Author Topic: Manny's jackass primitives admit something Skins's primitives won't  (Read 932 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/its-worse-than-the-great-depression-one-in-six-prime-aged-men-has-no-job/

Oh my.

LiberalArkie    (1443 posts)    September 8, 2016 at 6:10 am

"It's Worse Than The Great Depression" – One In Six Prime-Aged Men Has No Job

While Obama has repeatedly touted the sub-5.0% unemployment rate (4.9% most recently) as confirmation his “economic recovery” has been successful, what has received far less media attention has been the unprecedented surge in Americans no longer in the labor force, which as of August stood at a near-record 94.4 million.

And while the traditional response by economic apolists and the media has been that this number is the result of a demographic change in US society, with mostly older workers no longer in the labor pool, we have over the years argued that that is misleading, and that millions of prime-aged workers have fallen out as a result of drastic changes to America’s job market, coupled with structural lack of demand for legacy jobs, which has – for example – sent the number of employed waiters and bartenders to all time highs even as the number of manufacturing workers is lower than it was in December 2014.

after which a chart

Snip

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-07/its-worse-great-depression-one-six-prime-aged-men-has-no-job

N2Doc     (821 posts)  (Reply to original post)    September 8, 2016 at 6:18 am

1. I also wonder about the so-called 'abundance' in job openings

I have a relative who is looking, and I swear 90% (at least) of the jobs posted out there are scams- ponzi schemes, train-for-high-fee ‘jobs’, etc. etc.

How many real jobs – where you actually work for a salary – are there? And how many pay 40 hours, even at minimum wage?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: Manny's jackass primitives admit something Skins's primitives won't
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 09:32:13 AM »
Welcome to Greece 2.0.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 09:37:44 AM »
Welcome to Greece 2.0.

I was thinking of something even before I found this thread.

Everybody's all upset and bent out of shape because the current Democrat candidate for president isn't grilled by the news media like her Republican opponent is.

I'm wondering if it might not have been better if the Big Zero in the White House had been asked some tough questions the past eight years.  I think the Big Dumbo needs to answer them.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 09:47:37 AM »
I was thinking of something even before I found this thread.

Everybody's all upset and bent out of shape because the current Democrat candidate for president isn't grilled by the news media like her Republican opponent is.

I'm wondering if it might not have been better if the Big Zero in the White House had been asked some tough questions the past eight years.  I think the Big Dumbo needs to answer them.

In a court of law.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 09:48:53 AM »
I'm surprised that one of the DUmbasses reads Zero Hedge, myself.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 08:05:48 AM »
I'm surprised that one of the DUmbasses reads Zero Hedge, myself.

I was thinking more "CAN read", but yea same thing I guess