Author Topic: He Said His Officials Say Beirut Was An Intentional Attack?  (Read 804 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
He Said His Officials Say Beirut Was An Intentional Attack?
« on: August 04, 2020, 06:31:36 PM »
sfstaxprep (1,063 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213855162

Did You Catch Where He Said His Officials Say Beirut Was An Intentional Attack?
The reporter had to ask him a 2nd time, to clarify she heard his answer correctly. And he explained further that he was being told that it was an attack rather than an accident.

President Trump described explosions that occurred in Beirut on Tuesday and killed at least 78 people as an "attack," saying his military and national security advisers had indicated to him that it was likely a bomb.

"I met with some of our great generals and they just seemed to feel that it was, this was not some kind of manufacturing explosion type of event," Trump said at a White House news conference. "This was a — seems to be, according to them, they would no better than I would, but they seem to think it was an attack, it was a bomb of some kind."

:whatever: Editing, Huffypo...

The Times reported that a large stock of ammonium nitrate was stored where the explosions occurred.

Lebanon's Prime Minister Hassan Diab called the explosion a "catastrophe" and promised to hold those accountable to justice, saying there have been "facts about this dangerous warehouse that has been there since 2014," and said an investigation will take place, according to a copy of his remarks reported by Lebanese State Media NNA.

Gosh... wonder who owns it?  :whatever:

Star Member Roland99 (48,350 posts)

4. Someone intentionally started a massive fire at a fireworks warehouse...so that a bldg next door full of ammonium nitrate would blow up

:thatsright:

Bev54 (1,186 posts)

6. Not only did he say that, he said his generals told him and that they know more than he does. I just about fell out of my chair, I thought he knew more that all his generals? I suspect he needs someone to blame because he realized he may have overstepped his bounds by stating it was an attack.

Yes. A military officer would know more about what caused a type of explosion than a President. Any President. Even Barry.

:yawn:

Star Member blogslut (34,347 posts)

8. He lies all the time

The only thing I can guarantee is he is not smart enough to lie in any intelligent fashion. He lies just to lie. He can't help

:whatever:

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Re: He Said His Officials Say Beirut Was An Intentional Attack?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 08:38:36 AM »
Yes. A military officer would know more about what caused a type of explosion than a President. Any President. Even Barry.
Even Ike?  :-)
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 08:42:16 AM »
Even Ike?  :-)

Ike was a military officer. But he'd ask an military officer with explosive experience. ;-)
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 09:00:53 AM »
When this is proven to be a bomb it is going to be glorious.  LOL

They've all already made up their minds it was an accident and that's that. 

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 09:18:55 AM »
DUmmies are the  ones who believed Hillary and Obama when they said that an obscure YouTube video caused street protesters to fire mortars at a US embassy on the anniversary of 9/11.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 09:21:21 AM »
I used to think it was necessary to have a teapot before one could have a tempest is a teapot.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 09:29:20 AM »

KC
I dunno. I could see this being more industrial than a military action. The 1947 texas city boom has a lot of parallels so it could easily be fertilizer. The fireworks thing alone doesn't really hold up if you watch other videos of how they went in other locations
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2020, 09:33:26 AM »
I dunno. I could see this being more industrial than a military action. The 1947 texas city boom has a lot of parallels so it could easily be fertilizer. The fireworks thing alone doesn't really hold up if you watch other videos of how they went in other locations

I immediately thought of Texas City when I saw the video, but I'm only about 15 miles from Texas City at this very moment.  I'm reserving judgement.  I don't think it was a 'military' action, but I won't rule it out, nor will I rule out terrorism OR an accident.  I won't make up my mind until all the (smoke) has cleared, so to speak.  There's no way they can know for sure what caused that in less than 24 hours.  Even terrorists are smart enough to be able to make some of these things look like an accident on the surface.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SPYDER

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2020, 09:37:35 AM »
  I thought you needed to mix a bunch of diesel fuel with ammonium nitrate to have a bomb.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2020, 09:47:05 AM »

KC
Yes...an "accident"... :whistling:

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2020, 09:54:00 AM »
Ammonium nitrate doesn't go off that easily without prep, but it can if there is a fire, especially in a reducing atmosphere which isn't that difficult to achieve once a smoldering fire gets underway.  It could be some form of gross negligence, it could be intentionally set with or without the intention to get the entire thing to blow like it did.  Really way too early to say.

It doesn't act like there was a bunch of ordnance hidden though, an ammo dump going up is a fireworks show as stuff gets thrown into the air and blows up there or where it lands, this was one big continuous boom.  Before the big one there looked like some bunch of smaller explosions going on in a kind of random disposition but that could still be consistent with a huge stockpile of ammonium nitrate working up to a massive det.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 09:59:41 AM by DumbAss Tanker »
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2020, 01:49:34 PM »
Just a firecracker, end of story.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2020, 01:50:54 PM »
Now there is a massive fire in ... Dubai?  That seems a little coincidental.  Should be interesting to find out what's going on, if anything.

KC

*Stolen

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2020, 02:37:25 PM »
Ammonium nitrate doesn't go off that easily without prep, but it can if there is a fire, especially in a reducing atmosphere which isn't that difficult to achieve once a smoldering fire gets underway.  It could be some form of gross negligence, it could be intentionally set with or without the intention to get the entire thing to blow like it did.  Really way too early to say.

It doesn't act like there was a bunch of ordnance hidden though, an ammo dump going up is a fireworks show as stuff gets thrown into the air and blows up there or where it lands, this was one big continuous boom.  Before the big one there looked like some bunch of smaller explosions going on in a kind of random disposition but that could still be consistent with a huge stockpile of ammonium nitrate working up to a massive det.
If we are seeing the same thing, it looks like some electrical arcs going off at the base of it as the fire spreads or the temperature grows
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)