Author Topic: DUmmies are still saying McCain was responsible for the Forrestal fire  (Read 1375 times)

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
Here's the OP, talking about military haircuts, one of which they fail to mention Obama has not had.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002676622
riverwalker (5,049 posts)
 One haircut no Romney menfolk ever had the one in bootcamp. Not Willard, or pappy, nor grandpappy, nor Willard's FIVE sons: Biff, Barf, Tad, Turd, and Thurston the IV (whatever their names are).

Then some blather about chicken hawks, and a comparison of Romney/McCain, and then this
16. Mc Cain
So he served but if you bother to see all his Dad did for him(admiral in the Navy at that time) Including making sure he graduated from Annapolis, he was the bottom of the class and his jet was the one that started the massive fires on the USS Oriskiney during the Vietnam War which cost the lives o many very brave Saliors and while the fires were still burning he got to leave the ship and leaft his shipmate behind to fight the fires he started by the way. He pre-primed his jet before starting it (Go ahead use Wikipedia and look it up in is in the Naval inquiry into the fire)!! You might also look at what he did to stop any further searches for the POW's and how he treated the grieving wives (you can find that on YouTube) Mc Cain is a bloody stain on all those Veterans who served our country! Also the N.Vietnamese broke him and he made videos disparaging his fellow soldiers and the United States.. I could go on but...I did my home work will you???  
The DUmmy did his homework, according to him, and still managed to get most of the facts wrong.  McCain's plane did not start the fire and the DUmmy has it on the wrong ship
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 07:19:48 PM by dane »
This too shall pass.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
"Pre-primed" his jet???  :lmao:
That DUmbass doesn't know squat about turbine engines.
Pre-primed, my rosey red ass. Jeez.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Jets run off gummed-up Rochesters.  You got to prime the bowl for them to start up right.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
"Pre-primed" his jet???  :lmao:
Even before I got banned, a lot of the stuff I read there was laughable (most of Nad's posts, for instance.)  This (the DUmmy's) post was not laughable, because it is so blatantly wrong and stupid, and so easy to research.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 07:33:29 PM by dane »
This too shall pass.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
Jets run off gummed-up Rochesters.  You got to prime the bowl for them to start up right.
Oh, well, that explains it. :rotf:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Quote from:
... his jet was the one that started the massive fires on the USS Oriskiney during the Vietnam War which cost the lives o many very brave Saliors and while the fires were still burning he got to leave the ship and leaft his shipmate behind to fight the fires he started by the way.

Huh!?!  I thought it was the USS Liberty.  Where's gator?

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Chris_

I thought it was the USS Forestal.

DUmmies don't know nothin'.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

All I can speak to is the P&W F-100-200, I know that in the cockpit there is one of those primer bulbs like on the front of my push mower...maybe that is what he's talking about. :lmao:

As far as CV-34 and the fire is concerned, there is no evidence whatsoever that McCains A-4 had anything to do with the fire.

It didn't have anything to do with ordnance loaded on any aircraft.

And for what it's worth there were 3 carrier fires that I'm relatively familiar with Oriskany, Forrestal and Enterprise.

Two of the fires were caused by 5 inch Zuni rockets cooking off and one was a parachute flare being handled by a n00b.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
All I can speak to is the P&W F-100-200, I know that in the cockpit there is one of those primer bulbs like on the front of my push mower...maybe that is what he's talking about. :lmao:

As far as CV-34 and the fire is concerned, there is no evidence whatsoever that McCains A-4 had anything to do with the fire.

It didn't have anything to do with ordnance loaded on any aircraft.

And for what it's worth there were 3 carrier fires that I'm relatively familiar with Oriskany, Forrestal and Enterprise.

Two of the fires were caused by 5 inch Zuni rockets cooking off and one was a parachute flare being handled by a n00b.
Push four times them move the choke to full before start?  :whistling:
Yer killin' me. :lmao:

Offline Chris_

Was the glow plug light on in the cockpit?

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Also the N.Vietnamese broke him and he made videos disparaging his fellow soldiers and the United States.

First of all the North Vietnamese went well beyond sleep deprivation and making the prisoners drink Ensure. So who the **** are you to judge a man under those circumstances breaking? Secondly I doubt you criticized John F Kerry for disparaging  his fellow military members and the United States, and he can't even use the excuse that the enemy broke him. So go **** yourself you stupid asshole.  :censored:

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Not even in jest!   :thatsright:

Thought that fire was started by a 5" rocket misfiring, not an aircraft engine fire.  But I didn't bother nadining it, since everything else the DUmmy posted was wrong, there's really no point in treating it that seriously anyway.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Cherokeeprogressive does do a good job of showing what an idiot that Dummy is regarding the Forrestal fire. McCain wasn't even on the Oriskiney at the time of the fire, which was caused by sailors mishandling aircraft parachute flares.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
McCain had both his arms broken while he was being tortured by the NVA. They hung him from a position where his arms had to carry all his weight, and were cocked behind him so that his muscles would fatigue quickly and not be able to support his weight. To this day he is unable to raise his arms any higher than his shoulders, if that. As for the fire, it was the Forrestal aka the ForrestFire. A zuni rocket zoomed in from his left, and hit his fully fueled left drop tank squarely. He barely bails out quickly enough to avoid being consumed in the subsequent fireball. I have seen the PLAT camera video numerous times. None of this is conjecture. It is fact, not the wikipedia crap. The problem with the ensuing fire was the crew was unfamiliar with a new fire retardant called AFFF. Aqueous Film Forming Foam. It actually smothers the underlying fuel, preventing air, and fire from coming in contact with it. Once AFFF is laid down it should be allowed to set, but unprepared as this crew was, and not knowing any better, they had 2 hose teams laying down AFFF, and two using seawater. They ended up canceling each other out, or more accurately the seawater hose teams canceled out the AFFF hose teams. The fire could have been put out in a small fraction of the actual time, and far less damage would have occurred. Not one iota of any event the day of the ForrestFire was John McCain's fault. Despite a lot of policy disagreements I have had with him over the years he is a true blue war hero, and it would take an infinite number of owebumas and Kerrys to make one John McCain.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
I noticed the thread quickly "evolved" into a K&R about DUmmie rivercrawlers pet names for Mitt's sons, after cherokeeprogressive slapped him down about McCain and the fire.   :lmao:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
Finally went over and read the thread. :lmao:
Had a laugh at the only one that responded to CP, then CP pretty much spanked his ass too. :asssmack:
Not another word said about it, the rest of the thread.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
Teh curiousity got to me, and I went looking.
Here is where that poster found his smoking gun.
http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/archive.cgi?noframes;read=119707
JOHN MCCAIN'S ROLE IN THE USS FORRESTAL FIRE THAT LEFT 168 DEAD

Posted By: RayelansMailbag [Send E-Mail]
Date: Wednesday, 27-Feb-2008 23:01:46
Too bad the nahant primative didn't bother to click on the rebutal link on the bottom of the article.
It dispelled every smear directed at McCain.
I'm beginning to think nahant is a LOUSY FREEPER TROLL. :rotf:

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
wow

The whole thing started because Nuclear Unicorn got savaged for asking if Romney's lack of military service made McCain a better choice than Obama.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."