Author Topic: Pentagon Whitewash of Fort Hood.  (Read 1543 times)

Offline thundley4

Pentagon Whitewash of Fort Hood.
« on: January 19, 2010, 07:28:53 AM »
Pentagon Whitewash    [Bill Bennett]
There are devastating and important things happening in the news. Lest we forget, though: We are still in a war against Islamic Terrorism. And it still happens in America. November is not so far away that it deserves forgetting or whitewashing: An Arab terrorist named Nidal Hasan went to a health-care center, in a fort — at an Army base — in Texas, and opened fire killing 14 people while he shouted "Allahu Akbar." But you would not know this if you read the Pentagon Report on the massacre released Friday.

Titled, "Protecting the Force: Lessons from Fort Hood," this 80-plus page report mentions the words "Islam" and "Muslim" not once. Not once. It refers to Hasan as a "gunman." As Ralph Peters put it, the report is "not about what happened at Fort Hood." And "It avoids entirely the issue of why it happened."

You can read that "low self-esteem, depression, and anger are tied to many different types of violence" in the report. You can read about "workplace violence" and "disgruntled employees" in the report. You can read about "Motivations for domestic terrorism" such as "animal rights, "white supremacy," and "religious intolerance" thrown in on equal par among other factors that simply were not in play here in the report. And you can read the grand conclusion that "Religious fundamentalism alone is not a risk factor; most fundamentalist groups are not violent, and religious-based violence is not confined to members of fundamentalist groups."

But you would be reading a complete and total whitewash. You'd be reading a lie of a report. But that is what the Pentagon has produced.

Here was a situation where an Islamist reached out to Islamist imams like Anwar Awlaki who has worked with other terrorists, including 9/11 hijackers. Where he had a business card that read "Soldier of Allah," Where he yelled "Allahu Akbar" as he opened fire on fellow soldiers and Americans. Where he delivered a lecture and said "non-Muslims were infidels condemned to hell who should be set on fire." Where he told his neighbor the morning he set off on his rampage that "I'm going to do good work for God." Where he said his allegiance was "to sharia law" not "American law" when asked by his colleagues. Where his classmates said "no one would . . . have trusted him with anything."
NationalReviewOnline
PDF of the DoD report.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Pentagon Whitewash of Fort Hood.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 07:53:28 AM »
You have to be kidding me. I haven't read the entire thing but my blood is already boiling.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 01:55:14 PM »
The report also recommends that the SecDef review the need for a Defense Department policy on privately owned weapons.

Apparently it's not enough for the individual services, the installation commanders, and individual commanders to have their own policies.

Gotta have one from the SecDef too.  :whatever: 

Togo West, former Secretary of the Army, signed off on this POS report.

Where have I heard that name before?

Oh yeah.....

Trackacrat and Ft. Hood

And something else in the distant past....

Oh yeah.....

Clintonian and Clownian

Here we have a Washington insider who's been all up and down the Dem hallways looking for a gig, any gig. This guy's resume has him walking on water and to his credit, this particular POS did serve in uniform (many Dems, of course, do not).

But this guy couldn't blow his way out of a wet paper bag, despite his lofty creds.

:censored: asshat.

I'll let somebody else rail on about the retired Admiral that also signed off on the POS "review".
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline bkg

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 02:24:34 PM »
no surprise here...

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 03:34:18 PM »
I doubt you could find anyone in uniform that believes that what the "offocial" report says...is the real causes of what sent this radical Islamic Terrorist on his murdering spree.

God forbid the military have the stones to say that their own policies killed soldiers.

And the solutions won't do anything but push people to hid things that they saw in Hassan deeper into their reports for fear of some kind of retribution.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 08:59:56 AM »
With Togo's name attached to it, you should know from the get-go it'd be a Leftist blowjob.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 04:43:18 PM »
One of the reasons that I never used the exchange up in Minneapolis was because they did not allow ANY privately owned weapons on the base. In my opinion, a person is going to bring a weapon aboard a base if they want to. Are they going to stop every vehicle and search it?? Certainly NOT at "rush hour". The better thing would be to allow people that were qualified for a permit or license to carry to do so. Had some of those people been armed, they could have diminished the damage inflicted and possibly stopped it (less likely). Being able to return fire sure would make a criminal think twice I would think.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson