Author Topic: The WE happy hour thread for march 7, 2008!  (Read 21235 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: The WE happy hour thread for march 7, 2008!
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2008, 07:51:06 PM »
Probably a bunch of retarded shit that nobody reads.

Well...I read it.

My condolences.   :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2008, 07:51:11 PM »
:bird:

All of ya damn bastages

We love you too, CH, we love you, too.  :bigbird:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2008, 07:52:05 PM »
Just sitting here, enjoying the beginning of Spring Break.  :)

Unfortunately, I do not have any alcohol, except for one bottle of Bacardi Raz (forgot that was still in the fridge), and am not in the mood to drive to the liquor store.

Maybe tomorrow.

you just aren't properly motivated, ACC. :-)

NOT drinking is decidedly unamerican.

:rotf:  I know, but after spending $300+ at the eye doctor today, I really don't want to spend any more.   :(

how did that go, by the way?  I knew you were going, but please tell me that you didn't only post your
thoughts to the freaking shoutbox. :whatever:

Of course I didn't.  There is a thread in the Cryin in My Beer forum where I posted about it.   :hammer:

Well, my vision has gotten worse, but only slightly, and the astigmatism also worsened.    :(

sorry, ACC.  I will go look it up.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2008, 07:52:07 PM »
Probably a bunch of retarded shit that nobody reads.

I read your posts.  and I appreciate them.  it's just that there is nothing in them that
is provocative (which will always get a response out of me), or wrong (which will only
sometimes get a response out of me).

I am boring.  :(

I will try harder next time. 

Offline Chris_

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2008, 07:52:32 PM »
Of course I didn't.  There is a thread in the Cryin in My Beer forum where I posted about it.   :hammer:

Well, my vision has gotten worse, but only slightly, and the astigmatism also worsened.    :(

My eyesight declined through my 20's but seemed to even out after 27 or 28.  That is, I didn't have to buy new glasses every year.  Until now.

That's what my eye doctor said, that it will even out in my mid 20's (which I am quickly approaching :o )

Offline Chris_

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2008, 07:53:46 PM »

My eyesight declined through my 20's but seemed to even out after 27 or 28.  That is, I didn't have to buy new glasses every year.  Until now.

That's what my eye doctor said, that it will even out in my mid 20's (which I am quickly approaching :o )

I had a bad habit of stepping and sitting on my glasses.  I just plain wore them out.  I remember having them fall apart on me at work and putting them back together using loose staples and tape.   :lmao:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2008, 07:55:36 PM »

I had a bad habit of stepping and sitting on my glasses.  I just plain wore them out.  I remember having them fall apart on me at work and putting them back together using loose staples and tape.   :lmao:

I did that while at Georgia Southern.  Stepped on a pair of glasses and snapped them down the middle.  Luckily, I had an old pair to use so I could rush down to Savannah to the exact same Lenscrafters I used today to get a new pair.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2008, 07:57:19 PM »
I did that while at Georgia Southern.  Stepped on a pair of glasses and snapped them down the middle.  Luckily, I had an old pair to use so I could rush down to Savannah to the exact same Lenscrafters I used today to get a new pair.

Another reason to skip the expensive frames and buy one pair of the same type. 

I have to buy new glasses in a month or so when the doctor lets me have new ones.  I don't know how much they'll help, but I need to do something about the left side.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 07:59:44 PM by Chris »

Offline Chris_

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2008, 07:59:51 PM »

Another reason to skip the expensive frames and buy two pairs of the same type. 

I have to buy new glasses in a month or so when the doctor lets me have new ones.  I don't know how much they'll help, but I need to to something about the left side.

Well, I was already in need of a new pair.  Something happened to the frames of the old pair to cause them to sit lopsided on my nose (no, my nose is NOT the problem. LOL ).  I had 3 different people try to fix the frames ,but that didn't work.  Because of that, the glasses caused me tremendous headaches. 

But I'll keep them as a back-up pair.  Y'all will get to see the new glasses at the GTG.  They are a nice shade of burgundy. :)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2008, 08:02:24 PM »

I lost my first pair of glasses.  then I got a pair that I really like, but they don't make the transition between
nearsightedness and farsightedness properly.  so I just went by (someplace that I don't remember) and got
yet another pair.

they should be ready tomorrow.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2008, 08:03:17 PM »

I have to buy new glasses in a month or so when the doctor lets me have new ones.  I don't know how much they'll help, but I need to to something about the left side.

Well, I was already in need of a new pair.  Something happened to the frames of the old pair to cause them to sit lopsided on my nose (no, my nose is NOT the problem. LOL ).  I had 3 different people try to fix the frames ,but that didn't work.  Because of that, the glasses caused me tremendous headaches. 

But I'll keep them as a back-up pair.  Y'all will get to see the new glasses at the GTG.  They are a nice shade of burgundy. :)

a lopsided pair is always a really bad thing.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2008, 08:04:18 PM »

Another reason to skip the expensive frames and buy one pair of the same type. 

I have to buy new glasses in a month or so when the doctor lets me have new ones.  I don't know how much they'll help, but I need to do something about the left side.

I disagree.  the frames will sit on your face, for god's sake.  there was never a more important situation
to splurge on something.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2008, 08:05:13 PM »

a lopsided pair is always a really bad thing.

No comment.  :whatever: :lmao:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2008, 08:05:34 PM »
Did I walk into the "Can I do it until I need glasses" thread?  :lmao:

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2008, 08:07:16 PM »

your aged eyes already require them, thank you very much. :evillaugh:

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2008, 08:07:46 PM »
I've had 3 margaritas.  I'm a little tipsy, yet thinking of getting a beer.  What should I do?

Oh and I'm waaaay too lazy to read this whole thread.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Chris_

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2008, 08:09:09 PM »

Oh boy... here we go.  :evillaugh:

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2008, 08:09:39 PM »
I've had 3 margaritas.  I'm a little tipsy, yet thinking of getting a beer.  What should I do?

easy decision.  go get beer.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2008, 08:10:14 PM »

Get a beer!  LOL

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2008, 08:10:23 PM »

easy decision.  go get beer.

Good idea WE.  And it's Miller Lite too.  :)
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2008, 08:11:17 PM »
No Miller Lite. Go with Lone Star.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Chris_

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2008, 08:11:24 PM »

Get a beer!  LOL

You're not missing anything.

Let's see... Ukranian plumbing, frozen mud, bad eyesight, and scary cats.  Is that it?

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2008, 08:12:15 PM »
No Miller Lite. Go with Lone Star.

I prefer Shiner Bock, but Miller Lite is already in the fridge.
Stink Eye

Offline Chris_

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2008, 08:12:27 PM »

Offline Chris_

« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2008, 08:12:36 PM »

Get a beer!  LOL

You're not missing anything.

Let's see... Ukranian plumbing, frozen mud, bad eyesight, and scary cats.  Is that it?

And some minor innuendo.