Author Topic: TV quiz for asylum seekers courts controversy  (Read 292 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
TV quiz for asylum seekers courts controversy
« on: September 01, 2011, 01:08:23 PM »
TV quiz for asylum seekers courts controversy

Weg van Nederland is a Dutch TV quiz for young asylum seekers who have exhausted their legal options. The winner gets 4,000 euros for a fresh start back in his own country. Tasteless? "Of course, the programme is sick but, let's face it, the reality is sick too."

The candidate who has absorbed the most information during his or her stay in the Netherlands gets 4,000 euros to be used to start a new life in his or her country of origin. But the losers wont be going home empty-handed. They get consolation prizes like a bag of flower bulbs or a bulletproof vest.

The five asylum seekers are all young and well-educated. One is an aeronautical engineer from Cameroon, another is a student of Slavic languages who will be sent to Chechnya.
Radio Netherlands Worldwide
:popcorn:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

Re: TV quiz for asylum seekers courts controversy
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 01:19:18 PM »
That sounds like a good idea for a game show here.  The winning liberal would receive air fare to the country of their choice. All players would be winners of course.

Offline SherryBaby

• Bully for me, I'm a
Re: TV quiz for asylum seekers courts controversy
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 01:34:29 PM »
That sounds like a good idea for a game show here.  The winning liberal would receive air fare to the country of their choice. All players would be winners of course.

H5!

I know who the first contestant can be.  If she loses she can have a consolation prize of a case of free water.  But please, let's let her win.

He's a lineman AND a pacifist!  I create multidimensional works of art.