Author Topic: Obama Says The Fundamentals Of Our Economy are Strong (vid goodness)  (Read 608 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour

not the exact same words that john mccain used, but it is precisely the same meaning.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ac3oWW7Ilw[/youtube]

Offline Tnafbrat

• Mama D, Evil Queen and Resident Raghead
  • Don't make me get my flying monkeys
Re: Obama Says The Fundamentals Of Our Economy are Strong (vid goodness)
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 09:06:06 AM »
 :thatsright:  can we puleeeeeeze get a clip going that shows him blasting McCain for saying it then him saying it .... geesh, we republicans need to learn how to fight.
Never argue with idiots.  They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Buy me stuff and I'll be nicer!

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: Obama Says The Fundamentals Of Our Economy are Strong (vid goodness)
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 09:39:43 AM »

the MSM, still the mouthpiece for the Obama campaign, is attacking this vid as "misleading" and "out of
context".  they are insisting that the fundamentals that The BarackStar! is referring to are the features
of his economic plan.  personally, I think he could have meant anything, which was probably the point in
the first place.

Here are the relevant parts of the speech.  you can decide for yourself.

"We don’t just need a plan for bankers and investors, we need a plan for autoworkers and teachers and small business owners," Obama said. "I have said it before and I’ll say it again:  we need to pass, after this immediate crisis is over, an economic stimulus plan.  Right now.  For working families – a plan that will help folks cope with rising food and gas prices, that can save one million jobs by rebuilding our schools and our roads, and help states and cities avoid budget cuts and tax increases.   A plan that would extend expiring unemployment benefits.  For those Americans who have lost their jobs and have been working hard to find a new one, but haven’t found one yet.  That’s part of the change we need.

"And then after this immediate problem," Obama continued, "we’ve got the long-term fundamentals that will really make sure this economy grows. Change means a tax code that doesn’t reward the lobbyists who wrote it,  but the American workers and small businesses that deserve it.  As President I am going to eliminate capital gains taxes for small businesses and start-ups.  That’s how we’ll grow our economy and create the high-wage, high-tech jobs of tomorrow. I will cut taxes – cut taxes – but not the way John McCain does things.  I’ll cut taxes for 95% of all working families."