Author Topic: Mark my word - that Tulsa rally will be a disaster  (Read 857 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Mark my word - that Tulsa rally will be a disaster
« on: June 17, 2020, 01:54:00 AM »
Star Member malaise (209,470 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213603708

That is all for now

:whatever:

Star Member CurtEastPoint (11,795 posts)

1. Oh, I agree. Both inside and I've a feeling that yes, even OK, will give them some shit outside!

The best thing would be if the left riots and tries to burn down the city.

sop (2,855 posts)

7. Unfortunately, like every Trump event that promises to be a train wreck of massive proportions, the entire Tulsa disaster will be covered live by every news organization, start to finish on prime time. They can't help themselves. The aftermath could prove to be Trump's undoing.

Star Member Cousin Dupree (1,505 posts)

14. I think it's going to be cancelled. Just a gut feeling.

NNadir (24,661 posts)

17. Everything involved with the racist Trump movement is a Trump disaster. Everything.

luvs2sing (707 posts)

18. I hope it is cancelled.

My friends in Tulsa are absolutely beside themselves that this is happening and happening so close to Greenwood. There is a lot of fear of what the trump crowd may decide to do.

:thatsright:

Star Member regnaD kciN (21,100 posts)

24. If it is, will we even know about it...?

If you're talking about it being a hotbed for COVID transmission...keep in mind that it will be a week or two before we start seeing cases turn up. And will anyone even be watching at that point?

The sad fact is, we've reached a point in the U.S. where it seems we've found the level of spread with which we're comfortable. Every day, we get between 18,000 and 25,000 new cases and several hundred new deaths (and, of course, a corresponding number of people "coming off the roles" due to either their aforementioned death or a full recovery). We're essentially flatlining at around the same number of current cases -- neither going up or down much -- but, let's face it, most people aren't being affected by this on a personal level. It's becoming as unreal as the Vietnam daily "body counts" back in the '60s -- sure, there was a pretty high number, but no one you or I know. And, until people have someone close to them (a parent, sibling, or child) fall seriously ill or die from it, it won't be anything more than a number that can be disregarded as we go about our business. Sad, but true...and probably the normal way people process a pandemic when there's nothing that can be done (especially sincethe powers that be don't care to enact exceptional measures to allow us to wait it out) except wait for a vaccine or cure to be developed.

Marie Marie (8,001 posts)

29. All of this shuffling around of dates and venues make me wonder if

the response for turn out was low. Or maybe it is just wishful thinking on my part.

Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale on Monday said they have received more than 1 million ticket requests for President Trump’s first campaign-style rally since the coronavirus lockdowns slated to take place Saturday.

“Over 1M ticket requests for the @realDonaldTrump #MAGA Rally in Tulsa on Saturday,” Parscale tweeted Monday, adding safety guidelines for the event.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-campaign-touts-1-million-ticket-requests-for-first-rally-since-outbreak-of-coronavirus

Star Member Hamlette (13,979 posts)

30. I predict it will not happen.

Not sure what his excuse will be but either it all happens out of doors or it doesn't happen at all.

Star Member ProfessorGAC (39,997 posts)

47. Outdoors!

Like the Nuremberg rallies in Triumph of the Will?
How appropriate.

You know.... like the NAZIs...  :whatever:

Star Member GulfCoast66 (8,919 posts)

58. I think most are missing the biggest way it will be a disaster for trump.

He will get up there with his hate, lies, brags and threats. We’ll get the obligatory ‘Lock her up’ chants and all the other shit we have all seen before. It was already losing it appeal last year.

But it is a totally different America than it was in February. Shit is seriously ****ed up and need real leadership. People are dying from a Pandemic. Racism is now considered a real problem by a good majority of the people. And over 20% of us are unemployed.

His hate rally will hasten the rats jumping the Reality Show his presidency has been.

Oh, and all the people that it will kill. Well, sucks to be a sucker.

:whatever:

Ahpook (2,048 posts)

64. I read he mentioned 900k showing up

to a place that holds 20k?

I mean, wtf is he talking about? How does anyone support this moron?

Star Member Generic Other (26,262 posts)

67. What if protestors show up in massive numbers?

Like they did in 2016 in Chicago. Trump canceled his event when that happened.

I suspect there are more willing to turn out to boo him than cheer him.

After the event was postponed, Green described the cancellation of the event as a "win," saying that "our whole purpose was to shut it down... we had to show him that our voice in civil rights was greater than his voice. The minority became the majority today." Mayor Rahm Emanuel praised the Chicago Police Department's work to restore order.

Trump blamed Sanders for the clashes in Chicago, insisting that the protesters were "Bernie's crowd" and that a protester who charged the stage at an event in Dayton, Ohio, the following day was a "Bernie person", calling on Sanders to "get your people in line." Sanders subsequently denounced Trump as a "pathological liar" who leads a "vicious movement", and said that "while I appreciate that we had supporters at Trump's rally in Chicago, our campaign did not organize the protests." Sanders blamed Trump for propagating "birther" conspiracy theories and for promoting "hatred and division against Latinos, Muslims, women and people with disabilities."

Conservative media described protest actions as an infringement on Trump's freedom of speech. National Review editor Rich Lowry called the protest an indefensible "mob action" and wrote that "the spectacle ... will probably only help" Trump, since he "thrives on polarization and has sought to turn up the temperature of his rallies with his notorious suggestions that protesters should get roughed up." Fox News host Jeanine Pirro characterized the protesters as "abject anarchists" who had infringed upon Trump's right to free speech by "responding to activist calls at #SHUTITDOWN."

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: Mark my word - that Tulsa rally will be a disaster
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 08:03:23 AM »

Somebody should do that! Maybe on July 4th and 11th, bump the thread and ask mal why her prediction failed.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 08:14:25 AM »
Oh my.

malaise, the infallible predictor who's always been right.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 11:58:25 AM »

I agree.  It will be a disaster.  For the biden campaign...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline hillneck

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 02:50:51 PM »

Disaster for you flea bitten little rodents known as the democRATs.   You know that with President Trump going out and having rally's, then ole Slo Joe will have to come out of the basement.  That will the real disaster for you guys.  When Slo Joe goes off script it's a never ending comedy show.  Besides malaise, you suck at predictions.   :loser:
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 02:58:34 PM »
Besides malaise, you suck at predictions.  :loser:

Man, does she ever.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2020, 09:55:20 AM »
DUmmies embracing violence AGAIN. They will crazy themselves out of power in 2020.