Author Topic: Christmas Day!!! What did Santa Bring Ya?  (Read 10566 times)

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: Christmas Day!!! What did Santa Bring Ya?
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2008, 09:35:25 PM »
Yep.  That's who I sort of feel like right now. :p

But Scrooge did give me Dec 30 through Jan 2 off to go back to Atlanta, so I'll suffer these next few days to get my reward.  :cheersmate:

A four day weekend!  Oh noes!  :bawl:

Seriously.  I was lucky to get today off.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2008, 09:37:49 PM »
A four day weekend!  Oh noes!  :bawl:

Seriously.  I was lucky to get today off.

I should have made it clear I was being sarcastic when I mentioned that I would "suffer."   :p   It's not a big deal to me.  I've worked 8 days in a row once. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2008, 09:38:11 PM »
Yep.  That's who I sort of feel like right now. :p

But Scrooge did give me Dec 30 through Jan 2 off to go back to Atlanta, so I'll suffer these next few days to get my reward.  :cheersmate:

Tell me spirit -- if I give her a few days, will Tiny Tim live?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2008, 09:39:07 PM »
I should have made it clear I was being sarcastic when I mentioned that I would "suffer."   :p   It's not a big deal to me.  I've worked 8 days in a row once. 

:lmao: Stop it.  Yer killin' me.

My longest stretch was 37.  The pay was pretty sweet.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2008, 09:40:42 PM »

Tell me spirit -- if I give her a few days, will Tiny Tim live?

:lmao:  

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2008, 09:41:14 PM »
Okay, I'm out.  I have another early day tomorrow.  I'll be back in about 24 hours.  :popcorn:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2008, 09:43:24 PM »
:lmao: Stop it.  Yer killin' me.

My longest stretch was 37.  The pay was pretty sweet.

:o  I'm sure it was.  

8 days was ridiculous, but I also got paid well.  But these days, given my health, I can't work like that anymore.  I have to have my off days spread out.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2008, 01:19:20 AM »
Ditto. No gift exchange this year between me and Mrs. E. We spent a pile of money getting this house outfitted. That's enough.

Nice house!!!

Santa brought me a phone dock/charging station, a new jacket, some stuff from Trader Joe's...and my secret Santa from work brought me a tie with my picture all over it....

Went out to lunch, and then did a little gambling, followed up by watching a couple of movies.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2008, 01:24:45 AM »
Oh, I dunno, I got the usual standard stuff.

Including yet another annual subscription to the Reader's Digest, from a nephew and his wife.  It's not really my thing, but they've always heard me complain about the Reader's Digest creating new ailments, new diseases, that never before existed in all the history of mankind, and so it's probably a gag gift.

The neighbor brought over 7 20-pound bags of cat-litter.

A padded jacket from a certain woman, which fits but is useless, because I don't wear heavy clothing.  I thanked her anyway, profusely.

Lots of homemade cookies, from various people.

A $70 gift certificate to be applied against the purchase of a revolver, from the old guy across the river here.

A round roast of beef, circa 8 pounds, for the cats, from a little old lady in town.

Four pairs of gloves, ranging from expensive leather to a $1.19 pair, from the ancient elderly gentleman who used to mow the lawn here, and his wife, but alas useless because I don't do gloves.  I thanked them anyway, profusely.

A gift certificate for $25 from the local bar-diner, from the town inebriate who now mows the lawn here; I was touched, because apparently the business doesn't do gift certificates, and so the owner of the place hand-wrote it for me, on the back of a page from a calendar.

Photographs of the infant daughters of the nephews and nieces-in-law.

The oldest nephew got me a new tower and hard-drive, which I've already talked about, but as he's far away and to come here means a considerable detour, we'll see when that gets here.  The conditions of weather and the roads puts a damper on travel here.

The soil scientist who's still analyzing the William Rivers Pitt gave me a china commemorative plate of Clare Booth Luce.

There's other stuff, but as I immediately put them away and send off a "thank you" note, I forget after a few days.

Frank, it sounds like you had a good Christmas.

You can always keep the heavy jacket and gloves in the trunk of the automobile, in case you have to walk in the cold.

Offline Flame

« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2008, 08:18:39 AM »
Hey everyone...sounds like you all had a good Christmas!  I didn't touch the computer or watch TV all day...just hung out with my family.  Had a great day!

Had a good day, gift-wise, as well.  Mr Flame bought me a necklace (unusual for him!) that I love, and he also got me a food processor, which I've been saying I wanted.  He loaded my stocking with chocolates and cappacinos, too.  Kids got me a sound machine/alarm clock, some Bath and Body work lotions and some socks and gloves (that I had requested).

Kids got a Guitar Hero game...we all played from 10 yesterday morning til almost 6 last night, rotating and taking turns and breaks at various times.  Its fun though.

The money from grandma and grandpa was a big hit...$100 in samller donominations, individually placed in small gift bags, which were then placed in a big one.  Was a riot watching them open it all.

Anyway, all in all it was a great day!

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2008, 07:02:21 PM »
Well I didn't get much but what I did I can use. I got a new black down filled coat from Bass Proshop as well as a Black fleece shirt or jacket and hunting socks(?) .Got a DVD of I,Robot and a Gift Card from the boss and I got a cup that heats up when you plug it into the lighter in the car. I also got a box ofcandy from one of the companies that we do security for which was nice seeing as how Warren Buffett owns both companies. Not to bad of a Christmas this year.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2008, 07:51:03 PM »
Santa brought me jack and shit yesterday, and he left jack in the sleigh.  I spent the day alone... my family is hither and yon, and I was kinda unhappy about being by myself.  I don't need anything (okay, I wouldn't mind getting a BMW for Christmas) but it would have been nice to have somebody around.  Yakking on the phone isn't the same, so I left it turned off and didn't pick it up.  At least I have my CC friends.  :-*

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2008, 09:14:37 PM »
Santa brought me jack and shit yesterday, and he left jack in the sleigh.  I spent the day alone... my family is hither and yon, and I was kinda unhappy about being by myself.  I don't need anything (okay, I wouldn't mind getting a BMW for Christmas) but it would have been nice to have somebody around.  Yakking on the phone isn't the same, so I left it turned off and didn't pick it up.  At least I have my CC friends.  :-*

I got into a fight with my brother right before christmas dinner.  He is the type that always criticizes me...I just wasn't going to take it on Christmas Day when I spent the entire morning preparing a nice dinner for everyone.
Well, he didn't speak to anyone at the dinner table nor did he speak the rest of the day.  BTW, he's nearly 40, not a teenager. 
No "thank you", not even a "dinner sucked" when he left.

Christmas alone would have been better than my Christmas. 

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2008, 09:19:17 PM »
I got into a fight with my brother right before christmas dinner.  He is the type that always criticizes me...I just wasn't going to take it on Christmas Day when I spent the entire morning preparing a nice dinner for everyone.
Well, he didn't speak to anyone at the dinner table nor did he speak the rest of the day.  BTW, he's nearly 40, not a teenager. 
No "thank you", not even a "dinner sucked" when he left.

Christmas alone would have been better than my Christmas. 

Next year you can come and have seafood gumbo with me and my drunken mom.   :-)
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2008, 09:21:13 PM »
Next year you can come and have seafood gumbo with me and my drunken mom.   :-)

:rofl: I made paella to go with my steak.  It was super tasty.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2008, 09:22:06 PM »
:rofl: I made paella to go with my steak.  It was super tasty.

My mom has a paella pan and has only used it once.  I should totally steal it from her. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2008, 09:25:11 PM »
My mom has a paella pan and has only used it once.  I should totally steal it from her. 

I've seen those... they're extra-wide, flat saucepans?  I use my regular cast-iron pan.  I still cook everything seperately.  I did the chorizo and the shrimp because they cook in the same amount of time.  Did the rice and dumped everything into that pot after it was done.

I used some saffron Goya rice I picked up in the Mexican section at WalMart.  It was pretty good.  The seasoning packet came with dehydrated green peppers.  Better than my usual white rice.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #67 on: December 26, 2008, 09:27:38 PM »
I've seen those... they're extra-wide, flat saucepans?  I use my regular cast-iron pan.  I still cook everything seperately.  I did the chorizo and the shrimp because they cook in the same amount of time.  Did the rice and dumped everything into that pot after it was done.

I used some saffron Goya rice I picked up in the Mexican section at WalMart.  It was pretty good.  The seasoning packet came with dehydrated green peppers.  Better than my usual white rice.

Yeah, it's this big wide pan and you can then throw it in the oven. 
Stink Eye

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: December 26, 2008, 09:31:13 PM »
Yeah, it's this big wide pan and you can then throw it in the oven. 

There was some travel show to Puerto Rico or somewhere similar that had footage of a street vendor using an enormous paella pan over an open fire.  He used pork, whole crawfish, shrimp and beef along with the rice.  It looked really good and probably tasted better than mine.  But I do love my chorizo.  You can't beat it.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #69 on: December 26, 2008, 09:36:48 PM »
There was some travel show to Puerto Rico or somewhere similar that had footage of a street vendor using an enormous paella pan over an open fire.  He used pork, whole crawfish, shrimp and beef along with the rice.  It looked really good and probably tasted better than mine.  But I do love my chorizo.  You can't beat it.

I think my mom made it with shrimp.  It was quite a while ago.  I totally need to get that pan.  LOL
Stink Eye

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #70 on: December 26, 2008, 10:04:27 PM »

You need to get a cat my friend. :)

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: December 26, 2008, 10:05:22 PM »
You need to get a cat my friend. :)

I'm allergic.

I would like a nice puppy, but I've never had to housebreak a pet before.

Offline asdf2231

« Reply #72 on: December 26, 2008, 10:12:05 PM »
I'm allergic.

I would like a nice puppy, but I've never had to housebreak a pet before.

The hypoallergenic cats are pretty cool.

The breed has good temperment.

They look slightly satanic but they are on the whole pretty dear animals.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: December 26, 2008, 10:16:34 PM »
Eww :-)

Rebel's Bella is pregnant again.  I would like to adopt one.  They are beautiful dogs, but I don't know if I can manage it.  Can I pay someone to housebreak a dog for me?

Offline asdf2231

« Reply #74 on: December 26, 2008, 10:18:32 PM »
Eww :-)

Rebel's Bella is pregnant again.  I would like to adopt one.  They are beautiful dogs, but I don't know if I can manage it.  Can I pay someone to housebreak a dog for me?

It's actually remarkably easy to do.  Unless you get an absolute bonehead of a dog, which has been known to happen.