Author Topic: 30 Years Of The IRA's Armed Struggle  (Read 14748 times)

Offline dmf777

• Probationary (Probie)
  • “Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one.”
30 Years Of The IRA's Armed Struggle
« on: June 01, 2015, 12:25:27 AM »
https://www.magnumphotos.com/C.aspx?VP3=SearchResult&ALID=29YL534EN0L3

Too many pictures to paste onto here, but there are some very good shots in there. Here are a few choice ones:

"Without education,your children can never really meet the challenges they will face. So it's very important to give children education and explain that they should play a role for their country."-Nelson Mandela

"There is nothing I fear more than waking up without a program that will help me bring a little happiness to those with no resources, those who are poor, illiterate, and ridden with terminal disease."-Nelson Mandela

"What I'm saying to you this morning is communism forgets that life is individual. Capitalism forgets that life is social. And the kingdom of brotherhood is found neither in the thesis of communism nor the antithesis of capitalism, but in a higher synthesis."-MLK JR

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Re: 30 Years Of The IRA's Armed Struggle
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 02:18:23 AM »
So you're supporting the Irish Republican Army?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline dmf777

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 02:29:32 AM »
So you're supporting the Irish Republican Army?

I believe the original one (from 1916) served a noble purpose. And I believe the IRA from "The Troubles" era was controversial, but still, I do find their cause to be just (though it depends on one's perspective of the matter).
"Without education,your children can never really meet the challenges they will face. So it's very important to give children education and explain that they should play a role for their country."-Nelson Mandela

"There is nothing I fear more than waking up without a program that will help me bring a little happiness to those with no resources, those who are poor, illiterate, and ridden with terminal disease."-Nelson Mandela

"What I'm saying to you this morning is communism forgets that life is individual. Capitalism forgets that life is social. And the kingdom of brotherhood is found neither in the thesis of communism nor the antithesis of capitalism, but in a higher synthesis."-MLK JR

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 02:34:06 AM »
I believe the original one (from 1916) served a noble purpose. And I believe the IRA from "The Troubles" era was controversial, but still, I do find their cause to be just (though it depends on one's perspective of the matter).
Not surprising you feel this way given your support for radical Islam.

What the rest of the world deems to be terrorists you champion as "freedom fighters"
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline dmf777

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 02:40:41 AM »
Not surprising you feel this way given your support for radical Islam.

What the rest of the world deems to be terrorists you champion as "freedom fighters"

I don't support ISIS, Al Qaeda, the Taliban etc. and I'm not sure if you are stupid or ill-informed...maybe both.

The IRA (from 1916) were freedom fighters, they fought against the British monarchy in Ireland, and sought Irish independence.
The Provisional IRA, sought total removal of the monarchy of the UK from the Irish island, and a unification of a sovereign Irish country. Both of which sound pretty reasonable, ask most Catholic patriots of the Republic of Ireland who were alive during the Troubles if you don't believe me.

ISIS seeks world domination and total indoctrination of Islam, as well as the death of all non-believers. Which I do not support.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 05:01:48 AM »
I don't support ISIS, Al Qaeda, the Taliban etc. and I'm not sure if you are stupid or ill-informed...maybe both.

I'm neither.  This is all based off of your words and attempts at moral equivalence

The IRA (from 1916) were freedom fighters, they fought against the British monarchy in Ireland, and sought Irish independence.
The Provisional IRA, sought total removal of the monarchy of the UK from the Irish island, and a unification of a sovereign Irish country. Both of which sound pretty reasonable, ask most Catholic patriots of the Republic of Ireland who were alive during the Troubles if you don't believe me.

I know what went on.  The bombings the kidnappings the terroristic means by which the IRA carried out a campaign of fear in Northern Ireland.

Theyr means for which they wanted to achieve their ends are no different than the taliban and how they are operating today.

ISIS seeks world domination and total indoctrination of Islam, as well as the death of all non-believers. Which I do not support.

Oh and by the way...the man who exemplified the God Standard of Conservatism in the U.S. none other than Ronald Reagan...supported Margaret Thacher in her efforts to stop the terrorist activity of the IRA.

Meanwhile every Irish Progressive in the House and Senate were holding pass the hat fundraisers for them in pubs from Boston to NYC....when they weren't busy flying to Managua to have photo ops with Daniel Ortega.

And yet you attempt to justify what they do by saying "well Christians and Jews have done it too".

The IRA seeks the death of anyone that doesn't support their cause....just like the Taliban and Daesh

You tried the equivalency card just a couple hours ago in the thread on Radical Islam with your stupid passage from Numbers.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 05:05:58 AM by txradioguy »

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 05:03:46 AM »
So...for those playing along at home so far our alleged "Christian Conservative":

Plays the moral equivalency card when it comes to Radical Islam.

Supports the actions of Mandela and the African National Congress

Defends the actions of the Irish Republican Army.

Doesn't sound very Christian or Conservative to me.

What's next?  A loving treatise on the oppression of the Palestinians by Israel?

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 07:31:19 AM »
Just read dmf's sig lines.
That about sums it up and tells anyone all they need to know about his ideology.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 09:08:16 AM »

Justify this, numb nuts:
May 29, 2014: The IRA set off a bomb in the lobby of the Everglades Hotel in Derry.
January 18, 2011 and October 13, 2011: The IRA set off two bombs at the Culture Office in Derry.
October 4, 2010: the IRA set off a bomb outside the Ulster Bank in Derry.
July 26, 2010: The IRA shot up a pub in Dublin.
August 29, 2009: The IRA planted an IED near a school in Armagh. The bomb was successfully defused.

How about this oldie but goodie:
August 27, 1979: Louis Lord Mountbatten, his two grandsons, and the boys' grandmother were killed.

They're all dead, and your "freedom fighters" did it.

Go on, justify it.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 10:31:51 AM »
^As Ted Knight would say..."Well, we're waiting".
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2015, 11:22:29 AM »

The IRA perfected the tactic of using car bombs.  I hope you and yours never become victims of this particular practice, your "perspective" notwithstanding.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2015, 11:23:53 AM »
So...for those playing along at home so far our alleged "Christian Conservative":

Plays the moral equivalency card when it comes to Radical Islam.

Supports the actions of Mandela and the African National Congress

Defends the actions of the Irish Republican Army.

Doesn't sound very Christian or Conservative to me.

What's next?  A loving treatise on the oppression of the Palestinians by Israel?

Like I said, this troll is here to mock Conservatism and Christianity.  In my own observation, it is nothing of which it claims and the sooner it is flushed, the better.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline dmf777

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2015, 03:26:34 PM »
Justify this, numb nuts:
May 29, 2014: The IRA set off a bomb in the lobby of the Everglades Hotel in Derry.
January 18, 2011 and October 13, 2011: The IRA set off two bombs at the Culture Office in Derry.
October 4, 2010: the IRA set off a bomb outside the Ulster Bank in Derry.
July 26, 2010: The IRA shot up a pub in Dublin.
August 29, 2009: The IRA planted an IED near a school in Armagh. The bomb was successfully defused.

How about this oldie but goodie:
August 27, 1979: Louis Lord Mountbatten, his two grandsons, and the boys' grandmother were killed.

They're all dead, and your "freedom fighters" did it.

Go on, justify it.

I suppose bringing up the countless victims of a nuclear holocaust wrought on the innocent Japanese civilians by America, or the massacre in Vietnam where over 300 civilians were shot or bayoneted to death in My Lai by America wouldn't sway you? 
Or the Gnadenhutten Massacre where 96 innocent Indians were scalped and killed, regardless of the fact they were peaceful and neutral in the current fight?
Freedom is never free, and civilians die in every war. I'm not justifying killing civilians, but just as we say when we defend Israel in it's fight against the Palestinians, collateral damage is impossible to avoid.
The Catholics were being pushed around and discriminated against by the British Protestants and they wanted the Queen out of Ireland. They did what they thought they had to do to achieve that goal and their freedom.
The IRA's armed campaign caused the deaths of approximately 1,800 people. The dead included around 1,100 members of the British security forces, and about 640 civilians.
Mountbatten was never seen as an ordinary civilian. The British never saw him as an ordinary civilian so why should the IRA? He was a member of the Royal Family, the family that sits at the head of British Government. Obviously if the IRA could assassinate him then this would be seen as a great coup. But unfortunately the events of the day led to the killing of innocent people and so his killing was celebrated like a success.
Also, the modern IRA I speak of is the one that is known as the PIRA (Provisional Irish Republican Army), who stopped pursuing violence and now pursues "purely political and democratic programmes through exclusively peaceful means." The IRA that continues killing and bombing today is, in my opinion, terrorism because there is no need for violence anymore as everyone has moved past the issues of the Troubles.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2015, 03:55:47 PM »
^You're either dense, obstinate, stupid, ignorant, or fully committed to the lib agenda.
Which is it ?

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2015, 05:04:43 PM »

Wow, I never knew a sheep could bleat so long without taking a breath. What was that, 750 words? I stopped reading when I saw the false moral equivalency in your first paragraph.

So, lets's try it again. I'll even spot you Mountbatten, just to make it easy for you. In 25 words or less, justify the murder of Mountbatten's grandsons and their elderly grandmother, and the bombing of schools , hotels, and tourism/culture offices. Bonus points if you can justify the Harrod's bombing of 1983.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.