Author Topic: Where are you from?  (Read 20153 times)

Offline Miss Mia

Re: Where are you from?
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2008, 08:10:58 PM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiizQk_3pLI[/youtube]

LA rocks.

LA may rock, but it wasn't blessed by God.  I win.  :)
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2008, 08:11:02 PM »
Born in Tacoma Washington (go Seahawks!), grade school in Altus Oklahoma (fark the Cowboys!), lived most of my life in Ohio (go Buckeyes!). That's Dayton/Columbus/Cincinnati, kinda dude.

Air Force brat. Didn't have to move too much. Whole family (both sides) are Indiana farmers and blue collar hero's. Dad left the AF after 20 years to fly for United Airlines. I'm a Mid-Western, Seattle pro-sports lovin' Buckeye and a Jack of few trades. My parents always told me I could do anything, and that is what I do. Trying to find my place in this world as a happy conservative/libertarian/Ayn Rand student Objectivist and bonafied anti-communist.

But ya'll knew all that.  :-)
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2008, 08:11:05 PM »
Yeah, earthquakes will do that.   :fuelfire: :rotf:

LA is a great place to be from.  it may not be the best place to live.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2008, 08:11:10 PM »

[youtube=425,350]EBPWwSL4Rmk[/youtube]

:wink:

Funny, but where do they go to get their music careers started? Tennef'nsee, baby!  :-)

I do like east Tennessee.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2008, 08:11:35 PM »
LA may rock, but it wasn't blessed by God.  I win.  :)

you texans. :whatever:

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2008, 08:12:23 PM »
Is this the nite thread?

:drunksailor:

Must be, I had to hit "post" 3 damn times before it went through on the last post because people had posted while I was posting.  :censored:

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2008, 08:13:38 PM »
you texans. :whatever:

And that's why you like me.

:-)
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2008, 08:14:00 PM »
Damn, this may be the "funnest" thread to ever end up in the Fight Club.  :lmao:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2008, 08:15:37 PM »
Damn, this may be the "funnest" thread to ever end up in the Fight Club.  :lmao:
Ok. let's talk about how only a d*mned yankee would put beans in chili and we're there.   :fuelfire: :rotf:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2008, 08:16:42 PM »
And that's why you like me.

:-)

that's only one of the reasons.  :wink:

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2008, 08:16:53 PM »
Ok. let's talk about how only a d*mned yankee would put beans in chili and we're there.   :fuelfire: :rotf:

My mom puts beans in her chili.  And she only "cooks" it for an hour.

Blasphemy, I tell you.  My chili simmers for at least eight hours.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2008, 08:17:27 PM »

I put beans in chili and the furthest north I've ever lived (in the states) was Walls, Mississippi, about 2 miles south of the Shelby County border (TN).

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2008, 08:17:45 PM »
they play that randy neuman song at dodger stadium if we win

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2008, 08:18:29 PM »
I put beans in chili and the furthest north I've ever lived (in the states) was Walls, Mississippi, about 2 miles south of the Shelby County border (TN).

southaven, MS.  I have been there.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2008, 08:19:02 PM »

So I guess you haven't heard it in several years.   :tongue:

*runs like H*ll*

:rotf:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2008, 08:19:21 PM »
Born in Tacoma Washington (go Seahawks!), grade school in Altus Oklahoma (fark the Cowboys!), lived most of my life in Ohio (go Buckeyes!). That's Dayton/Columbus/Cincinnati, kinda dude.

Air Force brat. Didn't have to move too much. Whole family (both sides) are Indiana farmers and blue collar hero's. Dad left the AF after 20 years to fly for United Airlines. I'm a Mid-Western, Seattle pro-sports lovin' Buckeye and a Jack of few trades. My parents always told me I could do anything, and that is what I do. Trying to find my place in this world as a happy conservative/libertarian/Ayn Rand student Objectivist and bonafied anti-communist.

But ya'll knew all that.  :-)

Have we met?  :p
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2008, 08:19:36 PM »

At least it doesn't happen often.   :-)

I'm not a Randy Neuman fan
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2008, 08:20:04 PM »
long beach.
I was born in Hollywood California, then moved to Lakewood and then Long Beach. In the service I was stationed in Japan, Korea and Okinawa as well as Missouri. My wife and I were living in Maryland until 2006 when we moved up here to Pennsylvania. Other than the winters, we enjoy PA just fine. I'm not in a hurry to return to So Cal.
WE, I went to Long Beach Polytechnic H.S., class of 1981. You?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2008, 08:21:50 PM »

Dunno how "Yankee" Cincinnati is but around here we put chili on spaghetti. (mmmm)

Just sayin'.  :-)
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2008, 08:21:54 PM »
I was born in Hollywood California, then moved to Lakewood and then Long Beach. In the service I was stationed in Japan, Korea and Okinawa as well as Missouri. My wife and I were living in Maryland until 2006 when we moved up here to Pennsylvania. Other than the winters, we enjoy PA just fine. I'm not in a hurry to return to So Cal.

it happened 90 times this season, pal.  :wink:

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2008, 08:22:42 PM »

southern miss, class of 87.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2008, 08:22:45 PM »

USMC?

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2008, 08:23:07 PM »
Ok. let's talk about how only a d*mned yankee would put beans in chili and we're there.   :fuelfire: :rotf:

You ever try the White chili with chicken and navy beans?

YUMMY!

:pokingpoop:

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2008, 08:23:23 PM »
southern miss, class of 87.

Damn you're old. I was in, like, 9th grade.  :-)

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2008, 08:24:02 PM »
I was born in Kansas, and lived the first 18 years of my life on my great-grandpa's farm.  After that, lived in Texas, Wyoming, Utah and Nebraska before coming back to Kansas.

I can honestly say that I'd prefer to live back in Wyoming over any other state.  I loved the lack of state income taxes, the low prices on everything, and the land and people.  

I have absolutely NO fond memories of Texas.  Ya'll can have that state.  Don't miss the food, the heat, or the dust.   :fuelfire:

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.