Author Topic: Turner: Global Warming Will Cause Mass Cannibalism, Insurgents Are Patriots  (Read 1603 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Turner: Global Warming Will Cause Mass Cannibalism, Insurgents Are Patriots

Interviewed Tuesday for Charlie Rose's PBS show, CNN founder Ted Turner argued that inaction on global warming “will be catastrophic” and those who don't die “will be cannibals.” He also applied moral equivalence in describing Iraqi insurgents as “patriots” who simply “don't like us because we've invaded their country” and so “if the Iraqis were in Washington, D.C., we'd be doing the same thing.” On not taking drastic action to correct global warming:

Not doing it will be catastrophic. We'll be eight degrees hottest in ten, not ten but 30 or 40 years and basically none of the crops will grow. Most of the people will have died and the rest of us will be cannibals.

Turner ridiculed the need for a big U.S. military, insisting “China just wants to sell us shoes. They're not building landing craft to attack the United States,” and “even with our $500 billion military budget, we can't win in Iraq. We're being beaten by insurgents who don't even have any tanks.” After Rose pointed out the Iraqi insurgents “have a lot of roadside bombs that kill a lot of Americans” and wondered “where do you think they come from?”, Turner answered:

I think that they're patriots and that they don't like us because we've invaded their country and occupied it. I think if the Iraqis were in Washington, D.C., we'd be doing the same thing: we'd be bombing them too. Nobody wants to be invaded.

Ted Turner is NUTZ

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Mr Mannn

Once again we learn why Fox news is #1

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
He's an idiot.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

Once again we learn why Fox news is #1

And why his opinions are meaningless, just like Al Gore's.   :mental:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

"And, Grandma, what warm oily teeth you have."

"THE BETTER TO EAT YOU WITH, MY DEAR!  GRRRRRRR!"

Offline Chris_

Ted and his ilk will be the first to be considered "prey"....

doc

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
Scientific Declinism: The New Fundamentalism

Sorry for the quality, I don't have any mad skills or leet skills but you get concept.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 02:02:25 PM by Duke Nukum »
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour

China just wants to sell us shoes.

how can you be this stupid, and still remember where you live?  :whatever:

Offline Chris_

Ted, you can start now, EAT ME!

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline bijou

Just in case Ted's right, does anyone have some good recipes for 'long pig'.  :lmao:

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
Not doing it will be catastrophic. We'll be eight degrees hottest in ten, not ten but 30 or 40 years and basically none of the crops will grow. Most of the people will have died and the rest of us will be cannibals.

...Dogs and Cats living together, MASS HYSTERIA!!!!!!    :rotf:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline djones520

After reading this, I see why the portray him the way they do in Family Guy.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Turner: Global Warming Will Cause Mass Cannibalism...
fugging kewl!!!
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Airwolf

Makes one wonder how he was smart enough to get rich and start a TV network or two
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Lord Undies

We'll have to make jerky out of the Hollywood types.  They wouldn't be any good for steaks and such. 

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
Makes one wonder how he was smart enough to get rich and start a TV network or two
Well, you know, this is really good news for all of us who aren't as rich as maybe we would like to be, yet.  Maybe some of us didn't think we were smart enough but Ted Turner disproves the myth that a person must be intelligent to get rich.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey