Author Topic: Social Media - Facebook and Twitter in Particular  (Read 644 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Social Media - Facebook and Twitter in Particular
« on: November 19, 2020, 04:41:29 AM »
Facebook's Zuckerbooger and Twitter's Dorsey and their censoring practices have caused an exodus of sorts to other more reasonable platforms, such as Parler, MeWe, Clouthub, and perhaps Gab.

I opened a FB account in 2009 (I think) and was co-admin of 5 different pages. I walked last week, and will not return. Never had anything to do with Twitter, quickly seeing through links that that place is just another hellhole.

My life doesn't revolve around social media, but I've participated in one or more for 15 years or so. Will probably spend a bit more time here, much to your collective lament.  :tongue:  :rotf:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: Social Media - Facebook and Twitter in Particular
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 06:14:31 AM »
I bailed on FB back in January and never looked back.  They sure make it as difficult as they can to delete your account, though.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 06:34:42 AM »
I bailed on FB back in January and never looked back.  They sure make it as difficult as they can to delete your account, though.

KC

Yep. First, they won't just delete the account. That would be too simple. They instead throw the gauntlet down and tell you if you have the temerity of logging back in again within 30? 60? days (I forget which), your account will revert back to "active."

Watch me, Zuckerbooger. Watch me while I avoid your leftist utopia like the plague. You're not going to make any more money through advertising by my presence there (not that it was a lot), but one red cent is too much. Oh, and Zuck? - GFY.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 02:09:26 PM »
Yep. First, they won't just delete the account. That would be too simple. They instead throw the gauntlet down and tell you if you have the temerity of logging back in again within 30? 60? days (I forget which), your account will revert back to "active."

Watch me, Zuckerbooger. Watch me while I avoid your leftist utopia like the plague. You're not going to make any more money through advertising by my presence there (not that it was a lot), but one red cent is too much. Oh, and Zuck? - GFY.

I couldn't figure out a way to save the pictures I had on there.  It told me I had 30 days before my account would be deleted so I hit the delete key.  Then about 15 days later it asked me if I wanted to save my pictures so I thought 'sure.'  When I clicked the link it warned my account would become active again and I thought about it for a full second before deciding those pictures weren't worth the hassle.  I just let it go and never looked back.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2020, 09:15:03 PM »

I couldn't figure out a way to save the pictures I had on there.  It told me I had 30 days before my account would be deleted so I hit the delete key.  Then about 15 days later it asked me if I wanted to save my pictures so I thought 'sure.'  When I clicked the link it warned my account would become active again and I thought about it for a full second before deciding those pictures weren't worth the hassle.  I just let it go and never looked back.

KC

There's a way to back up your entire account, something I did a couple months ago. No idea what I'll do with it, but it's there.