Author Topic: What is the Math Hillary must beat?  (Read 1599 times)

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
What is the Math Hillary must beat?
« on: May 07, 2008, 07:52:38 PM »
According to what I saw, Obama needs about 400 more delegates, Hillary needs 600.  From what I have seen, I gather a win gets you 2/3 of a state, a loss gets you one third, the margin not really meaning very much.

Does Hillary have to win every single one from now on?  Obama moves forward no matter what happens, but if she slips, she takes big damage.

As far as I can tell, she is already little more than a nuisance from now on, but what would it take to finally drive a steak through the heart (not that it has one) of her campaign?   Is there a snowball's chance that she could really pull this off?
 :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: What is the Math Hillary must beat?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 09:21:37 PM »
I think there's a snowball's chance.  Not much more than that, but a chance.

Remember, the world changes in the twinkling of an eye.

Personally, I still think Messalina Agrippina has the Big One, and hasn't used it yet--mostly because it, whatever it is, would destroy her and the Democrat party along with Barry "Goldwater" Obama.

As long as Messalina Agrippina believes she has a chance, she won't use it.

But if all appears lost to her, she'll use it.

The curse of the 20th century--and it still exists today--is this notion, this attitude, that people and things happen by plan, by strategy, by conspiracy.

History shows us that people and things are random, happening with no clear-cut "pattern."

I'm a big believer in the Chaos Theory; it's something I figured out in college, while studying people and events in England April-July 1483.

Things, sometimes excresence, happen.

And there's not a damned thing we can do about it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 09:23:00 PM »
I don't know... she's pretty far behind.  I think if she had something, she would have used it by now.

Time's running out for HRC.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rick

• Crazy old man
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 09:24:09 PM »
I am expecting a back room deal that will give it to her.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 09:25:11 PM »

I think that's more likely than some sort of October Surprise.  If that happens, stand back.   :popcorn:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rick

• Crazy old man
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 09:29:06 PM »
Yes, stand back, and I willing to bet McCain will win the Election.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 09:35:11 PM »
Clinton loaned her campaign more money today.  That, in itself is not a big deal.  Her campaign has been floundering for weeks.  But this second piece of news really has me scratching my head wondering if they don't have something in the works already.

Clinton's loan a sign of dwindling campaign funds

Senate loopholes allow candidates to limit disclosure

WASHINGTON — Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton excluded nearly $24 million of her husband's earnings from Senate financial statements from 2004 through 2006, capitalizing on rules that permit senators to limit disclosures of some of their spouses' income

Offline Lauri

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 10:21:04 PM »

from what i know now, she has to win 68% of the super delegates at this point to win the nomination.

a back room deal would be about the only way she could pull this off now - and it appears that she is so disliked that not many super delegates are outting themselves as her supporters.

as for how to get her out of the campaign? she wont quit until June. there are six more primaries and it will take until June to finally impress upon the Dem supporters that their super delegate process is majorly ****ed up.

she made a very telling comment today in W. Virginia where she said, "hey, if the Dems had the same set up as the GOP [if we had no super delegates] .. i'd already BE the nominee!" but its the people on HER campaign team that helped set up the super delegate problem.

she is in a helluva spot right now.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 10:22:48 PM »
Clinton loaned her campaign more money today.  That, in itself is not a big deal.  Her campaign has been floundering for weeks.  But this second piece of news really has me scratching my head wondering if they don't have something in the works already.

Clinton's loan a sign of dwindling campaign funds

Senate loopholes allow candidates to limit disclosure

WASHINGTON — Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton excluded nearly $24 million of her husband's earnings from Senate financial statements from 2004 through 2006, capitalizing on rules that permit senators to limit disclosures of some of their spouses' income

i think politicians are the masters at washing money around DC and making it appear and disappear at will.. its almost genetic with them.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 03:19:55 PM »
It's time for the Hildabeast to nuke the magic negro with some dirt that clorox will not get off.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 04:13:07 PM »
It's time for the Hildabeast to nuke the magic negro with some dirt that clorox will not get off.

i think the way this is all playing out, that that could backfire on her spectacularly. Hilary is really angering people now and making their actual nominee look a little like a chump.

until recently, i didnt want Barack but we may get a two-fer; Barack is so lacking in foreign affairs and worldly knowledge that he is just too much of a risk right now while our country is at war. I think McCain can make that case fairly effortlessly and it will be hard for Barack to counter that attack.

and Hilary is getting so obnoxious that she may wind up losing her Senate seat and all that good will towards the Clintons will evaporate and they will leave the world stage once and for all.

see? two-fer.. :-)