Author Topic: Terror Suspect Has Provided Intelligence, Officials Say  (Read 1792 times)

Offline thundley4

Terror Suspect Has Provided Intelligence, Officials Say
« on: February 02, 2010, 07:58:12 PM »
The suspect at the center of the attempted Christmas Day bombing of a U.S. airliner has been giving federal authorities valuable intelligence for weeks, NPR has learned.

Officials familiar with the case tell NPR that Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab has been naming names of people he knew had trained with al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula and has been helping authorities locate al-Qaida training centers he allegedly visited while he was in Yemen.

His information was at least partly responsible for the arrest of 10 people in Malaysia last week, officials said. Malaysian authorities rounded up a handful of students, including one Nigerian, who are thought to have been part of an al-Qaida cell.

Authorities wouldn't say how they were related to Abdulmutallab or provide additional details.
NPR
 :whatever:

This just strikes me as too convenient since there has been criticism of 0Bumblers handling of this case.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Terror Suspect Has Provided Intelligence, Officials Say
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 03:13:01 PM »
NPR

This just strikes me as too convenient since there has been criticism of 0Bumblers handling of this case.

And when you leak it to the media for political reasons.....it instantly becomes useless as intelligence.......

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 05:34:52 PM »
And when you leak it to the media for political reasons.....it instantly becomes useless as intelligence.......

doc

I guess it all depends on what you're USING the intelligence for.  If it was to slay baddies and use definition 1 of 'prosecute' in the war on terror (i.e. kill people and break things, or kill things and break people if the situation calls for it) then yeah, the intelligence just got spoiled big-time.

If however, the usefulness was based on how well it propped up the flailing administration of the Islamofascist in Chief and sufficiently muddy the waters where homeland security is concerned to squeeze a few extra points out of the "effin' retards" (Dim'Rat activists, according to Rahmbo Emmanuel) over the next few polling cycles, then it'll probably succeed brilliantly.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 07:54:01 PM »
I guess it all depends on what you're USING the intelligence for.  If it was to slay baddies and use definition 1 of 'prosecute' in the war on terror (i.e. kill people and break things, or kill things and break people if the situation calls for it) then yeah, the intelligence just got spoiled big-time.

If however, the usefulness was based on how well it propped up the flailing administration of the Islamofascist in Chief and sufficiently muddy the waters where homeland security is concerned to squeeze a few extra points out of the "effin' retards" (Dim'Rat activists, according to Rahmbo Emmanuel) over the next few polling cycles, then it'll probably succeed brilliantly.

True dat.....

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 07:59:13 PM »
NPR

Yeah....I heard this earlier today too.....

amazing isn't it?  ::)
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 08:15:09 PM »

Yeah....I heard this earlier today too.....

amazing isn't it?  ::)

The media seems to be eating it up, and now Holder has come out saying that it was his idea to go this route.