Author Topic: it's the WE HAPPY HOUR thread from hell!  (Read 1802 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
it's the WE HAPPY HOUR thread from hell!
« on: February 06, 2009, 08:20:42 PM »
Since Wretched Excess is preoccupied, I thought I would start this.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 10:47:22 PM by Wretched Excess »

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Friday night Happy Hour thread
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 08:39:33 PM »
Well, Hades, obviously I don't have that magnetism of Wretched Excess, that draws in the chicks.

Actually, I started this because it would've been the first Friday night on conservativecave ever, without a Happy Hour thread, and we don't want that tradition interrupted.

But because I have a really bad headache, I was hoping that once it was started, Schadenfreude or Miss Mia would get it going.

Alas.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 08:39:49 PM »
How do you make a hot toddy?  I actually turned on the heat last night.  First time in years that I've had to do that since I'm moved down here.
Tonight, a good soak in the hot tub with some candless and bubbles...along with hot, but spiced drink is in order.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 08:41:07 PM »
How do you make a hot toddy?  I actually turned on the heat last night.  First time in years that I've had to do that since I'm moved down here.
Tonight, a good soak in the hot tub with some candless and bubbles...along with hot, but spiced drink is in order.

When I was in college, I just used to take brandy, warm it, and dump some cinnamon into it.  I doubt that's a real Hot Toddy, but I bet it's close.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 08:45:00 PM »
When I was in college, I just used to take brandy, warm it, and dump some cinnamon into it.  I doubt that's a real Hot Toddy, but I bet it's close.

honey, lemon and hot water with whiskey  :cheersmate:

Quote from: Hawkgirl
How do you make a hot toddy?  I actually turned on the heat last night.  First time in years that I've had to do that since I'm moved down here.

Why did you stop in the middle of the story??  :p

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 08:45:58 PM »
It's been a long week. I actually passed out on my recliner earlier this afternoon. Gawd, I feel old sometimes.  :lmao:

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 09:25:38 PM »
Yes it has been a very long week! I myself ended it today though, on a very good note. I got a bunch off my desk
that had been piling up, and left my office today with everything in great shape and organized for next week. Being
somewhat of a perfectionist fanaticly organized OCD person, that was a perfect way to start off the weekend.

But then......I came home. I've got much to do around the house the next couple of days. But for the rest of tonight
I shall rest and veggie out on the couch watching old black & white movies on Turner Classics.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 09:30:16 PM »
I am remembering how it was when I would get tipsy and go to clubs chatting it up with boys and making all the good girls jealous. 

Tonight, I am kinda wishing I could do that. 

I'm in a state....of something...
Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic.

Sometimes I aim to please, but mostly I just shoot to kill.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 09:36:31 PM »
Yes it has been a very long week! I myself ended it today though, on a very good note. I got a bunch off my desk
that had been piling up, and left my office today with everything in great shape and organized for next week. Being
somewhat of a perfectionist fanaticly organized OCD person, that was a perfect way to start off the weekend.

But then......I came home. I've got much to do around the house the next couple of days. But for the rest of tonight
I shall rest and veggie out on the couch watching old black & white movies on Turner Classics.

Ahhh, now that can just about make me miss having cable TV.

I'm no fan of Ted but damn it all, he has some TV smarts in him the crazy old coot.

Quote from: Tess
I am remembering how it was when I would get tipsy and go to clubs chatting it up with boys and making all the good girls jealous. 

Tonight, I am kinda wishing I could do that. 

I'm in a state....of something...

Anticipation? Denial? Texas? Excitement? Bliss? Wanton loosey gooseyness?
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 09:38:01 PM »
Ahhh, now that can just about make me miss having cable TV.

I'm no fan of Ted but damn it all, he has some TV smarts in him the crazy old coot.

Anticipation? Denial? Texas? Excitement? Bliss? Wanton loosey gooseyness?

that's what I need....i need to not care....

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 09:42:45 PM »
that's what I need....i need to not care....

Yeah, been a long week and a rough night politics wise. Toss back a drink and sing your favorite song. That's what I'm doing.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWnUmpQhiOw[/youtube]

- Ayn Rand

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 09:52:26 PM »
Yes Ted Turner did one really good thing in his otherwise horrid existance.
I love those old black & white movies. I always wanted to be Betty Davis back in her very young days.
I'll take a Glenn Ford or William Holden any day over the crud that inhabits hollyweird these days. 

Tess...maybe you are just having withdrawls after coming back from Disney World?
Reality after a trip like that can suck the big one.

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2009, 09:54:23 PM »
Yeah, been a long week and a rough night politics wise. Toss back a drink and sing your favorite song. That's what I'm doing.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWnUmpQhiOw[/youtube]

is that your favorite song?  LMAO

You know this guy that I know on FB was VERY verbal about his support for obama and for his disdain for Palin.  His latest status says that he will never be able to pay back the 217,000 college loans that he needs.  I want SO BADLY to comment and say, "Well, thanks to Obama, you won't even get that loan now."

So here's the mood I've been in...
[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WM6YevemuaQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WM6YevemuaQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Here's a better one though...I want to be loosy goosey...
[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3tqSoSQN43s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3tqSoSQN43s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2009, 09:55:00 PM »
Yes Ted Turner did one really good thing in his otherwise horrid existance.
I love those old black & white movies. I always wanted to be Betty Davis back in her very young days.
I'll take a Glenn Ford or William Holden any day over the crud that inhabits hollyweird these days. 

Tess...maybe you are just having withdrawls after coming back from Disney World?
Reality after a trip like that can suck the big one.

I always wanted to be Bogey.  :-)

(that reminds me, I could go for a quick smoke about now)

- Ayn Rand

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2009, 09:58:03 PM »
my. sincerest apologies.  work was tough this week

so, IT'S THE WE THREAD!!!!

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2009, 09:58:33 PM »
my  sincerest apologies.  work was tough this week

so IT'S THE WE THREAD!!!!

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2009, 10:05:32 PM »
my. sincerest apologies.  work was tough this week

so, IT'S THE WE THREAD!!!!

H5 for effort.

- Ayn Rand

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2009, 10:05:55 PM »
Yes maybe it is letdown from Vacay.

And you wanna know what else?  I am going skiing with some friends next week and I DON'T SKI!

What the HELL did I get myself into???? :thatsright:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2009, 10:09:57 PM »
Oh I love to go skiing! You'll enjoy it. If you've never been before, just be sure to invest in at least a half day
lesson right at the start. You'll be really glad you did. They teach you to get on and off the lift without falling
(embarrasing when they shut the whole lift down just to pick you up off the ground) and also how to stop
yourself from uncontrolled slides all the way down the mountain. Those are kinda good things to know. But
seriously, you'll have great fun. I wish I was going with!

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2009, 10:24:33 PM »
Dunno if I'm just beat, beat down or really lame but I'm calling it a night folks.

I wish everyone a better tomorrow!  :cheersmate:

- Ayn Rand

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2009, 10:48:04 PM »
Yes maybe it is letdown from Vacay.

And you wanna know what else?  I am going skiing with some friends next week and I DON'T SKI!

What the HELL did I get myself into???? :thatsright:

:uhsure:

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Re: it's the WE HAPPY HOUR thread from hell!
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2009, 11:10:52 PM »
Going to bed and having sex.

Might even wake the wife up.

:evillaugh:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Wretched Excess

Re: it's the WE HAPPY HOUR thread from hell!
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2009, 11:46:28 PM »
Going to bed and having sex.

Might even wake the wife up.

:evillaugh:

only if you snore, ****er. :whatever:

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2009, 08:49:03 AM »
Oh I love to go skiing! You'll enjoy it. If you've never been before, just be sure to invest in at least a half day
lesson right at the start. You'll be really glad you did. They teach you to get on and off the lift without falling
(embarrasing when they shut the whole lift down just to pick you up off the ground) and also how to stop
yourself from uncontrolled slides all the way down the mountain. Those are kinda good things to know. But
seriously, you'll have great fun. I wish I was going with!

Yes!  I am doing lessons for SURE!  It will probably be fun.  It turned from being 4 of us to being 6 of us.   :whatever:   But it will be fun and it will be nice to escape the man for four days.  LOL  I think I am looking forward to the spa treatments more than anything else.  :-)

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2009, 12:39:25 PM »
Yes!  I am doing lessons for SURE!  It will probably be fun.  It turned from being 4 of us to being 6 of us.   :whatever:   But it will be fun and it will be nice to escape the man for four days.  LOL  I think I am looking forward to the spa treatments more than anything else.  :-)

You'll have a blast. Invest in the lessons or you might get frustrated. Stay away from anything other than the "bunny" hill IE: no blue squares or especially, black diamond marked runs. You'll spend more time skiing than trying to figure out how the hell to get off the hill your'e on.
I skiied for many years (got up to C-D level/ parallel/ running moguls) and never had so much fun in my life. Now here in Cali, it's become far too expensive to even bother anymore.  :(
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.