Author Topic: The Headline vs the Poll  (Read 1038 times)

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
The Headline vs the Poll
« on: April 05, 2024, 10:34:27 AM »
The headline in Newspeak, I mean Newsweek-

Joe Biden Crushes Donald Trump in New Swing State Poll

A new poll shows President Joe Biden holding a double-digit lead over former President Donald Trump in the crucial swing state of Pennsylvania seven months before the general election.

The survey, conducted by Franklin & Marshall College between March 20 and 31, revealed that Biden leads Trump, the presumptive Republican nominee for the 2024 presidential election, with 48 percent of the vote share, compared to 38 percent. This marks a large increase since February, when the company's polling showed Biden leading Trump by only one percentage point, on 43 percent to 42 percent.

The poll

Franklin & Marshall Poll Release: April 2024

President Biden narrowly leads Donald Trump in Pennsylvania, 42% to 40%.

It's one poll in one state of a whopping 870 registered voters, and looking at the actual poll, I don't know where Newspeak got the 48 to 38 percent.  Well actually I can make a few guesses, probably right out of Joe's Depends.  All is see is the above quote of a mere two percent lead. 

Even so, carefully crafted words "double digits" and "crushed", even "swing state poll" (easily taken to mean more than one swing state) feed the morons who won't look past the tweets or headlines.

Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: The Headline vs the Poll
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2024, 10:41:45 AM »
Let them think that they’re ahead. It’s better than having them think that they’re behind. If they think they have this wrapped up, then they’ll slack off with the campaigning and lies maybe
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!