Author Topic: Convention Speech Smack Down ... Who was meaner  (Read 906 times)

Offline MrsSmith

Convention Speech Smack Down ... Who was meaner
« on: September 05, 2008, 09:10:10 PM »
Convention Speech Smack Down
Who was meaner to the other guys, the Democrats or the Republicans?

By Chris Wilson
Posted Friday, Sept. 5, 2008, at 4:40 PM ET

Conventional wisdom holds that Democrats smile while Republicans attack—and that the speeches at the just-ended conventions reflect that. Yet the four major speeches of the last two weeks—those of Joe Biden, Barack Obama, Sarah Palin, and John McCain—paint nearly the opposite picture.

The Democratic ticket mentioned McCain far more often than Republicans mentioned Obama. Obama aimed far more barbs at McCain than McCain did at him. And both Biden and Obama paused for applause less often and spoke for less time (though much faster). Meanwhile, both Palin and McCain were careful not to mention the incumbent president's name—or that of his vice president—a single time.

>>>

Below is a chart of how the four candidates measure up, based on the transcripts of the speeches as delivered.

I've heard Obama quotes about how Palin and McCain said nothing about the economy or joblessness, just slammed him in their speeches, so I thought the chart was very interesting.   :-) :-) :-)

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Lord Undies

Re: Convention Speech Smack Down ... Who was meaner
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 10:15:21 PM »
It is an eye-opener.  Maybe people hear what they want to hear. 

Offline Jim

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 10:16:27 PM »
Did not see Biden but clearly Obama was relative to the GOP.

I mean, did you note McCain's direct statements relative Obama ?  He spent money on those congratulatory ads.

All BHO sould do was talka about failed this and disastrous that of Bush/McCain.  As a southern man the "class" nod goes to McCain 100%.  200% if it was possible.
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 10:38:29 PM »
Did not see Biden but clearly Obama was relative to the GOP.

I mean, did you note McCain's direct statements relative Obama ?  He spent money on those congratulatory ads.

All BHO sould do was talka about failed this and disastrous that of Bush/McCain.  As a southern man the "class" nod goes to McCain 100%.  200% if it was possible.

All the inspiration inside a liberal's speech is found in the "what ifs" which automatically implies the "what is" is broken, dismal, and wrong.  Their message is devoid of any positive foundation on which to build.  It's "Let's take this turd and make it into a bar of gold".   Only other liberal idiots and people who find freedom confusing are impressed with such unintellectual gooble-dee-goop.

On the other hand, the conservative message is "Let's thank God for what we have, try to preserve it, and expand for the better this wonderful design we call our nation". 

It is that simple.