Author Topic: Trump and the Republicans may have made another big mistake.  (Read 428 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
shockey80 (4,333 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213790156

Trump and the Republicans may have made another big mistake.

My local news is reporting small towns, cities are having budget short falls. The mayor of a small city near me is predicting a million dollar short fall. That means people will be laid off. This must be happening to small towns and cities across the country.

Months ago Cuomo warned Trump about this. The Democrats passed the cares act a couple of months ago. I believe it addressed this issue. The Republicans went home and now at last minute they trying to figure out what to do. It may too late in some cases. The damage may be already done to the budgets of small towns and cities across America.

Some things just can't wait, you know what I mean. If you delay giving aid it could cause problems that take longer to fix.

Republicans are really good at creating economic disasters, they suck at fixing them.

:whatever:

droidamus2 (1,637 posts)

2. The last minute

The last minute action is on purpose. Don't be surprised if the Republicans come through with more money for voters than anybody expects. My guess is they will wait as long as they can, announce they are giving even more than the Democrats wanted and that any delay was all the Democrats fault. I think the Democrats should one up them. If they say they are going to give $2000 checks the Democrats say no it needs to be at least $2500. If the Republicans keep the $600 on unemployment then the Democrats should push to lock it in for a longer period of time or for more money or with a higher cap.

Iliyah (22,837 posts)

3. republicans care so much about the economy . .

but lacks the know how of how it works.

Reading history concerning the USA's economy, I came across this fact. Overall, the Republicans ar horrible especially when it comes to the economy. They **** it up, then the cleaning crew (Democrats) come in.

Rinse and repeat . . .

republicans lack the ability to keep the country safe also.

:mental:

Star Member KY_EnviroGuy (10,330 posts)

10. Essential services could be at risk such as fire departments and....

municipal water and sewage systems.

Meanwhile, corporate welfare continues unabated......

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline 67 Rover

Re: Trump and the Republicans may have made another big mistake.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 03:22:34 PM »
Iliyah (22,837 posts)

3. republicans care so much about the economy . .

but lacks the know how of how it works.

Reading history concerning the USA's economy, I came across this fact. Overall, the Republicans ar horrible especially when it comes to the economy. They **** it up, then the cleaning crew (Democrats) come in.

Rinse and repeat . . .

republicans lack the ability to keep the country safe also.

Odd isn't it that it is no longer the Obama economy.  :o
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 05:09:23 PM »
I'm sure that cutting useless government UNION employees is going to make the people that democrat governors and mayors put out of business really pissed.

Score another huge reverse barometer win for the DUmpmonkeys.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 08:04:38 PM »
Gee shockass DUmbfuk,it was Nancy (ice cream) drunken piglosi that held up the bill at the last minute to pour pork on it.

You halfwits can't rewrite history.