Author Topic: What does it mean that a President needs to address a national audience to refut  (Read 408 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Postman  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Sep-10-09 10:32 AM
Original message
What does it mean that a President needs to address a national audience to refute lies...

spread by a right-wing echo chamber that has largely been created by the killing of the Fairness Doctrine and the Telecom Act of 1996?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6511556

What did Obama refute?
In fact by reading DU today and all the howling about his speech we were proven right.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline djones520

"Everyone says I'm wrong, so I must be right."

Mantra of the DUmmie.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Obama and Van Jones have the same MO.

When people call them out--using direct quotes, or video, or the actual words of the bill--Obama and Jones call them liars.

How do they get away with it?
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Obama and Van Jones have the same MO.

When people call them out--using direct quotes, or video, or the actual words of the bill--Obama and Jones call them liars.

How do they get away with it?

Hell these are the same morons who say Bush lied us into war. They claim that Bush said that Saddam already had WMD's. when the truth was Bush, Rummy, etc consistently were saying we need to stop him before he has them.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.