Author Topic: CC the talk of the internets?  (Read 11849 times)

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
Re: CC the talk of the internets?
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2008, 08:41:02 PM »
The way he speaks about CC over at NU one would think this is the last place Blight Owl would come back to. Then again theres no accounting for stupid either.

Contrary to what some think, I don't take my membership at CC for granted. Despite how I might come across to some, I deeply appreciate the opportunity the owners and members of CC have given me to challenge their most deeply held beliefs. I'm not being sarcastic... I really mean that.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 08:43:15 PM by The Night Owl »
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2008, 08:59:01 PM »
The way he speaks about CC over at NU one would think this is the last place Blight Owl would come back to. Then again theres no accounting for stupid either.

Contrary to what some think, I don't take my membership at CC for granted. Despite how I might come across to some, I deeply appreciate the opportunity the owners and members of CC have given me to challenge their most deeply held beliefs. I'm not being sarcastic... I really mean that.

awwwwww....how sweet....**** head.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2008, 09:06:11 PM »

Every community has that mentally challenged guy who rides around on a bicycle, the one everyone takes under their wing, and the firemen let him raise the flag in front of the station.   

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2008, 09:41:29 PM »
Every community has that mentally challenged guy who rides around on a bicycle, the one everyone takes under their wing, and the firemen let him raise the flag in front of the station.   

I love that guy!
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2008, 05:58:37 AM »

He has to talk about us that way over there.  Otherwise he'd find he has trouble logging in the next time he tried to go to NU
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2008, 06:03:27 AM »
You know, I am really wounded.

Sad and forlorn and melancholy and sobbing in heartbreak.

Every time an offshoot of the other place was started, someone invited franksolich to join.

conservativecomfort, republicanoperative, liberalunderground, and of course our new home here.

And there's been a lot of offshoots of freerepublic too, where this was the case.

But nobody at neutralunderground ever invited franksolich.

It must be a pretty exclusive crowd over there.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2008, 06:36:49 AM »

Every time an offshoot of the other place was started, someone invited franksolich to join.

conservativecomfort, republicanoperative, liberalunderground, and of course our new home here.

And there's been a lot of offshoots of freerepublic too, where this was the case.

And that sentence, sir, sums up all that is wrong with NU for me.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2008, 07:20:35 AM »

So far, you haven't challenged us.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2008, 07:58:26 AM »

Well, let me be the first to invite you to NU.

Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2008, 08:00:08 AM »

Yeah, right, but it's not the same thing.

This is like one mere member of an exclusive country club inviting someone else to join.

In all other instances, the head man invited franksolich to join.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2008, 08:04:59 AM »
NU = Neutered Ungerground.   :whatever:

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2008, 08:08:15 AM »

This is like one mere member of an exclusive country club inviting someone else to join.

I'm just guessing here but... I would be willing to bet that when Scott started NU, he chose not to invite CUers en masse for fear that doing so would have been perceived as an attempt to crush CU by stealing its members.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2008, 08:14:02 AM »
I'm just guessing here but... I would be willing to bet that when Scott started NU, he chose not to invite CUers en masse for fear that doing so would have been perceived as an attempt to crush CU by stealing its members.

Actually, sir, Scott's wife and I never got along, after she made the comment about BadCat being the last person she ever wanted to meet in real life.

I took that personally, and hard.  BadCat's a nice guy, the salt of the earth.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2008, 08:21:53 AM »

I love that guy!

Narcissist!

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2008, 08:52:04 AM »
Actually, sir, Scott's wife and I never got along, after she made the comment about BadCat being the last person she ever wanted to meet in real life.

I took that personally, and hard.  BadCat's a nice guy, the salt of the earth.

I think that even Badcat would admit that... uh... to borrow a phrase from Barack Obama... that his sermons can get a little rough.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2008, 09:04:49 AM »

they did invite CUers en masse.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2008, 09:12:05 AM »

Oh, yes indeed!  And we are still on their mailing list.  I feel like a yo-yo.  Come here, Undies - go away, Undies - we miss you come back, Undies. 

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2008, 09:17:05 AM »

I love that guy!

Narcissist!

LOL   :-)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2008, 09:18:02 AM »

And that sentence, sir, sums up all that is wrong with NU for me.

Can you be any more obvious?   :whatever:

:p :-)

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2008, 09:20:13 AM »
Can you be any more obvious?

I still think I never got an invite because Scott's wife dislikes, or disliked, BadCat.

And I, still a newbie at the other place, yelled at her for it.

We're all known by the company we keep.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2008, 09:24:49 AM »

Why?  So he can discuss religion over there with ya, too. :-)

First place I saw this guy over there was in a religion post.  I'm sure it was a coincidence, since I only looked at about three threads, and was in a pissing match trying to get a straight answer from a lib.  But I did think it was funny to see him there.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2008, 09:26:09 AM »
Can you be any more obvious?

I still think I never got an invite because Scott's wife dislikes, or disliked, BadCat.

And I, still a newbie at the other place, yelled at her for it.

We're all known by the company we keep.

LOL Frank, I was calling Schade out for her obvious sucking up skills.   :-*

Offline Chris_

« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2008, 09:26:19 AM »

Oh, yes indeed!  And we are still on their mailing list.  I feel like a yo-yo.  Come here, Undies - go away, Undies - we miss you come back, Undies. 
No different than being married...

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2008, 12:00:03 PM »
What?!?!
Badmouthing CC at NU?

What an honor. We should each give TNO a bitch slap for his considerations.

Being bad mouthed at NU is like Jeffrey Dahmer telling us we have an eating disorder.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2008, 12:04:49 PM »

Thank you. I just love it when Godless immoral fags come across as so condescending. It once again proves my theory of just how ****ed-in-the-head they are.
Every society has its cretins and social malformed freaks. Don't blame the Christians, blame Darwin and evolution for failing you.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄