Author Topic: What car do you drive?  (Read 10217 times)

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
Re: What car do you drive?
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2009, 07:35:02 PM »
14%??? :o  ...If a sales manager isn't willing to return calls in a reasonably prompt manner, I'd be really concerned at how they treat their customers after the sale.   :( 

...all things considered, I'm sure your current vehicle will work beautifully. 

Not calling back is part of the game, usually the have the salesperson call back and say so-and-so is too busy to call he/ she will see you at the dealership to sign papers and answer all questions then.

And the 14% a highball number, but you better believe some suckers sign on the dotted line. If you don't sign they go down to 9-10% and other suckers think they're getting a great deal so they sign. For people that know the tricks and play them out you can end up around 4-5% sometimes less.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2009, 07:41:10 PM »
2005 Honda Pilot...I love it

Offline Gratiot

« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2009, 07:54:19 PM »
And the 14% a highball number, but you better believe some suckers sign on the dotted line. If you don't sign they go down to 9-10% and other suckers think they're getting a great deal so they sign. For people that know the tricks and play them out you can end up around 4-5% sometimes less.

I just went to my credit union, they offered me 4.9% and I didn't have any hassle or game playing. 

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2009, 08:03:53 PM »
I just went to my credit union, they offered me 4.9% and I didn't have any hassle or game playing. 

Credit unions aren't car dealers. I used to tell my customers on the test drive to do some research into going rates at credit unions because it pissed me off every time a good person got screwed by the b*tch in the corner office.

After 9/11/2001 she used to use the tragedy of the attacks to justify higher rates - I'm talking 19, 20, 21%. That's when I started telling people to call their credit union.
nine eleven is a car

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2009, 08:18:54 PM »

After 9/11/2001 she used to use the tragedy of the attacks to justify higher rates - I'm talking 19, 20, 21%. That's when I started telling people to call their credit union.

The saleslady called me today and suggested that exact thing.

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2009, 08:29:23 PM »
The saleslady called me today and suggested that exact thing.

In dealership hierarchy only the person that cleans the restrooms has less authority then salespeople.
nine eleven is a car

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2009, 08:31:47 PM »
My property taxes are about 4800 bucks per year. The BMW is the wifes. I don't drive cars.

that's a beautiful house...what state are you in?

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2009, 08:33:45 PM »
In dealership hierarchy only the person that cleans the restrooms has less authority then salespeople.

Seems so...I must have spoken with a few different "managers'..meanwhile the sales person is the one who took me on the test drives and showed me the cars...but it seems that she's not allowed to "close the deal".  I'd rather have dealt with her than with the other schmucks.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2009, 08:36:54 PM »
I agree with the others , a credit union is the best bet. Many will allow you to join and get a vehicle loan shortly after.  My CU offers 4 1/5% on new and 7 1/2 % on used cars less than 3 years old.

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #109 on: October 21, 2009, 09:47:49 PM »
e-lockers?  :cheersmate:
Damn right it's locked. Wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't.
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #110 on: October 21, 2009, 09:59:56 PM »
Going back to the original post, my daily driver is a '96 Crown Vic Police Interceptor. The finest and the fastest hot rod off the floor. that  I've ever had the pleasure to drive! Believe it or not, it came from Sheriff Arapio. I've got a buddie that heads south for the gubmint auction every year, down in Arizona. They took very good care of it as it has 200,000 miles and the oil still looks brand new!!!!!!!!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #111 on: October 21, 2009, 10:01:19 PM »
We have his and her Hyundai Santa Fe's.

I have the joy of knowing that not a single piece of either of them was built by an American labor union.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline debk

« Reply #112 on: October 21, 2009, 11:12:28 PM »
We have his and her Hyundai Santa Fe's.

I have the joy of knowing that not a single piece of either of them was built by an American labor union.

Are you really happy with them?

This is the car my accountant suggested I go look at in the next month or so. I want to stay with an SUV, I'd like one more affordable than a Nissan or Toyota.....but I am really freaky about safety features and he said they were highly rated....
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #113 on: October 21, 2009, 11:51:42 PM »
Well I am not getting that car.  Their rate was 14% :lmao:  I told them to cancel the deal.  

Not sure whether I should just keep my Benz (since it's paid for) or go back this weekend and work a deal on the same  model but without all the bells and whistles (except for leather, I want leather) and pay cash.

I finally got a hold of the business manager after I told the sales manager to cancel the sale since he is not returning calls.  Five minutes later, the business manager called me with their excellent rate of 14% :rotf: He said it was because of my investment properties (which are all current with mortgages paid on time)

SIGH...I HATE CAR SHOPPING!

If I was buying a car on credit I would get a loan thru Capital one Bank. They will issue you a blank check and then you do not have to deal with credit issues. Credit unions will do the same. Have you looked at Infinity. They have great cars, great warranty and will treat you like royalty and give you a loaner car when you have a repair that will take more than a few minutes.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 11:53:44 PM by Lacarnut »

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #114 on: October 22, 2009, 10:04:46 AM »

Are you really happy with them?

This is the car my accountant suggested I go look at in the next month or so. I want to stay with an SUV, I'd like one more affordable than a Nissan or Toyota.....but I am really freaky about safety features and he said they were highly rated....

Absolutely.
We've never had any problems with ours, and they have a great warranty that even has roadside protection for the first 5 years.  Fairly good gas mileage for a vehicle that size also.  On the new ones, you can get an extra row of seats in the back.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #115 on: October 22, 2009, 10:18:17 AM »
Hyundai's Veracruz (their fancy, upscale SUV) is nice.  I haven't seen one since they put out pictures of the concept, but it was very attractive.  If its as nice as the Genesis, it would be worth taking a look at.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline debk

« Reply #116 on: October 22, 2009, 10:57:03 AM »
Absolutely.
We've never had any problems with ours, and they have a great warranty that even has roadside protection for the first 5 years.  Fairly good gas mileage for a vehicle that size also.  On the new ones, you can get an extra row of seats in the back.

Hyundai's Veracruz (their fancy, upscale SUV) is nice.  I haven't seen one since they put out pictures of the concept, but it was very attractive.  If its as nice as the Genesis, it would be worth taking a look at.

I went on their website last night and looked at the Sante Fe. Didn't think to look and see what other SUV's they have.

There was a calculator for purchasing one...but nothing about leasing. I need to lease, as I get a better tax deduction than if I purchase.

I really hate having to make car decisions... :(
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #117 on: October 22, 2009, 02:32:35 PM »
that's a beautiful house...what state are you in?

Evans, Georgia, right outside of Augusta.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site