Author Topic: MSNBC is not reporting casualties. There is a cover up...  (Read 633 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
MSNBC is not reporting casualties. There is a cover up...
« on: January 07, 2020, 10:19:28 PM »
Star Member berni_mccoy (21,431 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212850490

MSNBC is not reporting casualties.
I’ve seen reports via reporters on the ground calling as many as 20 US Military Casualties... but it is not being picked up by MSNBC and I don’t see it on CNN.

onenote (33,507 posts)

1. where are you seeing these reports? Who do these reporters work for?

Star Member PA Democrat (12,298 posts)

6. MSNBC reporter was quoting Iranian state media.

Probably propaganda.

Star Member berni_mccoy (21,431 posts)

7. Missiles confirmed to strike inside Green Zone.

That does not happen without casualties.

There is a cover up on Casualties at this point IMHO.

Not anywhere close to the 'Green Zone'...

Star Member bdamomma (53,917 posts)

4. We don't want a ****ing war. Shit. We went through this before.

Congress needs to do its job and get this POS out now.

Star Member Wounded Bear (32,503 posts)

9. Only casualty reports I've heard were Iranian claims...

They shouldn't be publishing those. I'm down with waiting until we get reliable reports.

Firebrand Gary (4,806 posts)

18. If there are American casualties, they will not be reported on until...

This criminal administration figures out a way to pivot.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
All is well! Missiles launched from Iran at two military bases located in Iraq. Assessment of casualties & damages taking place now. So far, so good! We have the most powerful and well equipped military anywhere in the world, by far! I will be making a statement tomorrow morning.

7:45 PM - Jan 7, 2020

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Re: MSNBC is not reporting casualties. There is a cover up...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 10:29:05 PM »
Two missiles were fired at Erbil's airport. One landed at the airport and was a dud and the other landed 20 miles to the west of the city in the middle of nowhere. Good job Iran. Way to look like idiots. No wonder the DUmbasses are your fans. You have so much in common.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 11:08:57 PM »
Two missiles were fired at Erbil's airport. One landed at the airport and was a dud and the other landed 20 miles to the west of the city in the middle of nowhere. Good job Iran. Way to look like idiots. No wonder the DUmbasses are your fans. You have so much in common.

True Story-

There we were...
It was my fourth (and my last as it turned out) tour in Iraq and we flew in last and got settled into our temporary billets. It was near dawn and the joes were stirring. I was up and had my morning constitutionals an was back on my bunk smoking  cigar. In the distance we heard the sounds of rockets. Some of my guys were new to the war and one asked, 'Sir? Is that incoming our outgoing?"
"Well," I said, "We don't have rockets." and just as I finished there was a loud crash just outside the billets. Joes wer diving under bunks, throwing on body armor, grabbing helmets... some were grabbing rifles, although I am not sure what they though they were going to do.
I got up and slowly made my way outside. About ten feet away from where my bunk was a large hole now lay in the ground- smoking. SSG Joe Smith (his real name) came up beside me. "Rocket?"
"Yup". EOD will be here shortly I suppose." I took another drag on the cigar. "Better cordon off the AO until they get here." SSG Smith went off to do such as my 1SG came swaggering out of the latrine. "Can't a guy take a mutha-fickin shit in this mutha-****ing country without some asshole trying to blow his ass up?" 1SG Johnson kinda thought he was Samuel L. Jackson... but he was from Ohio... and white.
"You OK, Top?"
"Yeah, I'm fine... but you better look after my 'son'. He's a bit shaken."
Top's 'son' was 1LT Johnson (no relation), one of my PLs. It was his first time in country. I waked over to the latrine and called in. "You OK, el-tee?"
Jr. (the guys called him Jr. behind his back... not just because of the name. The kid looked like he was 16 years old.) walked out, pretty white in the face and shaking a bit.
"Gawd-damn." He was a touch shaken. He stayed a touch shaken the entire tour after that. Pretty good guy in the firefight- just jumpy.

Those ****ers couldn't hit anything then. They can't hit anything now.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Online 67 Rover

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 07:52:36 AM »
Is it just me or do the DUmmies sound disappointed there were no casualties?
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 08:46:44 AM »
Is it just me or do the DUmmies sound disappointed there were no casualties?

that's my take on their reaction.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020