Author Topic: Christmas Day!!! What did Santa Bring Ya?  (Read 10565 times)

Offline Miss Mia

Re: Christmas Day!!! What did Santa Bring Ya?
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2008, 05:52:43 PM »
Those Asian markets are great.  The seafood is so fresh, some of it is still moving!

Yeah, this was 9-12 count/lb too!  Big suckers.  The heads were still on, but at that price I'll deal with shrimp heads.  She said they also had great prices on beef, chicken and poultry.  And the upside, is that they had all the signs written in English too.  I go to a Fiesta sometimes, but they don't always have it written out in English and I don't know much Spanish. 

I'm definitely going to check out that Asian market for meat in the future. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2008, 05:55:25 PM »
The "World Market" down the street has great deals like that.  Those shrimp heads are sharp -- watch out! 

That mercado always smells like pissy hay.  I have no idea why.  I still haven't gotten around to making malanga chips like I used to  I don't do a whole lot of cooking anymore.  I did replace the light bulbs in my kitchen today.  I can see now!  It's like having a new kitchen.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2008, 05:56:25 PM »
The bonus, my mom bought the seafood at this Asian market near my house.  They had fresh gulf shrimp for $3.99/lb!  I now have a new place to shop for meat at.  :)

Singles bars just not doin' it for ya anymore, eh?

;)

*runs*
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2008, 06:00:52 PM »
The "World Market" down the street has great deals like that.  Those shrimp heads are sharp -- watch out! 

That mercado always smells like pissy hay.  I have no idea why.  I still haven't gotten around to making malanga chips like I used to  I don't do a whole lot of cooking anymore.  I did replace the light bulbs in my kitchen today.  I can see now!  It's like having a new kitchen.

They also had lump crab meat for $5.99/lb.  That's at least half price of what I'd normally pay.  :)
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2008, 06:01:29 PM »
Singles bars just not doin' it for ya anymore, eh?

;)

*runs*

:asssmack:
Stink Eye

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2008, 06:15:12 PM »
Nothing says Christmas like lottery tickets :-)
And cigarettes, don't forget cigarettes.  :uhsure: :-)

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2008, 06:16:12 PM »
Dinner is awesome so far, meaning that I haven't f*cked anything up.

I'm actually looking forward to leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2008, 06:59:56 PM »
I got a 16GB iPhone (White).  I didn't want one but got one anyway from my husband.  I am officially glad I have one.  I have been playing with it all day. 

I got new door knobs for my whole house.  I didn't actually get the knobs yet, they are ordered.  We have the lever type and they are a POS.  Half of them hang a few degrees lower than they should (think of the big hand of a clock, it should be at a quarter after but it is at about 20-25 after).  My husband has tried to fix several of them before but they don't "fix".  For the record, that is 35 knobs.   :uhsure:

I also got a new set of flatware from my parents (for me and my husband), my husband and I picked them out a couple of months ago (we have had our oig. flatware since we got married 22 years ago  :o ), some PJ's and a few other things from them as well.  Oh...I got a Lucky zip up sweatshirt from my Mom too.  I got a very sentimental framed picture from my brother.  It has a picture of me when I was 4 days old, both of my brothers are sitting in the chair together holding me, in the lower left hand corner there is another picture of my Mom, my Dad, me (i'm about 4) and my brothers sitting on a couch.  The background of the two pictures has some sort of scrapbook type background.  It is really nice and I loved it.  I really miss my other brother though and everywhere I turned I was reminded of him.   :(

My brother was really thoughtful this christmas.  He collects old cameras and he gave my son several of his with old books about photography (my son is really into photography).  My son was thrilled.  He gave my husband a reprinted "Original" 1953 Chevy Truck manual (he is rebuilding a '53 Chevy truck).  He gave him something else but I can't remember what it was.  He gave my oldest daughter a set of really nice paintbrushes (she is really into art) and some anime thing that I don't know what it was but she knew exactly what is was and was so excited (which meant he paid attention to what she likes).  He gave my youngest the whole set of Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom and a sock money.  He normally doesn't "think" this much when he gives gifts.  It was very thoughtful and everyone loved their presents.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 07:04:55 PM by BEG »

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2008, 07:02:34 PM »
Oh Dear God.

I think the four of us killed close to 3 & 1/2 pounds of prime rib.

I forgot that it was like protein crack to my wife, lol!!

The platter was at her end of the table and she kept nibbling at it and begging me to put away the left overs.  :lmao:

Dutch apple pie just hit the oven for laters.

We reorganized the DVD's today to make room for the incoming and get them back in alphabetical order so the Type-A's in the house don't lose their minds. :)  It turns out I have enough zombie flicks to constitute a "Zombie Section" in my wife's organizational universe. Pulled out about 15 or 18 to donate to the library.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2008, 07:02:35 PM »
Sounds like you had a good Christmas morning.  How is the day treating you? :)

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2008, 07:03:22 PM »
BEG, that sounds like a great Christmas Day.  
Stink Eye

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2008, 07:04:45 PM »
Oh Dear God.

I think the four of us killed close to 3 & 1/2 pounds of prime rib.

My cast-iron pan is heating right now... my steaks are on the way. Everything else is sitting in the oven staying warm. :yum:

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2008, 07:06:45 PM »
We reorganized the DVD's today to make room for the incoming and get them back in alphabetical order so the Type-A's in the house don't lose their minds. :) 

:rotf:  Hey, I resemble that remark.

I used to have all my books organized, but the shelving in this particular apartment stinks.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2008, 07:07:44 PM »
Sounds like you had a good Christmas morning.  How is the day treating you? :)

The day has been treating me pretty well except I feel like I'm trying to get sick.  I felt like it was starting last night then earlier today all I wanted to do was go to bed but I couldn't.  I took some DayQuil and I feel ok right now.  I hope I'm not really getting sick.   :censored:

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2008, 07:09:10 PM »
:rotf:  Hey, I resemble that remark.

I used to have all my books organized, but the shelving in this particular apartment stinks.

She was losing her mind because I had sequals organized with originals regardless of actual title.  And the box sets!  Oh Lord lets not go there!! :-)

I joke.  Things look great.

Unfortunatly we need to buy a new entertainment center to accomodate the new TV and it is going to require new DVD storage racks.  So we get to do this all again sometime soon.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2008, 07:11:34 PM »
She was losing her mind because I had sequals organized with originals regardless of actual title.  And the box sets!  Oh Lord lets not go there!! :-)

I joke.  Things look great.

That is completely acceptable.  I have my Star Wars/Star Trek/LOTR movies organized that way. :p

My CDs aren't organized at all.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2008, 07:12:59 PM »
That is completely acceptable.  I have my Star Wars/Star Trek/LOTR movies organized that way. :p

My CDs aren't organized at all.

That is why I can't collect DVD's, I would go mad.  I just order them from Blockbuster.   :p

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2008, 07:16:11 PM »
That is why I can't collect DVD's, I would go mad.  I just order them from Blockbuster.   :p

I'm getting to that point.  After most of my DVDs were stolen, I haven't bought any replacements.  I just use Redbox and NetFlix.  If I realy like it, I'll burn it to my computer.

Books are entirely different subject.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2008, 07:19:19 PM »
I'm getting to that point.  After most of my DVDs were stolen, I haven't bought any replacements.  I just use Redbox and NetFlix.  If I realy like it, I'll burn it to my computer.

Books are entirely different subject.

I have some sort of phobia, I never set foot in a library.  I don't know what it is but when I want a book I never think of going and just checking it out of the library.  I normally just give away a book after I've read it to friends or my Mom.  Only rarely do I ask for them back. 

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2008, 07:20:16 PM »
I always make sure to bring library books into the bathroom with me.

There, that should help. :)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2008, 07:20:49 PM »
I always make sure to bring library books into the bathroom with me.

There, that should help. :)

LOL :)

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2008, 07:21:49 PM »
Mmmm, dinner is almost ready. 

Offline Chris_

« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2008, 08:46:31 PM »
Okay, I'm back from Jax.  *sighs*  I got plenty of gifts, but not enough time with family.  I have to work 8-4 tomorrow.  :(
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2008, 09:27:52 PM »
Okay, I'm back from Jax.  *sighs*  I got plenty of gifts, but not enough time with family.  I have to work 8-4 tomorrow.  :(

Be all the earlier the day after, Cratchett

Offline Chris_

« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2008, 09:32:13 PM »

Be all the earlier the day after, Cratchett

Yep.  That's who I sort of feel like right now. :p

But Scrooge did give me Dec 30 through Jan 2 off to go back to Atlanta, so I'll suffer these next few days to get my reward.  :cheersmate: