Author Topic: Just finished A Warning by Anonymous (almost)  (Read 603 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Just finished A Warning by Anonymous (almost)
« on: December 03, 2019, 11:06:04 PM »
snowybirdie (1,542 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212743250

Just finished A Warning by Anonymous (almost)

First eight or nine chapters were a rehash of all the awful things the tRumpeter has done and said. Good information for anyone not paying attention over the past few years. Should be read by Faux News fans, but won't be.

Last chapter was full of the author's recommendations to stop him.

Basically, don't impeach or invoke the 25th Amendment. Democrats need to put up a moderate candidate, no progressive need apply.

Republicans should not renominate or a third party Savior is needed to save us all.
Lots of Republican talking points.

So why is this person remaining Anonymous?

I think he/she wants to be that Savior and will put themselves up for election like the Lord coming down from heaven above! (sarcasm)

It's a setup folks and a creative way to gain attention! Stopped reading when the book entered this phase, btw. Don't buy it. Nothing new if you're been paying attention as a good Democrat. And full of Republican talking points against Democrats.

:yawn:

LaurenOlimina (65 posts)

1. "Democrats need to put up a moderate candidate..."

F That.

Star Member dewsgirl (7,287 posts)

3. I think the person wouldn't be safe if they did come forward.

Those last few chapters, took me by surprise emotionally.

:whatever:

Haggis for Breakfast (5,381 posts)

35. BUT on the bright side,

it knocked Turd Jr's book, "Triggered," off the #1 spot on the NYT best-seller list. And was he pissed off about that. Word is he stormed out of an LAX book signing today in protest. Apparently his crowd of readers wanted a Q and A session and he refused by claiming the Dems would distort his words, so they started to complain (loudly) and boo.

I guess you could say he was "triggered" by their anger. What a pathetic little shit.

Really? If that had happened it would have been played non-stop on the MSM all day.  :whatever:

NewJeffCT (54,422 posts)

7. Democrats need to put somebody out there that can fire up the base to turn out

the non white voters, the college students and the activists

And, sell Trump as a Racist and Sexist pig to get moderate women and wavering non white voters to vote D

:yawn:

Star Member spooky3 (23,820 posts)

13. I wonder if Bolton is the author, and his recent "teases" about his "upcoming" book were actually

in reference to the Anonymous book already written.

Star Member PatSeg (27,759 posts)

36. This is the first political book

I've picked up in awhile. It was all getting so stressful that I finally forced myself to read escapist fictional books to clear my head. The last political book I'd read was The Threat by Andrew McCabe. Now I take lots of breaks from reality with books, movies, and lots of PBS, especially Masterpiece Theater. I also have cut back on my cable news watching, except during impeachment hearings, I'm not going to miss out on history in real time!

This book was a bit too tempting, however, so I gave into the temptation. I really wanted to get a feel of what it is like in the White House right now. I have a feeling that my imagination can't begin to capture the madness. Also, I'm sure we will eventually find out who anonymous is, so I'd like to be a step ahead.

Star Member keopeli (2,751 posts)

21. The book is written for Republicans, trying to wake them up. In as much as it is successful, fine.

Of course, a long-term member of the Trump Administration is a hardcore Republick'n. Of course, they want a moderate Dem candidate. But, truthfully, whose mind will be changed after reading this book? If you consider yourself a Republick'n, and you are just learning what an awful despot trump is, then I'm glad this book was there to help.

What it is missing is an acknowledgment that the Democrats have been right all along. A humbled person, warning the country about how bad your boss is, should be able to say that they were wrong AND the DEMS were RIGHT! This book would have made large strides with the general public if it contained some consumption of humble pie. But, alas, like all Republick'ns I know, the author can not admit a mistake or yield to an opponent. Thus, the author transmits what amounts to a bowl of weak Borscht. There are no half-measures when it comes to the criminal enterprise of trump.

Finally, I'll say that this is my measure of how honest and genuine any of these "never trump" Republick'ns are truly being when they renounce whatever they renounce. Do they admit that they and their party were WRONG, not just in choosing trump, but in all the abuses that have come to light as a result of his idiocy? Do they renounce their party's platform change in 2016 that piled on Ukraine? (This was a telltale moment of foreshadowing, no?) Do they admit that appealing to Americans with base lies that depend on the consumer being undereducated is wrong? Do they admit that deceiving their base by demonizing Obama and "libs" is an un-American pursuit? Do they acknowledge that theirs is one voice among many and our government follows a majority opinion, or do they still think like the Kochs, who pander to their base with racist tropes? Will they admit that W should not have invaded Iraq based on a lie? Will they admit that slandering Kerry, a war hero, debased our politics? Will they even admit now that proposing a nonsensical Constitutional amendment to declare that marriage is between 1 man and 1 woman had the effect of delegitimizing our Constitution and was an enormous weapon in the culture wars that they like to blame on the Dems? Will they finally admit the mendacity of the "both sides do it" argument that Republick'ns tout any time an argument doesn't go their way? Will they admit that Faux News is a propaganda organ of their party and that the US Media as a whole is largely either politically neutral or leans right to reflect the wishes of their corporate overlords? All of these sins against our country have been brought into the light by our current dilemma. Any "conservative" who is genuinely repulsed by trump should be able to admit to at least some of their egregious errors of the past and present. Otherwise, their opposition to trump is simply a self-serving exercise with no lasting impact and, frankly, what good does that do for the US?

:loser:

Star Member Pluvious (1,844 posts)

37. My money is on Kellyanne is the author n/t

:thatsright:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Re: Just finished A Warning by Anonymous (almost)
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 11:11:09 PM »
Oh don't worry keopeli. Republicans are awake after the Male Bovine Excrement the Dems have been pulling since 2016 and before. VERY AWAKE.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 03:31:54 AM »
NewJeffCT (54,422 posts)

7. Democrats need to put somebody out there that can fire up the base to turn out

the non white voters, the college students and the activists

And, sell Trump as a Racist and Sexist pig to get moderate women and wavering non white voters to vote D

Jeff has no idea what he just admitted to.

Offline Will Morningstar

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 05:54:19 AM »
Jeff has no idea what he just admitted to.

At 50!k posts, if he's not aware by now he'd never be. Is this one of these "American liberals" then. I wrote an essay about them some months ago, so won't repeat myself.