Author Topic: I have issues....  (Read 7666 times)

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
I have issues....
« on: March 05, 2012, 04:28:28 PM »
Of course that EVERYONE knows, right?  :whatever:

Seriously though.  I went to the dr. last week because I have had severe fatigue, major problems with ALWAYS being cold, super dry skin, I get dizzy REALLY easily, like almost every time I get up from sitting, I have trouble grasping items(dropping frequently), as well as spacial problems with going down stairs...I have to hold the hand rail.

At fist I just chalked it up to getting old, or being a freak.  LOL

My dr. drew blood.  Thyroid checks out.  Now she wants me to get a referral for a neurologist. 

I HATE process of elimination.  And what if everything comes back normal, I just feel like it is a ginormous waste of time.   :banghead:
Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic.

Sometimes I aim to please, but mostly I just shoot to kill.

Offline Zeus

Re: I have issues....
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 04:49:00 PM »
Blood Test to brain Dr. what your Dr. Looking for ?
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 06:52:11 PM »
Blood Test to brain Dr. what your Dr. Looking for ?

Well, first they drew blood for thyroid.  It checks out.

Now she wants me to see a neurologist so they can rule out MS.  I know that is a very i involved process and they can't even guarantee if they can tell some of the problems I'm having are related to something like that unless they can see some definite brain activity.  I just feel like it is a lot of money and tests to tell me that they don't' know what it is.  I have been dealing with many of these symptoms for the last 2 years and I seem to be able to just function.  I have had an increase in migraines in the last 6 months as well.   I just want to feel better. 

Offline Rugnuts

• (not a carpet layer)
  • (ಠ ›ಠ)
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 07:20:01 PM »
my wife was diagnosed with ms in 2002. the testing phase was bad. spinal tap being the worst part. then the diagnosis part was scary.  but knowing what the problem is way better than dealing with the unknown. for us MS was very scary because we didnt know anything about it. good news is there is a lot more for MS today than there was 10 to 20 years ago when there was virtually nothing to do for MS sufferers. we can tell the medicine is effective, which is reasuring. but we also know that any given day, our world can be thrown upside down. as i type this i cant believe its already been 10 years. 

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 07:53:38 PM »
Well, first they drew blood for thyroid.  It checks out.

Now she wants me to see a neurologist so they can rule out MS.  I know that is a very i involved process and they can't even guarantee if they can tell some of the problems I'm having are related to something like that unless they can see some definite brain activity.  I just feel like it is a lot of money and tests to tell me that they don't' know what it is.  I have been dealing with many of these symptoms for the last 2 years and I seem to be able to just function.  I have had an increase in migraines in the last 6 months as well.   I just want to feel better. 

Yikes Tess, that is what I was thinking when you were describing your symptoms. When is your neurologist appointment?

Offline CG6468

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 08:18:31 PM »
Please don't misunderstand me, but I'm getting older by the second, and seeing all of you younger people with the medical issues shocks me. I'm the one who should be posting things about MY health.

That, however, may begin within the next year...  :(
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 08:26:47 PM »
Please don't misunderstand me, but I'm getting older by the second, and seeing all of you younger people with the medical issues shocks me. I'm the one who should be posting things about MY health.

That, however, may begin within the next year...  :(

CC, I had a stroke at 27 because of my auto immune disease. It can happen to anyone at any age. My grandma on the other hand is 98 years old and only been hospitalized when she had her two children and had her gallbladder out about 40 years ago. She is a hypochondriac though, so she would tell you that she has had everything that anyone else has ever had.

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 09:06:56 PM »
Yikes Tess, that is what I was thinking when you were describing your symptoms. When is your neurologist appointment?

Waiting for referral.  thisisgoingtotakeforever. 

Offline CG6468

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 09:07:57 PM »
CC, I had a stroke at 27 because of my auto immune disease. It can happen to anyone at any age. My grandma on the other hand is 98 years old and only been hospitalized when she had her two children and had her gallbladder out about 40 years ago. She is a hypochondriac though, so she would tell you that she has had everything that anyone else has ever had.

I'm just so saddened by all the health problems of our members. Trust me, I have my own, but not bad enough to post about now, and I'm old enough to be your father and many of these folks' father or grandfather.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 09:13:11 PM »
Waiting for referral. thisisgoingtotakeforever.

I'm sorry to learn of your health problems, Tess. I had the same symptoms you do, but mine were caused by a poorly functioning liver failing to remove the small bit of anesthetic used for my cataract surgery. I was in the hospital for 2 days, because my wife found me holding the TV remote and the phone, and wondering how to use either one of them.

But at least I missed last February's blizzard in Chicago!  :panic:

I'm still having blood drawn to check ammonia level; if that gets high, it can cause you to go off the wall. I wasn't off the wall; I was on it, holding on to keep from falling.

Now the arthritis in my knees and back are the problems. Ouch, owww, groan......

Offline CG6468

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 09:17:06 PM »
I HATE process of elimination.  And what if everything comes back normal, I just feel like it is a ginormous waste of time.   :banghead:

It's not a waste of time to learn that nothing seems to be wrong. If you didn't go for the tests, you'd keep wondering, "Hmm. What if...."

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 09:29:58 PM »
I'm just so saddened by all the health problems of our members. Trust me, I have my own, but not bad enough to post about now, and I'm old enough to be your father and many of these folks' father or grandfather.

Are you my father...  :???:

:p

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 09:31:42 PM »
Waiting for referral.  thisisgoingtotakeforever. 

Take it seriously and go ASAP!

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 09:41:41 PM »
Tess I'm praying for you! I know how nerve racking tests and waiting can be.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2012, 09:42:06 PM »

:naughty:

You can call me daddy if you want too.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline CG6468

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 09:42:17 PM »

No, but I have been called a mutha.  :-)

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 10:00:16 PM »
You are right. Wondering and being frustrated hasn't been helping. Lol

Offline Zeus

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 10:46:05 PM »
I Kicked the ass of cancer with a less than 20% survival rate. Still got some issues arising from the chemo/Radiation lowering my auto immune system. So if I'm like my Grandfather and 1 or 2 other relatives who lived to be 100 plus 1 got about 50 yrs left.

That is of course if I don't kill myself first. When I plopped my self down in my bed this afternoon to catch a nap I was a wee bit closer to the head board than i thought ,rung by bell pretty good and almost went to sleep sooner than planed. :thatsright:

Tess I hope everything works out ok for you.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 04:36:42 AM »
Saying a prayer for you, Tess.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012, 09:37:49 AM »
Saying a prayer for you, Tess.

That makes two of us.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 10:39:14 AM »

Offline sondrab

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 10:45:56 AM »
Oh no, not my Tess!! :???: I'm sorry you are having these problems. My FIL has been having a lot of the same problems you are describing, after lots and lots of testing, MRI's, you name it. He ended up being diagnosed with diabetes. Dr. thought it was the strangest symptoms, but after watching his diet within two weeks he has started to feel a lot better. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us updated and stay on top of getting that appointment!!  

Offline Zeus

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 12:08:49 PM »
Oh no, not my Tess!! :???: I'm sorry you are having these problems. My FIL has been having a lot of the same problems you are describing, after lots and lots of testing, MRI's, you name it. He ended up being diagnosed with diabetes. Dr. thought it was the strangest symptoms, but after watching his diet within two weeks he has started to feel a lot better. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us updated and stay on top of getting that appointment!!  

That's a lot of testing just for a diabetes diagnosis. You FIL must have good insurance or a Dr. that doesn't know much or both.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2012, 12:30:43 PM »
I hope everything turns out to be you are just a freak.  No really, I hope they don't find anything wrong.

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline sondrab

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 12:35:49 PM »

That's a lot of testing just for a diabetesdiagnosis. You FIL must have good insurance or a Dr. that doesn't know much or both.

I think its a little of both plus the fact fil didn't want to admit to having diabetes. He thinks he has every illness he reads about, was convinced he had Meniere's disease or ms. I told him a joint a day would help, just kidding, but he actually asked his Dr about it. LOL