Author Topic: Where are you from?  (Read 20152 times)

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
Re: Where are you from?
« Reply #225 on: December 06, 2008, 10:51:16 AM »
I was born in Michigan City, IN. My family is mostly from here, Peoria IL, but my grandparents were from New York and Connecticut.

I've been to Michigan City.  It's not exactly safe after dark, right? 

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #226 on: December 06, 2008, 04:13:08 PM »

I keep telling you to come over to this part of the state.....we don't have the same kind of tornadoes.  :-)

We do have a symphony and lots of students to teach music......

and this side of the state is Republican.... :-)

There's a lot of moonbats in Johnson City now. ETSU has made it a liberal college town now.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline debk

« Reply #227 on: December 07, 2008, 09:42:25 AM »
Yeah, I know -- and I actually have family that live in Elizabethton - just south of Johnson City, I think.

Just one problem - I think it's too close to Dollywood.

:-)

Dollywood is over an hour away from my house depending on traffic...it could be more.  :hammer:

ETSU is expanding their Arts and Fine Arts programs and doing a lot with the Film/Animation department....which accounts for all the 'moonbats'... :mental:

Besides, it's prettier here than Jackson. We have mountains and lots of trees....Jackson is as flat as where you are now. You can get to Jackson in about 4-5 hours. :-)
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #228 on: December 07, 2008, 02:07:26 PM »

Dollywood is over an hour away from my house depending on traffic...it could be more.  :hammer:

ETSU is expanding their Arts and Fine Arts programs and doing a lot with the Film/Animation department....which accounts for all the 'moonbats'... :mental:

Besides, it's prettier here than Jackson. We have mountains and lots of trees....Jackson is as flat as where you are now. You can get to Jackson in about 4-5 hours. :-)

I've lived in so damned many places I don't much care anymore where we live, as long as the tax bite isn't excessive, the temps don't plunge to minus 20 in 30 mph winds, and they come get my garbage cans off my back porch when it's garbage day.

Can the garbage guys do that in your AO? If so, we may have a deal. But I gotta retire a final time first - maybe in 10 years or so.

:-)
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.