Author Topic: For BEG--Quilts to be auctioned  (Read 15668 times)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Re: For BEG--Quilts to be auctioned
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2010, 06:52:39 PM »
So where will the white border go?  at the end of the quilt...or in the middle somewhere...I'm a bit confused as to the placement of it....

Ok go to the Amy Butler site and click on the patterns.  Click on the strippy quilt you originally wanted.  Scroll down to the bottom and look at the 2nd version of the quilt with the white border.  It is "color story #2.  That will show you what an all white boarder would look like.  It would really stand out with the white between the blocks.

I would post a link but it is a PDF file.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2010, 06:59:04 PM »
Here is the original quilt you wanted to do with the white between each square with a white border.

I think the white part is a little on the large side though.  Also look at the binding, I think it is pieced with all the left over fabrics (you don't have to buy extra fabric for the binding that way).

For some reason I can't get the first picture to post.  Here it is:  http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_J3PM1cNaWQU/SnuK86aJhsI/AAAAAAAABnk/Eaq2-8Eyq7w/s1600-h/top.jpg

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2010, 07:02:42 PM »
I love the thin border you did here...I just love this quilt..the colors are so crisp...

On my quilt...do you suggest something like this...or a wide border...

Ok use your imagination here.  Don't look at the fabrics and don't pay attention to the orientation of the squares or that there is no smaller green square between the other squares.  Cross your eyes and see what the quilt would look like with a white border (I'm having a hard time finding an example to show you).

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2010, 07:04:14 PM »
I love the thin border you did here...I just love this quilt..the colors are so crisp...

On my quilt...do you suggest something like this...or a wide border...

The two borders where what I was suggesting before but I think one white border would look better with the quilt you want.  You could add a green inner border and that would look nice but I can picture that quilt you want with a white border and I think it would look fabulous. 

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2010, 07:08:17 PM »
Ok, I see what you mean...the white border would be on the bottom, with a different color fabric binder, right?  Yeah, I do like that alot!  I think a thin green border (that matches the green cornerstones) would look good too with the white border...like the quilt you did...(obvously not with the white)...and the binding with the left over fabric. 

Ok..so that is set...

Now... which fabrics should we go with...?  I suppose it is better to stick with one line...and I do like the midwestern fabric in Pink Dahlia more...

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2010, 07:11:40 PM »
The border would be on all four sides.  I can bind it in white, I think either the green or scrappy would look great. 

I like the midwestern slightly better. 

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2010, 07:12:14 PM »
Oh shoot, I just realized there are two midwestern moderns and we're looking at two different things..

In the Midwest Modern 2, I like the orange dahlia and the sunset.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2010, 07:13:06 PM »
The border would be on all four sides.  I can bind it in white, I think either the green or scrappy would look great.  

Right...so you can bind it whatever you think looks good....I like the idea of the "scrappy"
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 07:16:09 PM by Hawkgirl »

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2010, 07:20:08 PM »
Oh shoot, I just realized there are two midwestern moderns and we're looking at two different things..

In the Midwest Modern 2, I like the orange dahlia and the sunset.

We can combine the fabrics from midwest modern and Midwest modern #2 in the pink and orange.  I don't like the gray with the pink in either of the midwest modern pink fabrics.   

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2010, 07:27:10 PM »
We can combine the fabrics from midwest modern and Midwest modern #2 in the pink and orange.  I don't like the gray with the pink in either of the midwest modern pink fabrics.   

Sounds good to me...!