Author Topic: Antifa activists say violence is necessary  (Read 12892 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Antifa activists say violence is necessary
« on: September 14, 2017, 11:19:04 AM »
Interesting little tidbit, via Drudge, from The Hill.  We knew that they endorsed violence, but to have them on the record, for most of the Swamp to see, is a tad surprising.

Antifa activists say violence is necessary

By Katie Bo Williams - 09/14/17 06:30 AM EDT

Anti-fascist activists, or “antifa,” increasingly mobilized in the wake of President Trump’s election, are unapologetic about what they describe as the necessary use of violence to combat authoritarianism.

While both experts on the movement and activists within it emphasize that not everyone who participates in anti-fascist activism engages in violence, they say the use of force is intrinsic to their political philosophy.

“The justification [of the use of violence] is that Nazi ideology at its very core is founded on violence and on wielding power by any means,” said Mike Isaacson, who is one of the founders of Smash Racism D.C., an antifa organization in Washington.

Isaacson is unequivocal in his defense of violence as a legitimate tool to combat the creeping threat of what he deems authoritarianism.

“There is the question of whether these people should feel safe organizing as Nazis in public, and I don’t think they should,” said Isaacson.

And, just who are so-called Nazis, to Antifa?

Anyone they don't like.  Plus, all Republicans.

The rest of this is here:  http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/350524-antifa-activists-say-violence-is-necessary

Keep your powder dry. :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline thundley4

Re: Antifa activists say violence is necessary
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 01:29:06 PM »
They have declared themselves to be terrorists and no different from ISIS.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 03:11:10 PM »
Anti-fascist activists, or “antifa,” increasingly mobilized in the wake of President Trump’s election, are unapologetic about what they describe as the necessary use of violence to combat authoritarianism.

So the other night on the telethon to raise money for hurricane victims when Queen B said the following...
"During a time where it's impossible to watch the news without seeing violence or racism in this country,
http://www.refinery29.com/2017/09/171990/beyonce-racism-climate-change-video
she must have been referring to antifa.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 06:32:26 PM »
They have declared themselves to be terrorists and no different from ISIS.

Indeed.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 08:26:24 PM »
There needs to be a website dedicated to IDing these individuals so they can't hide behind their masks. They keep this up and at some point a bunch of people are going to open fire and slaughter them, and if I'm on the jury the verdict is Not Guilty.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 11:03:07 PM »
Authoritarian behavior is just as much at home on the left or right of the spectrum, in today's USA the Left pretty much has the market cornered.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 06:50:51 AM »
President Trump needs to have Antifa officially declared a terrorist organization. To shoot down claims of racism/ authoritarianism/silencing dissent/ Whatever other lame excuse they'll use, point out that they first started being viewed as terrorists during the Obama administration.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2017, 10:02:17 AM »
There needs to be a website dedicated to IDing these individuals so they can't hide behind their masks. They keep this up and at some point a bunch of people are going to open fire and slaughter them, and if I'm on the jury the verdict is Not Guilty.

That is an excellent idea, if they know they will be outed and ostrisized or put in danger of retribution they won't be so willing to go out and spew hate, violence and destruction. They need to learn breaking the law has consequences.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2017, 01:54:12 PM »
Is it me, or do they seem to be a bunch of skinny white kids?

If so, I'm really shaking in my boots........ :sarcasm:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.