Author Topic: BREAKING: Glenn Greenwald reveals extent of The Intercept's censorship of his Bi  (Read 440 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
BREAKING: Glenn Greenwald reveals extent of The Intercept's censorship of his Biden corruption story
https://thepostmillennial.com/glenn-greenwald-reveals-extent-of-censorship

The Intercept's co-founder Glenn Greenwald, who recently resigned after he was censored by his own publication for covering the Hunter Biden scandal, has revealed the internal emails between him and the editors now posted on Substack.

Here's the article that I wrote about Joe Biden's conduct in Ukraine & China, based on Hunter's emails and other witness testimony, along with a critique of media lies designed to protect the Democratic candidate, which The Intercept refused to publish:https://t.co/eJREJEhp4iā€” Glenn Greenwald (@ggreenwald) October 29, 2020

In an email dated Oct. 27, editor Peter Maas wrote: "Glenn, I have carefully read your draft and there is some I agree with and some I disagree with but am comfortable publishing. However, there is some material at the core of this draft that I think is very flawed. Overall I think this piece can work best if it is significantly narrowed down to what you first discussed with Betsy ā€” media criticism about liberal journalists not asking Biden the questions he should be asked more forcefully, and why they are failing to do that."

Glenn Greenwald has left The Intercept, which he help start. They censored the Hunter Biden story.

In rebuttal, Greenwald fired back: "I don't agree that the sections regarding the serious questions raised by the emails that Biden should have to answer are either unnecessary or inaccurate.

"While I'm willing to talk about any specific factual inaccuracies you think are present, I'm not willing to remove those sections -- in part because I think that discussion is important in its own right, but also because the discussion of why the media should be pursuing this story more aggressively, and why they were wrong to try to bury it, requires demonstrating that there's a real story here that deserves coverage," Greenwald replied.

Greenwald acknowledged that he is always willing to modify factual inaccuracies, but he does not see any faults pointed out in his memo. "But if the Intercept's position is that it won't publish any article by me that suggests that there are valid questions about whether Joe Biden engaged in wrongdoing, then I think we should agree that the Intercept's position is that it is unwilling to publish the article I want to publish about the Democratic front-runner," he clarified.

They are editors who want Joe Biden to win.

He also highlighted how the crackdown is occurring less than a week before the presidential election. "[T]his censorship is being imposed by editors who eagerly want the candidate I'm writing about critically to win the election," Greenwald levelled.

"Note that I'm not making claims there about motives: I'm just stating facts that are indisputably true," he dug deeper. "I'm not saying your motive or anyone else's is a desire to suppress critical reporting about the Democratic presidential candidate you support in order to help him win. I obviously can't know your internal motives."

Greenwald speculated his "intense eagerness for Biden to win" shared by other editorial staffers that "colors your editorial judgment (just as it's possible that my view that the Democratic Party is corrupt may be coloring mine: that's why no journalist has a monopoly on truth sufficient to justify censoring others)."
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
I just love it when the left eats their own.

Greenwald is "married" to some "male" politician and lives in Brazil. He's as leftist as they come, which is why it's incredible that he quit the setup that he co-founded.

The editors want to control his output. The irony is hysterical.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline FesteringWound

• Probationary (Probie)
The left eat whomever gets in their way for their "utopian ideal."

Note my lack of surprise.