Author Topic: WE's Happy Hour Thread, including my unhappy house of cards  (Read 9210 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour

".

Happy hour was truly GREAT tonight!  with a number of other bar patrons helping, we
built the "WE house of cards.

this is what we came up with. :-)

Offline Miss Mia

Re: WE's Happy Hour Thread, including my unhappy house of cards
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 09:31:16 PM »
Quite amazing handiwork for a couple of drunks.

LOL

:tongue:
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 09:32:55 PM »
look at that crappy photo.  :tongue: were you stumbling when you took it?  :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 09:35:03 PM »

LOL

it was at least a half a dozen drunks, thank you very much.  we drew in people from around the bar.  the one that dropped the house paid for the round.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 09:35:49 PM »

LOL

it was at least a half a dozen drunks, thank you very much.  we drew in people from around the bar.  the one that dropped the house paid for the round.

So the hardcore drunks were all congregated in one area.  What a happy bartender.  :)
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 09:37:05 PM »
I for one think that's cool as hell.  :bow:
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 09:37:28 PM »
look at that crappy photo.  :tongue: were you stumbling when you took it?  :-)

I didn't take it.  they just knew that I had a camera in my blackberry.  I seem to have a few rather unusual pics on my blackberry.  I swear, I walked out to smoke, and everyone was laughing for no reason when I got back.  now I know why. :-)

it's a good thing that i have known them all for a long time, and consider the to be friends. :uhsure:

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 09:37:45 PM »
Re-sizing is your friend!
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 09:38:18 PM »

you tell me that all the time. :whatever:

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2008, 09:38:53 PM »

Everyone is trying to impress me tonight.  :evillaugh:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2008, 09:40:53 PM »
Well, for my good news of the day....

I talked with the admissions for Northwood and without saying it straight out, he said I wouldn't have trouble getting admitted into the program I want in.  Plus, I did let it slip that my mom is an alumni as well as the GM where I work.  :)

*phew*  I was sooooo worried that those classes I bombed when I went to UNT many moons ago were going to keep me out. 
Stink Eye

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2008, 09:41:11 PM »

Everyone is trying to impress me tonight.  :evillaugh:

meh.  the impulse to impress someone is the basis upon which one wishes to create an impression.

if I haven't created an impression in you know, Schad, I never will. :-)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2008, 09:42:16 PM »

I talked with the admissions for Northwood and without saying it straight out, he said I wouldn't have trouble getting admitted into the program I want in.  Plus, I did let it slip that my mom is an alumni as well as the GM where I work.  :)

*phew*  I was sooooo worried that those classes I bombed when I went to UNT many moons ago were going to keep me out. 

which program did you pick, baby?

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2008, 09:44:13 PM »

I think I'm going to go with the Automotive Marketing/Management.  The guy that called me today said that once he gets my transcript in, they'll go over what's going to be transferred, etc. 
Stink Eye

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2008, 09:45:50 PM »

I think I'm going to go with the Automotive Marketing/Management.  The guy that called me today said that once he gets my transcript in, they'll go over what's going to be transferred, etc. 

how long until you  finish the program, and what sort of degree will you achieve?

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008, 09:47:30 PM »
Sounds awesome Mia! Good luck to you.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2008, 09:49:33 PM »

how long until you  finish the program, and what sort of degree will you achieve?

You get a BBA.  I'm excited about it.  The owner of where I work really likes the idea of me taking over for my boss in a few years.

I'm not sure how long it's going to take.  I don't know how much is going to transfer from UNT.  I'm thinking somewhere in the span of 2 to 3 years to finish up.  They do 10 week semesters:  fall, winter & spring, plus there's 3 summer semesters available. 
Stink Eye

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2008, 09:50:43 PM »

The GM & Owner have said they'll help pay for it, and I didn't ask them my boss told them they were going to help pay for it.  LOL

On another note, I'm currently watching the movie "Spanglish" and I'm surprisingly liking it quite a bit.
Stink Eye

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2008, 09:51:46 PM »

You get a BBA.  I'm excited about it.  The owner of where I work really likes the idea of me taking over for my boss in a few years.

I'm not sure how long it's going to take.  I don't know how much is going to transfer from UNT.  I'm thinking somewhere in the span of 2 to 3 years to finish up.  They do 10 week semesters:  fall, winter & spring, plus there's 3 summer semesters available. 

nose to the grindstone, baby.  it's hard to hold down a full time job AND go to school.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2008, 09:52:51 PM »

The GM & Owner have said they'll help pay for it, and I didn't ask them my boss told them they were going to help pay for it.  LOL

On another note, I'm currently watching the movie "Spanglish" and I'm surprisingly liking it quite a bit.

hmmm.  where did that idea come from?

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2008, 09:53:25 PM »

nose to the grindstone, baby.  it's hard to hold down a full time job AND go to school.

I think I'll be able to make it doing 3 classes at a time.  Once this current mess gets cleaned up at work, I should be riding well and might possibly have some study time at work.  *keeping fingers crossed*
Stink Eye

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2008, 09:54:55 PM »

My boss knows how much money I make.  She went into the GM's office and told him my idea about going back to school to learn the controllers position and followed it up with "and I want to help pay for it" meaning Metro pay for it. 

She said while it's not a known thing, the owner has helped pay for many people to go through college if they were good employees.  Loyalty means a lot at Metro. 
Stink Eye

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2008, 10:02:43 PM »

My boss knows how much money I make.  She went into the GM's office and told him my idea about going back to school to learn the controllers position and followed it up with "and I want to help pay for it" meaning Metro pay for it. 

She said while it's not a known thing, the owner has helped pay for many people to go through college if they were good employees.  Loyalty means a lot at Metro. 

as I said, where did THAT idea come from? :uhsure:

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2008, 10:03:41 PM »

I think I'll be able to make it doing 3 classes at a time.  Once this current mess gets cleaned up at work, I should be riding well and might possibly have some study time at work.  *keeping fingers crossed*

9 hours a week in class?  that isn't too terribly bad.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2008, 10:04:47 PM »

as I said, where did THAT idea come from? :uhsure:

I didn't say anything about paying for school.  After she told me, I told her that I was gonna take out loans and I should qualify for some grants or something. 

My boss likes me
Stink Eye