Try switching to a different theme (or browser).

Question.

No hurry, but in what theme or browser is one seeing the "shout box"?

<<<tried all themes, tried Chrome.

<<<no shout box nowhere.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 05:02:02 PM »
I'm using the Core Theme.  The Shoutbox shows up on all my browsers.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 05:10:15 PM by Chris_ »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 05:13:49 PM »
I can't even figure out how to change my theme in Profiles. I don't see any options for themes.
Piney Power!!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 05:16:21 PM »
Profile > Modify Profile > Look and Layout > Current Theme > Change

It should take you to a list of installed themes to pick from.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 05:57:04 PM »
It appears to be working now. 

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 06:07:29 PM »
I only see a red X where my avatar was. Do I need to upload it again?
Yes, please.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 11:25:52 AM »
Sigh . . . sorry to bother you again, Chris, but I can now see the Shoutbox but it's completely empty which I can't imagine is the case. I tried posting something but no luck -- I hit Send and the message just stays in the outbox. I changed my theme to Core and uploaded a new avatar (thanks for your help!) but, so far, no soap on posting in Shoutbox.
Piney Power!!

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 11:32:32 AM »
Everything else seems to be working.  You might want to try another browser.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 11:56:50 AM »
Sigh . . . sorry to bother you again, Chris, but I can now see the Shoutbox but it's completely empty which I can't imagine is the case. I tried posting something but no luck -- I hit Send and the message just stays in the outbox. I changed my theme to Core and uploaded a new avatar (thanks for your help!) but, so far, no soap on posting in Shoutbox.

After you changed, maybe you should've logged out, erased the cookies, then logged back in?
apres moi, le deluge