Author Topic: No swingers at Pismo  (Read 532 times)

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
No swingers at Pismo
« on: August 23, 2012, 01:58:06 PM »
Well, after leaving Corona we made or way to lovely Hollywierd.

This guy wanted $2 for a pic:

While we were there they rolled out the red carpet for newest crappy Will Farrell movie:

We headed out after an hour or so, tired of the beggars and general trashiness of the place.

Stopping in Santa Barbara we had lunch on the pier. The girls liked watching the skateboarders:

[/img]
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 02:00:28 PM by Wineslob »
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Wineslob

Re: No swingers at Pismo
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 02:30:56 PM »
Finding SB FAR too expensive to try and stay at we decided to go up to Pismo Beach and "just check it out".

After pulling in and seeing this:

We decided to find a hotel. We got one, roughly 3 buildings from the beach. The price was excellent, about $125  a night, but only available for one night. I did, however, find a place ON the beach for $130 a night for the next day. I booked it.

Later we wandered around the "old town" area and fell in love with it. It is the "perfect" beach community. Once we arrived we never left. You can walk to anything you want and there's plenty to walk to. We had lunch at Spray Cafe which has some of the best clam chowder evah! For dinner we went to an Italian place that was very, very good. We gave the girls some cash so mom and dad could have a night out.  :hyper:

I pretty much lived in shorts, tee shirts and flip flops the whole time. Loved it.

The next day I headed out to the beach for some boogie boarding. Look out for the old dude! (I'm in the middle)

Later we checked in to the "new" place. It was OK, but the price reflected the condition. Neither my wife nor I really cared. It was clean (Yaaaaaa!) and later that afternoon we had this to check with the binoculars we brought:

The spray in the picture is from the whales that were splashing about. Really really cool.

We only had 2 days there but we are already figuring out how soon we can go back. My daughter now wants to live there. Can't say I blame her with these sunsets each night:

Ya, that was from the balcony of our room.

:cheersmate:
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 02:38:51 PM by Wineslob »
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 03:00:39 PM »
Finding SB FAR too expensive to try and stay at we decided to go up to Pismo Beach and "just check it out".
(snip)
Great pictures!  :cheersmate:

The Santa Barbara  pier is pretty cool also...a great place for lunch.

If I could get over the moonbattyness of CA, I would move to Ventura, CA.....

Offline Wineslob

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 04:15:27 PM »
A couple more related pics.

Me and the kidlet at SB:

I wanted to stop here, but with two under age girls..........

Not-gonna-happen.

:-)