Author Topic: U.S. Navy strike group to move toward Korean peninsula: U.S. official  (Read 1200 times)

Offline HAPPY2BME

• For The People And By The People
A U.S. Navy strike group will be moving toward the western Pacific Ocean near the Korean peninsula as a show of force, a U.S. official told Reuters on Saturday, as concerns grow about North Korea's advancing weapons program.

The strike group, called Carl Vinson, includes an aircraft carrier and will make its way from Singapore toward the Korean peninsula, according to the official, who was not authorized to speak to the media and requested anonymity.

"We feel the increased presence is necessary," the official said, citing North Korea's worrisome behavior.

Although the option of pre-emptive military strikes on North Korea is not off the table, the review prioritizes less-risky steps and de-emphasizes direct military action.

Trump spoke with South Korea's acting President Hwang Kyo-ahn on Friday, the White House said on Saturday in a statement which did not mention the strike group.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-navy-korea-idUSKBN17A0V5

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Re: U.S. Navy strike group to move toward Korean peninsula: U.S. official
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 05:38:03 AM »
She is in the middle of a Westpac and just left Korea a couple weeks ago.  Nothing new by turning around to remind idiots to behave.  I imagine if this is serious, the GW will be relieving shortly.

ETA weeks, not months
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 01:56:17 PM by Crazy Horse »
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 07:28:16 AM »
She is in the middle of a Westpac and just left Korea a couple months ago.  Nothing new by turning around to remind idiots to behave.  I imagine if this is serious, the GW will be relieving shortly.

Or, joining the CV to have two Nimitz-class there.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 01:55:41 PM »

That I doubt, I believe the Vinson was heading elsewhere before being diverted.  Unfortunately she's missing an Aussie port visit because of this.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 02:02:39 PM »
That I doubt, I believe the Vinson was heading elsewhere before being diverted.  Unfortunately she's missing an Aussie port visit because of this.

Can't PACFLT spool up another carrier out of Washington state, or Pearl?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2017, 04:06:34 PM »
Can't PACFLT spool up another carrier out of Washington state, or Pearl?

They might be able too, but the problem is with the CAW, not many jets ready prime time. Then again there would be only one reason for two carrier battle groups and i don't see that happening.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 04:27:18 PM »

Careful with that "sexy" language.  :-)
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne