Author Topic: What's your Gulity Pleasure TV show  (Read 10433 times)

Offline Miss Mia

What's your Gulity Pleasure TV show
« on: July 09, 2008, 01:27:52 PM »
We all have them, the slightly embarrassing show that you cannot help but watch every time it's on.

Mine is Bridezillas.  I unashamedly love that show.  I love the fighting.  I cannot understand why anyone marries these women, they're psycho!  If there's a marathon of it on, I'll watch ever episode.

So what's your guilty pleasure?
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: What's your Gulity Pleasure TV show
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 01:29:56 PM »
South Park. 

I love it, my wife doesn't want it in her house (dammit!).  So when she goes up for a shower, I flip over to Comedy Central and watch - with a finger poised on the <RECALL> button on the remote.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 01:41:06 PM »
Lost.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Lauri

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 01:41:26 PM »
ok, i will admit it .. I'm watching Living Lohan and Denise Richards's show....

the Lohans are kind of a train wreck but both shows are about the right amount of time i use my treadmill and i need a silly distraction to make the time go by out there..

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 01:42:51 PM »

the Lohans are kind of a train wreck but both shows are about the right amount of time i use my treadmill and i need a silly distraction to make the time go by out there..

I've seen that Lohan show once.  I may have to check it out again.  :)
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline guest

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 01:47:53 PM »
It seems like a lot of people I know absolutely detest Hell's Kitchen, but it is my guilty pleasure, watching Gordon Ramsay rip the contestant chefs to pieces. :fuelfire:  I'm still angry about Jen being kicked off, as I considered her to be the best chef. 

Edit:  I missed last night's episode, and found out Christina won.  Well, it's better than Corey.  *shudders*
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 01:49:36 PM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline Lauri

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 01:49:43 PM »

its fairly boring but the mom is just way too involved.. she's in the middle of her college son's relationship with his girlfriend (no big suprise the girlfriends says adios in one episode.. but mom calls her and gets her back) ... Ali Lohan dresses, talks and acts far older than 14.. and does everybody now wear fake eyelashes?? Ali Lohan is a cute girl, but she looks 30something, although her body is still like a kids....

Denise Richards cusses like a sailer.. she is kind of funny actually.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 01:51:37 PM »
It seems like a lot of people I know absolutely detest Hell's Kitchen, but it is my guilty pleasure, watching Gordon Ramsay rip the contestant chefs to pieces. :fuelfire:  I'm still angry about Jen being kicked off, as I considered her to be the best chef. 

Edit:  I missed last night's episode, and found out Christina won.  Well, it's better than Corey.  *shudders*

Jeff LOVES that show... Gordon Ramsey is typically spot on about his gripes, but he's so over the top - i dont know how the restraunt staff ever gets over his stabbing them sometimes. but he usually gets them on track even after he totally shreds them... good show.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 01:51:50 PM »

its fairly boring but the mom is just way too involved.. she's in the middle of her college son's relationship with his girlfriend (no big suprise the girlfriends says adios in one episode.. but mom calls her and gets her back) ... Ali Lohan dresses, talks and acts far older than 14.. and does everybody now wear fake eyelashes?? Ali Lohan is a cute girl, but she looks 30something, although her body is still like a kids....

Did you ever watch The Real Housewives of Orange County.  I've caught that a few times on a Sunday afternoon.  There's one mom that's waaaay to into her college son's life.  He's away at school and she shows up with a case of beer.  He's so embarrassed that she's there.  It was funny.
Stink Eye

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 01:52:15 PM »

I've never watched Hell's Kitchen, but I do religiously watch Top Chef. 
Stink Eye

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 01:53:50 PM »

Jeff LOVES that show... Gordon Ramsey is typically spot on about his gripes, but he's so over the top - i dont know how the restraunt staff ever gets over his stabbing them sometimes. but he usually gets them on track even after he totally shreds them... good show.

I think his staff is probably quite used to his behavior, or at least they know how to give him what he wants.   

What do y'all think of his other show, Kitchen Nightmares?  Not quite the same amount of cruelty involved, but it's worth watching, IMO. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 02:04:11 PM »

Both Hell's Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares (the BBC version) are my un-guilty pleasures.  I do like a few of the reality-type programs: Deadliest Catch and The Academy are the best catch it underway (non-survival style) shows.

But I have to admit the other evening I somehow got fascinated with an episode of Shear Genius. And I like What Not To Wear as a bakground time waster on Saturday when I am doing other stuff.

I sometimes worry I have an inner metrosexual trying to get out

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 02:06:26 PM »
I don't know if I have any right at this moment but when Hercules and Xena were on I felt embarressed telling people I watched those shows.

The most recent one I remember was Crossing Jordan which just got more judgey and bizzare with each season.  Each season you thought it couldn't get any more insipid but it did right up to the end.  It was put out of it's misery last year and I don't think there is anything I watch that replaces it.

Suggestions?  I prefer scripted shows.  I don't feel any guilt when watching South Park or the Adult Swim shows I watch, I kind of like the preachy liberal fundamentalism of Crossing Jordan or some episodes of Law and Order to be embarresed to admit to watching.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline djones520

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 02:06:41 PM »
Closest thing to a guilty pleasure would be Family Guy.

I don't really watch much T.V.  My wife watches enough for the both of us.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2008, 02:07:59 PM »
I don't know if I have any right at this moment but when Hercules and Xena were on I felt embarressed telling people I watched those shows.

The most recent one I remember was Crossing Jordan which just got more judgey and bizzare with each season.  Each season you thought it couldn't get any more insipid but it did right up to the end.  It was put out of it's misery last year and I don't think there is anything I watch that replaces it.

Suggestions?  I prefer scripted shows.  I don't feel any guilt when watching South Park or the Adult Swim shows I watch, I kind of like the preachy liberal fundamentalism of Crossing Jordan or some episodes of Law and Order to be embarresed to admit to watching.

!!!   :rotf: :rotf:
Stink Eye

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 02:13:30 PM »

The most recent one I remember was Crossing Jordan which just got more judgey and bizzare with each season.  Each season you thought it couldn't get any more insipid but it did right up to the end.  It was put out of it's misery last year and I don't think there is anything I watch that replaces it.

Suggestions?  I prefer scripted shows.  I don't feel any guilt when watching South Park or the Adult Swim shows I watch, I kind of like the preachy liberal fundamentalism of Crossing Jordan or some episodes of Law and Order to be embarresed to admit to watching.

!!!   :rotf: :rotf:
Oh, come on, you know you watched.  Admit it  :-)

Actually I kind of expected that response from Crossing Jordan.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Lauri

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008, 02:39:36 PM »

Did you ever watch The Real Housewives of Orange County.  I've caught that a few times on a Sunday afternoon.  There's one mom that's waaaay to into her college son's life.  He's away at school and she shows up with a case of beer.  He's so embarrassed that she's there.  It was funny.

is that the young mom married to her new husband? she's got long blonde hair, is fairly small... she's cute i guess. but she's waaaay too flirty. its inappropriate and it would turn me off as a girlfriend to see someone acting that way.

i could totally see her showing up at school - trying to be the cool mom. cause, we all know, nobody is more fun to party with than mom  :whatever:

Offline Lauri

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2008, 02:42:03 PM »

I think his staff is probably quite used to his behavior, or at least they know how to give him what he wants.   

What do y'all think of his other show, Kitchen Nightmares?  Not quite the same amount of cruelty involved, but it's worth watching, IMO. 

well, but Ramsey yells at people in other kitchens... not his own staff. that's what makes it so incredible.. that people would take his anger and then turn it around. most people say, "ah screw it, its just a waiter/waiteress job... dime a dozen."

i dont think ive seen Kitchen Nightmares... 

Offline guest

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2008, 02:49:21 PM »

well, but Ramsey yells at people in other kitchens... not his own staff. that's what makes it so incredible.. that people would take his anger and then turn it around. most people say, "ah screw it, its just a waiter/waiteress job... dime a dozen."

i dont think ive seen Kitchen Nightmares... 

Not quite like Hell's Kitchen, but it's interesting to see how the executive chefs of the restaurants in dire need respond  to Ramsay's criticism.  I still remember the one episode where the chef was an egotistical Frenchman ( edit: Oh wait, that's redundant, isn't it?  :uhsure:  ).   Watching him and Ramsay butt heads was entertaining.   :lmao:

If you have high-speed internet, you should be able to watch the episode on Hulu.com

http://www.hulu.com/watch/4340/kitchen-nightmares-secret-garden#s-p1-so-i0
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 02:52:16 PM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2008, 02:51:19 PM »

is that the young mom married to her new husband? she's got long blonde hair, is fairly small... she's cute i guess. but she's waaaay too flirty. its inappropriate and it would turn me off as a girlfriend to see someone acting that way.

i could totally see her showing up at school - trying to be the cool mom. cause, we all know, nobody is more fun to party with than mom  :whatever:

No, that's not her.

She's the second on the right.
Stink Eye

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2008, 03:16:03 PM »
Currently I am enjoying Ghost Whisperer and Barefoot Contessa (I want that house and kitchen).

Offline Flame

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2008, 04:32:19 PM »
I like to watch the 70's show....cracks me up.

And America's Next Top Model.

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2008, 04:36:38 PM »
"Everyday Italian" with the supernova hot Giada De Laurentiis.  The many, many cleavage shots straight down her tops and cooking-based double entendres are choice.

To wit:

[youtube=425,350]DY6GXVJbNtY[/youtube]
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 04:41:05 PM by jinxmchue »

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2008, 04:53:49 PM »
I like watching Gene Simmon's Family Jewels.  It is mindless and most of it is faked but I can't help but like that family. 

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2008, 04:57:08 PM »
Oh and Reno 911, simply brilliant.