Author Topic: TV Ratings: MSNBC Falls Below HLN in May, Rachel Maddow Hits Lows  (Read 462 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
 :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Suck it, DUmb****s! :-) O-)

TV Ratings: MSNBC Falls Below HLN in May, Rachel Maddow Hits Lows

Fox News Channel maintains a handsome lead in primetime and total day, while primetime runner-up CNN continues a healthy climb from the lows of 2012.

11:31 AM PDT 5/29/2013 by Michael O'Connell

HLN's wall-to-wall coverage of the Jodi Arias trial has had substantial ratings legs. Surging around the time of the May 8 verdict, the network notched an extremely rare monthly victory: It topped MSNBC in total day and primetime. And with CNN posting its second consecutive month as a distant primetime runner-up to Fox News Channel, MSNBC is in a very precarious fourth place.

Averaging 539,000 viewers in primetime and 175,000 viewers in the adults 25-54 demographic, MSNBC suffered double-digit drops from last May -- down a respective 20 and 19 percent. Losses were less substantial in total day, down 10 percent to an average 346,000 viewers and down 7 percent to 115,000 adults 25-54, while all other nets pulled growth in multiple categories.

The soft start for All In With Chris Hayes has not helped. Hayes, down 32 percent in total viewers from The Ed Show last May, has offered a poor lead-in for MSNBC's primetime flagship, The Rachel Maddow Show, at 9 p.m. The show delivered its lowest-rated month since it debuted in September 2008 (717,000 total viewers) and its second lowest with adults 25-54 (210,000). Maddow was topped by typical time slot victor Sean Hannity and CNN's Piers Morgan.

Winner FNC, posting modest year-to-year losses in the key demo, was still number three across all of cable in both primetime and total day. Heavily covering White House woes like the Benghazi hearings, the network averaged 1,246,000 daily viewers (up 24 percent) and 236,000 adults 25-54 (down 5 percent) for the full day. Primetime saw 17 percent growth with 1,973,000 total viewers and a 6 percent dip with 308,000 in 25-54.

CNN is in significantly better shape than it was last May when it hit 20-year lows. The network's year-to-year growth brought in a third-place 465,000 total viewers for total day and a second-place 660,000 total viewers in primetime, growth of 61 and 70 percent. CNN's demo jumps were more considerable, rising 92 percent to 161,000 adults 25-54 in total day and 97 percent to 225,000 adults 25-54 in primetime.

Nice to see Maddow bringing up the rear! :yahoo:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-ratings-msnbc-falls-below-559923
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
Re: TV Ratings: MSNBC Falls Below HLN in May, Rachel Maddow Hits Lows
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 07:28:23 PM »
It's nothing but a conspiracy of the right wing media. Don't believe the lies.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 08:46:22 PM »
But, but, the DUmmies told us that Fox News was dying and PMSNBC was on the rise.  Did they lie?

Offline Dori

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 02:20:19 PM »
But, but, the DUmmies told us that Fox News was dying and PMSNBC was on the rise.  Did they lie?

Did they lie?  Not in their made up world of facts.

What's HLN?  Don't think I've ever seen it.
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 02:22:15 PM »
 :nelson:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 02:33:19 PM »

What's HLN?  Don't think I've ever seen it.

CNN's Headline News
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 03:02:30 PM »
CNN's Headline News

Don't they just repeat the top stories over and over every half hour or something?  I think most people have it on for background noise.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 03:20:10 PM »
Don't they just repeat the top stories over and over every half hour or something?  I think most people have it on for background noise.
That's exactly what they do.  If you happen to work in a place where there's a TV, it's torture.

They have a few dedicated TV shows... Nancy Grace (melon-headed psycho) and Jane Velez Mitchell (militant liberal and alchoholic).
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 03:24:40 PM »
PMSNBC is still on the air.  :mental:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du