Author Topic: If you care about democracy, get off Facebook! Period.  (Read 1115 times)

Offline CC27

If you care about democracy, get off Facebook! Period.
« on: November 22, 2019, 03:14:14 PM »
Dream Girl (1,650 posts)

If you care about democracy, get off Facebook! Period.

I don't care how "convenient" or how great it is for "keeping in touch with loved ones". Or if you "don't look at the newsfeed". These are just lame excuses... Just get the f**k off! If you don't you are culpable by your actions. You are responsible They brought us Trump and they are going to be an instrument of our destruction. No more feeble, lame despicable excuses!

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212719108

First off we are a constitutional republic and second of all i think you are pissed off because zuckerberg had dinner with Trump, so its time for the fake outrage.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: If you care about democracy, get off Facebook! Period.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 03:22:48 PM »
MineralMan (125,306 posts)      Fri Nov 22, 2019, 03:05 PM

63. Let me just check:

Care about democracy? Check. I've been working to elect Democrats since 1960, when I was a high school sophomore, volunteering for JFK. I've been on DU, pushing GOTV efforts since 2008, and have a six figure posting count from doing that.

Keeping in touch with loved ones? Check. Facebook is the only place my 95 year old parents can see their grandchildren, when someone shows them the family page. Nobody but family has access to it. Cost? $0.00

Don't look at the newsfeed? Check! The Don't Show Me This Ad gets clicked all the time. I don't see anything political on my home feed any more.

Am I culpable? Nope. Culpable for what? Responsible for what? I don't contribute any political stuff. I don't read any political stuff. I don't click ANY ads on Facebook, nor do I look at clickbait posts. Facebook gets not a penny from me, directly or indirectly. I don't support Facebook. I just use its free services.

Feeble, lame, despicable excuses? Nope. I just don't take orders from DUers whose names I don't even recognize. Ever. And I did check to see how often you post here. Not very. I don't see where you get off telling me or anyone else on DU what they should do outside of DU.

Can you explain where you think that authority came from? If so, please do. Tell me why I should do what you tell me to do. Telll me who you are and what gives you special powers here.

Thanks.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 04:13:08 PM »
https://www.businessinsider.com/facebook-ceo-mark-zuckerberg-had-undisclosed-dinner-donald-trump-2019-11

Some crazy-Prog sites are calling it a "secret" dinner, but I'm not aware that Trump or Zuckerberg had any obligation to mention it in public. Maybe Schifftyroo should subpoena the menus to examine them for illegally imported borscht.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 06:30:34 PM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 06:23:08 PM »
> MineralMan (125,306 posts) 63. Let me just check:  Tell me why I should do what you tell me to do. Telll me who you are and what gives you special powers here.

Like a clock, quartz head pulls his daddy shtick out of his rectum. 

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 06:35:11 PM »
First off we are a constitutional republic and second of all i think you are pissed off because zuckerberg had dinner with Trump, so its time for the fake outrage.

Let them get consumed by their outrage.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Karin

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2019, 09:09:29 PM »
Facebook is ****ing with my feed. Don't tell me they're not on the side of the dummies.  If I hit a like on something the dummies hate, they whisk it away and give me Fauxcohantas or even Tom Steyer.  It's a shit show. 

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2019, 03:04:53 PM »
Facebook is ****ing with my feed. Don't tell me they're not on the side of the dummies.  If I hit a like on something the dummies hate, they whisk it away and give me Fauxcohantas or even Tom Steyer.  It's a shit show. 

I have seen Tom Steyer commercials a lot lately. The only Democrat candidate who has commercials as far as I am aware of.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 03:07:34 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du