Author Topic: DUmbass sickened by its own pantywaist paranoid delusion of persecution  (Read 1139 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
global1 (9,302 posts)

It Really Sickens Me To Know That In Some Back Room Somewhere There Are A Group Of People Plotting..
to systematically take down this country and change it and that this has been going on for some time now a
nd it is all finally coming together for them.

Things like the destruction of unions. Stacking the courts at all levels. Controlling the media and the messaging. Voter suppression. Rigging the markets and the flow of money. Sabotaging the President. Lying, cheating and stealing from the poor, elderly, downtrodden, students, middle class. Taking away our rights under our Constitution to protest.

And this is all happening right under our noses and many of us are able to see it happening to us but are powerless to prevent it.

We actually know the right things to do to turn this around - but are so weakened by the years of this systematic dismantling of this happening to us - that we can only sit back and watch it take place.

This group of people that are doing this to us call themselves Americans, Christians and Patriots and hide behind and use all those things that made this country great to take it apart.

It's also unfortunate that many common Americans are so totally screwed because they lost their jobs, their retirement and investment monies, their homes, their rights at work, their self-respect that they are completely oblivious to this systematic takedown.

global1 (9,302 posts)
3. They Are A Big Part Of This Systematic Takedown - But They Are Probably Just Pawns In ......

this grand scheme of things. There are people somewhere that are controlling their strings. Making them take and sign oaths to help in this destruction. I really think it is much bigger than the "Reep Corporate Congress". It seems too well coordinated. Too well orchestrated. It's been going on for decades now. It's a slow, methodical takedown and reversal of all things that made this country great. Sometimes they are slowed down and hindered - but they keep at it and make forward progress by going around some of the obstacles that are thrown their way.

Now it just seems like it is all coming together for them because they have a collective mass of programs going that when all start coming together - work like a well-oiled machine. It is really scary when you think of it this way - but - hey just look around you. Watch the newscasts. Read the newspapers. Check out the internet. Realize all those things that we should be hearing or having reported - but aren't - because they are suppressed in this country.

This destruction has been slow, steady and insidious and it is finally all coming together.

slackmaster (53,545 posts)
2. 6/10 - A mediocre invocation of the faceless, nameless "them" enemy

Needs a bit more Howard Beale-style passion, some swear words, and ALL CAPS for emphasis.

Perhaps some reference to decadence such as the room being suffused with smoke from ill-gained $50 cigars, and snifters of fine Cognac purchased with money stolen from the middle class.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002841997
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Dear DUmmie:

:urmeds:
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
Out of the mouths of babes "There are people somewhere that are controlling their strings.".  Do your strings chafe?  Mine do a bit.

Offline Karin

Brevity = ones friend

Offline DumbAss Tanker

global1 (9,302 posts)

It Really Sickens Me To Know That In Some Back Room Somewhere There Are A Group Of People Plotting..
to systematically take down this country and change it and that this has been going on for some time now a
nd it is all finally coming together for them.

Things like the destruction of unions...

Oh wait...you mean you aren't going to talk about the DNC, despite your thesis statement and introductory paragraph...?
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Aerows (9,097 posts)
11. This isn't a joke

There have ALWAYS been elements that try to seize power, and the people have to constantly fight against them or they are the ones that lose. It's like saying "there's no such thing as greedy, power hungry people".

slackmaster (53,559 posts)
19. There is ONLY ONE Conspiracy.

The Conspiracy that is so vast, so pervasive, and so secretive that its own adherents don't even realize they are part of it.

olegramps (3,528 posts)
21. Isn't Romney exactly the type of person that they will be able to manage? Just like Bush.

The Neo-cons will once again dominate the his cabinet as they did when Bush was selected. They will not hesitate to embroil us in another Middle East fiasco with the full cooperation of the media and it will in fact be Bush administration on steroids. It is clearly evident that Romney doesn't have any position on any issue that he isn't willing to compromise.

Time and time again he has demonstrated that he has absolutely no moral convictions. If the young people do not support Obama as they did during his first campaign it is very possible that he will be defeated. Unfortunately, the Republicans with the massive support of the median has been able to exploit the plight of the working class and convince far to many that their situation is attributable to this administration's policies. It is a rare voice in the media that is critical of the obstruction of the Republicans. It seldom voiced that every effort of the Obama administration and of Democrats in congress that would help alleviate unemployment has been block by Republicans. My local newspaper is so biased in its coverage that it is as ridiculous as was Pravda's propaganda. 

ewagner (16,865 posts)
25. What makes you think Rmoney is going to lose?

I thing that's the gist of the OPs post.

Whoever is in that back room, cutting the deals, believes wholeheartedly that the election is "in the bag". The system is rigged so that Rmoney won't lose no matter how bad he is.

It has been disturbing watching Rmoney lie, waffle, weasel, contradict and pander to group after group as if he doesn't know that that video (digital or tape ) is actually capturing every word and can play it back at any time...it's almost like he KNOWS AND DOESN'T CARE!

Could it be because he knows that no matter how many times he is shown lying, contradicting etc., it won't matter?

Why do you think the Koch Bros are putting up $400MM? They will OWN THE AIRWAYS this fall...just like they did in Wisconsin.

Rmoney doesn't think he's going to lose.

He's absolutely smug about it.

He's absolutely arrogant about it.

He knows the "fix is in"....somewhere ...by somebody.

Response to Aerows (Reply #11)
Fri Jun 22, 2012, 10:43 AM
slackmaster (53,559 posts)
17. No, of course it's not a joke. That's obvious. I get it. It's a RANT.

Last edited Fri Jun 22, 2012, 10:48 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

The ONLY proper response to a rant on the Internet is to rate it in terms of style and delivery.

Here is a link to a much better rant that was posted on DU this morning. Note the creative use of intentional misspellings and omitted punctuation marks. The writer clearly put a lot of effort into it:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=841740

libtodeath (535 posts)
10. We the people must continue to rise up through Occupy and rallies

to fight back then.

Botany (33,808 posts)
14. These groups have names

The US Chamber of Commerce
ALEC
the american petroleum institute
Creative Response Concepts
Fox News
American Crossroads
"The Tea Party" Sal Russo and others working for the Insurance Companies
Coal Companies
ADM (high fructose corn syrup)

BTW you forgot election rigging too.
my name is jan jansen I come from wisconsin .....

clang1 (304 posts)
18. People still not getting it

Last edited Fri Jun 22, 2012, 11:08 AM USA/ET - Edit history (4)

and it is all right in plain sight to see.

The cabal is in part this and it is right in your face:

Power Structure Research and the Hope for Democracy
by G. William Domhoff
April 2005

http://www2.ucsc.edu/whorulesamerica/methods/power_structure_research.html

For one important recent exception, see Charles Perrow, Organizing America: Wealth, Power, and The Origin of Corporate Capitalism (2002). From his vantage point as one of the leading organizational theorists since the early 1970s, the big private organizations that rose to power in the last part of the 19th century, and have been there ever since, have the following effects:

They create wage dependence. Over 90% of Americans work for someone else, and over 50% work for organizations (profit and nonprofit) with over 500 employees. When it comes to the for-profit organizations, where there were 5.5 million corporations, 2.0 million partnerships, and an estimated 17.7 million non-farm proprietorships in 2000, 44% of all private-sector employees worked for the 8,300 companies with 1,000 or more employees.
They centralize profits. Just 500 companies, the heart of the corporate community, earned 57% of all profits made in the United States in the year 2000, while employing 16.3 percent of the private-sector workforce (White, 2002).
They are big enough to shape their "environments," i.e. communities and governments.
They lead to a concentration of wealth and power.

and so on. Probably a worthwhile book to read.

--What don't people get on why certain politicians, persons in govt. move back and forth between Government and Corporations in this country? Like through some sort of revolving door?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Karin

High fructose corn syrup?   :panic: :sad1:

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Brevity = ones friend

At least there were paragraphs this time, Karin.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
High fructose corn syrup?   :panic: :sad1:

Actually, that's one of the primitives' favorite demons.

It's not expressed so much in General Discussion, as it is in the cooking and baking, health, and diet forums.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Airwolf

Nobody expects the VRWC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline J. M. Pyne

• Probationary (Probie)
What no mention of the NRA!