Author Topic: Broncos agree to trade Cutler to Chicago Bears  (Read 991 times)

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Broncos agree to trade Cutler to Chicago Bears
« on: April 02, 2009, 09:40:44 PM »
Broncos agree to trade Cutler to Chicago Bears

By ARNIE STAPLETON, AP Sports Writer
1 hour, 9 minutes ago

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP)—Jay Cutler got his wish Thursday: a ticket out of Denver. And the Chicago Bears have a franchise quarterback for the first time in decades.

The Broncos on Thursday traded their disgruntled Pro Bowl passer to the Bears, who’ve gone through a bevy of quarterbacks without much success ever since Jim McMahon was calling plays in the 1980s.

The Broncos get quarterback Kyle Orton in return, along with two first-round draft picks and a third-rounder.

The Broncos get the Bears’ top pick in this year’s draft, which is No. 18 overall, and Chicago’s first-round draft pick in 2010, along with a third-round selection this year (No. 84 overall). Denver also gave up a fifth-rounder this year.

Link

I thought the Redskins and Vikings were more of the front-runners for his contract.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Broncos agree to trade Cutler to Chicago Bears
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 01:08:36 AM »
Oh, poor dumb Jay.  I just wish I'd known about this a few months earlier so I could have put him in my Death Pool.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: Broncos agree to trade Cutler to Chicago Bears
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 01:19:14 AM »
of course the Skins have agitated thier QB by blatantly pursuing another.