Author Topic: YES! Yet again, it's the WE happy hour thread for Jan 16!  (Read 21277 times)

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
Re: YES! Yet again, it's the WE happy hour thread for Jan 16!
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2009, 08:56:29 PM »

Great minds think alike.  :wink:

Why yes they do.

You little happening at work reminded me of a little hot water an IT guy got into because I sent him an email and conveniently CC's all his superiors, including one of the partners of the company.   :evillaugh:  That's what happens when you lie to me and then try to use another client as the blame for why you didn't get your shit done on time.  :-) Doing it all in email where I have documentation is just plain stupid.
Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic.

Sometimes I aim to please, but mostly I just shoot to kill.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2009, 08:57:52 PM »
Why yes they do.

You little happening at work reminded me of a little hot water an IT guy got into because I sent him an email and conveniently CC's all his superiors, including one of the partners of the company.   :evillaugh:  That's what happens when you lie to me and then try to use another client as the blame for why you didn't get your shit done on time.  :-) Doing it all in email where I have documentation is just plain stupid.

not all IT guys are dicks.  jus' sayin' :uhsure:

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2009, 08:57:58 PM »
You can check the record on this... I don't go into the baseball threads as a rule and bitch about how I don't care for baseball. Also, I watch the playoffs but come on, it's playoffs. (I've even been known to watch the playoffs for farking hockey) Playoffs!

For me it's:
College Football
NFL
College Basketball
NBA
Womens beach vollyball
NASCAR
U.S.A. in the olympics
then, playoffs for everything else

Just saying

Add rugby and MMA in there for me and that's my line up.  Why do I always get looks when I am watching sports center while working out on the treadmill?

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2009, 09:00:01 PM »

Nope...I agree.  Just the ones that live in Utah and walk around with a PS2 controller stuck up their ass thinking that NO ONE in the WORLD is as nearly as intelligent as they.  Can you tell I have had more than one dealing with this guy?

And, FTR...there is this KICK ASS IT guy that used to work for a company out here called Cerner.  He works for our biggest client and he is building a killer system for our foundation and he has a heart of gold and is extremely professional.   :-*

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2009, 09:00:16 PM »
Why yes they do.

You little happening at work reminded me of a little hot water an IT guy got into because I sent him an email and conveniently CC's all his superiors, including one of the partners of the company.   :evillaugh:  That's what happens when you lie to me and then try to use another client as the blame for why you didn't get your shit done on time.  :-) Doing it all in email where I have documentation is just plain stupid.

Of course.  My boss won't admit to the GM that she told me something she shouldn't have.  I assume the vindictive bitch said I was eavesdropping (which I don't do, she even said "possibly when the door was closed I heard something.  Um, if you're door is closed how the hell would I hear something especially since it's all glass so you'd see me listening in).  That's why when she had her little "talk" with me yesterday, she was still nice and didn't mention what it was exactly but I figured it out.  She screwed up by telling me something I didn't need to know, but I thought it was no big deal.  *shrug*  Oh well.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2009, 09:01:12 PM »
Add rugby and MMA in there for me and that's my line up.  Why do I always get looks when I am watching sports center while working out on the treadmill?

What the hey!  He totally mention hockey in passing, hockey is awesome.  :)
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2009, 09:01:54 PM »

I have yet to meet one that's not a dick.   :uhsure:
Stink Eye

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2009, 09:02:11 PM »
I know.  we used to hang out at ToS during football season, and I enjoyed reading your insights.

:-)

Just so long as you never followed my betting advice or predictions then I think we are golden!  :lmao:

Nothing wrong with baseball btw. To my taste it's just a bit like golf. (fun to play, hard to watch*)

*the exception to the rule being, seeing a live game. But that I think of as beer and hot dogs with a few tousand friends.

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2009, 09:04:57 PM »
You can check the record on this... I don't go into the baseball threads as a rule and bitch about how I don't care for baseball. Also, I watch the playoffs but come on, it's playoffs. (I've even been known to watch the playoffs for farking hockey) Playoffs!

For me it's:
College Football
NFL
College Basketball
NBA
Womens beach vollyball
NASCAR
U.S.A. in the olympics
then, playoffs for everything else

Just saying

farking hockey? farking hockey? Sacre Bleu!
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2009, 09:05:40 PM »

I am a dickless analyst.....
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2009, 09:06:33 PM »
Just so long as you never followed my betting advice or predictions then I think we are golden!  :lmao:

Nothing wrong with baseball btw. To my taste it's just a bit like golf. (fun to play, hard to watch*)

*the exception to the rule being, seeing a live game. But that I think of as beer and hot dogs with a few tousand friends.

You sound like my Grandpa Harry.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2009, 09:06:54 PM »
I am a dickless analyst.....

:rofl:  So, you're definitly not a dick.  :)
Stink Eye

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2009, 09:08:49 PM »

:rofl:  So, you're definitly not a dick.  :)

hee hee... I guess I felt the need to define myself.  :-)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2009, 09:09:57 PM »

I don't think it is possible to define you.   :p

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2009, 09:10:16 PM »
Of course.  My boss won't admit to the GM that she told me something she shouldn't have.  I assume the vindictive bitch said I was eavesdropping (which I don't do, she even said "possibly when the door was closed I heard something.  Um, if you're door is closed how the hell would I hear something especially since it's all glass so you'd see me listening in).  That's why when she had her little "talk" with me yesterday, she was still nice and didn't mention what it was exactly but I figured it out.  She screwed up by telling me something I didn't need to know, but I thought it was no big deal.  *shrug*  Oh well.

Women can be so petty and vindictive in the work place.   Bottom line is, she probably got reamed and it doesn't matter what you said.  It is the fact that SHE divulged information she wasn't supposed to.  Of course she has to be mad at you.  You are the one that exposed her loose lips.  HAHA!

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2009, 09:10:33 PM »
farking hockey? farking hockey? Sacre Bleu!

We ALL love ya Schade, but you don't win a "being manly" contest by "going French". (no matter how sweet your butt is) :uhsure:

What are you up too this WE happy hour?
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2009, 09:11:28 PM »
I don't think it is possible to define you.   :p

Oh there you are, I was thinking the same thing about you. I just watched Mall Cop, it had its moments, but was a little bit silly for my taste.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2009, 09:12:46 PM »
You sound like my Grandpa Harry.

So like you woman. I get a little drunk and you start taking advantage of me.  :rotf:

- Ayn Rand

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2009, 09:14:09 PM »
Women can be so petty and vindictive in the work place.   Bottom line is, she probably got reamed and it doesn't matter what you said.  It is the fact that SHE divulged information she wasn't supposed to.  Of course she has to be mad at you.  You are the one that exposed her loose lips.  HAHA!

She's a vindictive bitch to a tee.  *shrug*  If she had said "Don't tell anyone that the service dept closed out $10,000 to the new car sales dept" then I wouldn't have told anyone.  LOL
Stink Eye

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2009, 09:14:40 PM »

You're undefinable and indescribable. 
Stink Eye

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2009, 09:15:07 PM »
Oh there you are, I was thinking the same thing about you. I just watched Mall Cop, it had its moments, but was a little bit silly for my taste.

Watching Mall Cop made you think of me?

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2009, 09:15:28 PM »

:rofl: I have people skills, dammit.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2009, 09:16:35 PM »
We ALL love ya Schade, but you don't win a "being manly" contest by "going French". (no matter how sweet your butt is) :uhsure:

What are you up too this WE happy hour?

I have fierce competition, I always have to up the ante. 
I am actually being a slave tonight. Not the fun kind either (like Mia's slave).  :lmao:

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2009, 09:16:51 PM »
:rofl: I have people skills, dammit.

LOL!  You're the one that I haven't met.  :)
Stink Eye

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2009, 09:17:55 PM »
Watching Mall Cop made you think of me?

No, that was just many unrelated thoughts strung together!