Author Topic: I gotta say I loved Obama's non-reaction reaction to Wilson's outburst  (Read 570 times)

Offline CC27

Sparkly  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Sep-10-09 10:24 AM
Original message
I gotta say I loved Obama's non-reaction reaction to Wilson's outburst

He was SO cool. He let a few moments pass, almost waiting to see if the guy was going to say anything else and further make an ass of himself. He didn't try to gloss it over or keep going, which would have had everyone's reaction to the outburst sort of hovering over what he was going to say next.

He did that little thing with his elbow, almost like a shrug, I thought.

He kept his eyes on Wilson but didn't make a face of any sort. Stayed above it, didn't dignify it with any other response.

Then "It's not true" just set it aside and he went on.

Whatever we might think about the content of the speech, his cool reserve, always so in control of his demeanor -- a stark contrast to Wilson -- and his ability to handle a moment like that the way he did, is really remarkable, I think.

Just a perfect non-response response.

You gotta be kidding me.  :whatever:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x8643664

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: I gotta say I loved Obama's non-reaction reaction to Wilson's outburst
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 10:23:06 AM »
Bo could give them pig dung (I know where there happens to be a big pile of it) and they would call it manna from heaven.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 10:28:08 AM »
Oh my.

The sparkling husband primitive's wife, who makes the sparkling husband primitive use the bathroom in the basement, so he won't stink up the living area of their home.

I didn't see Bo's speech, for obvious reasons.

Is the sparkling husband primitive's wife's description of Bo's reaction accurate, or not?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 10:34:21 AM »
Oh my.

The sparkling husband primitive's wife, who makes the sparkling husband primitive use the bathroom in the basement, so he won't stink up the living area of their home.

I didn't see Bo's speech, for obvious reasons.

Is the sparkling husband primitive's wife's description of Bo's reaction accurate, or not?
Obama, Pelosi, and Biden all looked like someone had smacked em upside the head with a  dead fish...
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 10:44:30 AM »
Really, if the reponse to the outburst wasn't put into the teleprompter in advance, there wouldn't be one.

:popcorn: 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 11:05:30 AM »
Obama, Pelosi, and Biden all looked like someone had smacked em upside the head with a  dead fish...

And Obama gave one of those "how dare you disrupt my speech" glares in Wilson's direction.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 11:23:22 AM »
And Obama gave one of those "how dare you disrupt my speech" glares in Wilson's direction.
For a second there, I thought he was about to show a little gang sign language when he pushed back from the podium...but I guess Telly Prompter wasn't ready for that.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 02:18:08 PM »
I didn't see Hilary though... :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 02:26:30 PM »
I found it quite telling - First Obama goes on about how they plan on barking back when they are challenged on the healthcare issue, then responds weakly.

So weakly that the kids who chant "i'm rubber, you're glue..." would have delivered a more powerful response.

It tells me that there was no way to respond to the congressman that wouldn't prove his point.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 03:36:31 PM »
I didn't see Hilary though... :-)

they couldn't put the camera on her......she was hiding a huge grin behind her hand.... :-)
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.