Author Topic: Valerie Plame to run for Congress as Democrat  (Read 2015 times)

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Valerie Plame to run for Congress as Democrat
« on: May 10, 2019, 12:54:11 PM »
Valerie Plame of the "Karl Rove-24 Business Hours until perpwalk fame" is running for office in NM.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10142314179
riverwalker (8,493 posts)

Valerie Plame to run for Congress as Democrat

Source: Daily Beast

Valerie Plame has officially filed paperwork with the Federal Election Commission to run for Congress in New Mexico.

The former CIA operative, who became famous when her identity was leaked by an official in the George W. Bush administration, will run in the state’s 3rd congressional district, which will be vacated by Rep. Ben Ray Lujan (D-NM), as he is running for Senate in 2020.

Read more: https://www.thedailybeast.com/valerie-plame-files-to-run-for-congress-in-new-mexico?source=articles&via=rss

A bunch of typical DUmmie hive posts...
ffr (13,735 posts)

2. An American patriot and hero.

I'd proudly support her.

saidsimplesimon (5,259 posts)

3. Ms. Plame may get the last laugh

on those who "outed her". She is what I would describe as a selfless public servant during her days working for our government. She can win and she will. imo

Raster (19,279 posts)

4. Brava! Brava! Brava!

I wished I lived in New Mexico so I could have the privilege of voting for her!

...until someone takes a DUmp on the thread by pointing out her Jew hatred.
still_one (62,866 posts)

15. No thanks. I guess some have forgotten her anti-semetic tweet, or have no problem with it (It is the DUmp, isn't Jew hate a requirement?)

"On the first full day of Rosh Hashanah, unmasked CIA officer Valerie Plame tweeted out an article entitled, “America’s Jews are driving America’s wars.” As if the headline weren’t bad enough, the essay appeared on a website featuring such pieces as “It’s time to re-think David Duke.” Its argument mirrored a classic anti-Semitic conspiracy theory: Jews run everything in America, and because of their irrational love for Israel they’re running us into foreign conflicts, too."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2017/09/22/the-other-problem-with-valerie-plames-horrible-anti-semitic-tweet/?utm_term=.34b5e1f66059

tishaLA (11,443 posts)

21. That was my first thought, too

She repeatedly posted links to stories from an antisemitic website

Only a couple of posts before the DUmmies self-correct the thread and ignore her bigotry.
BadgerMom (1,364 posts)

17. She will be my candidate and, I'm pretty sure, my Rep.

I’m on board

Honeycombe8 (35,762 posts)

23. Woo hooo!!!! Wish I lived in NM in her district so I could vote for her. nt

Maybe Ilhan Omar or Rashida Tlaib can appear at her campaign events with her.  2020 is going to be fun.  :popcorn:

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Re: Valerie Plame to run for Congress as Democrat
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 01:24:30 PM »
Their idea of hero is ................. :mental:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 02:23:54 PM »
Just another democrat phony.
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 03:24:26 PM »
Just another democrat phony.

She and hubby Joe Wilson fancied themselves to be James and Jane Bond.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 05:49:02 PM »
She and hubby Joe Wilson fancied themselves to be James and Jane Bond.
But in reality more like:

Inspector Clueno
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2019, 08:06:44 PM »
Fitzmas?
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2019, 09:23:39 AM »
Fitzmas?

Yep, Plame was the CIA HQ Desk Driver who was "outed" by some State Department mucky-muck, but was probably known to anyone who cared from seeing her commute to work. She and hubby were rather flamboyant, maybe a cross between Inspector Clouseau and Austin Powers.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Delmar

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2019, 01:35:48 PM »
Yep, Plame was the CIA HQ Desk Driver who was "outed" by some State Department mucky-muck, but was probably known to anyone who cared from seeing her commute to work. She and hubby were rather flamboyant, maybe a cross between Inspector Clouseau and Austin Powers.

Right, after she was "outed," Vanity Fair did a ridiculous 15 page story on her with photos showing her in dark sunglasses, like she was in disguise and running for her life just like Jason Bourne or something.

Name drop:

Response to riverwalker (Original post)Fri May 10, 2019, 11:49 AM
Star Member DFW (33,222 posts)
40. I was just in touch with Valerie, and she says:

"Off we go!"

I'll be contributing for sure!
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2019, 08:35:27 AM »
Right, after she was "outed," Vanity Fair did a ridiculous 15 page story on her with photos showing her in dark sunglasses, like she was in disguise and running for her life just like Jason Bourne or something.

Name drop:

Has their ever been a bigger braggart on DU than DFW? I know Pam's pretty well up there on the DU bragging list, but I don't think even she is in DFW's league.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2019, 09:42:05 AM »
Has their ever been a bigger braggart on DU than DFW? I know Pam's pretty well up there on the DU bragging list, but I don't think even she is in DFW's league.

Has brooklynite ever name-dropped? He's a D insider who could, but probably only mentions names when connected to actual information he's communicating (often, info not pleasant to DUpipo ears).

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2019, 08:25:49 AM »
TiT, TominTiburon . He once jabbed a shotgun into the belly of a Sec of Defense or a future one and then there was the jam sessions with X.

X=whatever musician the DUmmies were talking about in the thread TiT did a namedrop drive-by in.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2019, 09:08:32 AM »
Alright. Who outed her candidacy?
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2019, 12:33:08 PM »
She'll last as long as rain on pavement after the sun comes up.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"