Author Topic: Pelosi demands briefing on U.S.-Iran strike  (Read 766 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Pelosi demands briefing on U.S.-Iran strike
« on: January 03, 2020, 01:35:09 PM »
Star Member Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (39,749 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212835664

Pelosi demands briefing on U.S.-Iran strike, Graham says he was informed beforehand

While House Speaker Nancy Pelosi demanded an immediate briefing on the U.S. airstrike that killed Iranian commander Qassem Soleimani, Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham said Friday that he was informed about the operation beforehand earlier this week while visiting President Donald Trump in Florida.

"I was briefed about the potential operation when I was down in Florida," Graham, who was spotted Monday playing golf with the president in West Palm Beach, told "Fox and Friends" Friday morning.

"I appreciate being brought into the orbit. I really appreciate President Trump letting the world know you cannot kill an American without impunity," Graham said. "We'll stand up for our people. And that is an absolutely essential message."

Pelosi is a member of the so-called "Gang of Eight," top congressional leaders who are traditionally informed of classified intelligence and national security matters. But she and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer were not notified beforehand. An aide to Pelosi told ABC News that Defense Secretary Mark Esper did call her afterward Thursday night.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/pelosi-demands-briefing-on-us-iran-strike-graham-says-he-was-informed-beforehand/ar-BBYABk7?li=BBnb7Kz

Yes we know Lindsey. Trump rewards those who kiss his fat bloated ass and he's replaced John McCain as the alpha male in your life.

More to the point- Trump knows Pelosi and Schumer would have warned the Iranians to hurt the President.

Star Member SWBTATTReg (8,735 posts)

1. So LG didn't think that the other side of the House and Senate representatives should deserve the...courtesy of a heads up, eh? Pathetic and shows what a failure he is, in communicating w/ the American public whom he claims he represents.

Hey... how about you release all the documents your side keeps hidden concerning the 'impeachment' interviews...

:bird:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: Pelosi demands briefing on U.S.-Iran strike
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 01:46:48 PM »
You know that Trump made them look bad when they're criticizing him for this.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 02:07:57 PM »
Once you say "We know he was a bad man and is responsible for having killed 100's and maybe 1000's of US military personnel, BUT.........", you've already lost the argument.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 02:10:49 PM »
Cue the Judge Smails line, "You'll get nothing and like it!"
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 02:11:22 PM »
Nanzi can put her demands in one hand and take her mid-morning shart in the other to see which gets fulfilled first.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2020, 02:18:21 PM »
Dems were not informed because they cannot be trusted not to leak. Shampeachment and #Resist have consequences.

As for Miss Nancy's demand, whatever the law requires, if anything, is what Trump should do. Show Miss Nancy and her Dem crew the same courtesy they have shown President Trump.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2020, 02:22:59 PM »
You know that Trump made them look bad when they're criticizing him for this.

THIS.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2020, 04:51:09 PM »
Once you say "We know he was a bad man and is responsible for having killed 100's and maybe 1000's of US military personnel, BUT.........", you've already lost the argument.

Same logic applies to having a conference-call before they decide what specifics to be outraged about.  Anything that follows sounds canned and counter-spontaneous.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2020, 05:02:36 PM »
Pelosi demands briefing on U.S.-Iran strike

Ahem.  NO!
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2020, 05:46:40 PM »
Here's the briefing for Madam Speaker: Bad guys from Iran came to Iraq. Bad guys got into car. Car went ka-blammo.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2020, 08:01:41 PM »
I believe that the AUMF under which this was done requires briefing/notification within 48 hours. But Pelosi did include one critical deception in her press release that I'm sure many/most DUpipo would not recognize and the MSM probably won't call out, She claimed Trump did this despite not having an AUMF for Iran. Since this happened in Iraq, an AUMF for Iran was not needed.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2020, 08:55:31 PM »

I'm quite amused by Jukin's use of the term 'Nanxi'.
  Well played Sir, even the Queen has approved of it.   :thumbs: :hi5:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2020, 11:51:47 AM »
Pelosi demands briefing on U.S.-Iran strike,

Just go one the interned nan you can read all about it. :bird:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2020, 12:09:19 PM »
Give the briefing.  Limit it to 'I have determined you cannot be trusted with time-sensitive national security information.'
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.