Author Topic: Lady Freedom, the college grad, has a $70 shortage- She has her ticket to AZ  (Read 4644 times)

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
"Pump and then pay" is okay if the clerk knows the customer, or if it's a vehicle with a company name painted on it, after which there's a whole lot of grey area where the clerk has to make his own judgement.
Same in my area.  The attendant at the place I go regularly waves at me from inside the store to let me know the pump is on (it does not have the 'pay at the pump' card swipe thing, one has to go inside to pay).  I've seen it happen for several other regulars, but usually the customer must make the trek inside to pay first, or let the attendant hold a credit card.)

This store only has two pumps.
This too shall pass.

Offline Aristotelian

You know, a marriage license is always a woman's best friend.

An interesting point in that vein, in England the marriage certificate is given to the woman not to the man - it is her property as it her claim on the man and that which is his.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Gas drive off after she ok'd a purchase but didn't write down license info. As a cop, that is my bet.

They still have drive-offs? 
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline thundley4

They still have drive-offs? 

The gas station I go to won't turn the pumps on after 5pm unless they know you as a regular customer. They don't have drive offs since they started doing that.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
I just last night drove past Joplin. I should have stopped in.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
Perhaps this is purely anecdotal -

But I realized that I haven't seen a gas station with a 'Pump First' policy in at least a decade. If this is true nationwide, I can't see how its possible for any of the 'mistakes' described to happen.

There are plenty of places that don't require pre-pay around here yet. 

Offline Karin

We are 100% pre-pay, or swipe at the pump.  No matter who you are.  There are also C-stores where they card you for beer and smokes no matter what.  It could be your own mother.  It could be an obviously 95 year old gent.  You could have produced the license 100 times before to the same clerk. 

(This is because in NY, if they catch you selling these to a minor, they will sieze your entire business). 

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole

<----------------------------------------------
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Tucker

More from the college grad.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1018468504

Fri Aug 30, 2013, 11:02 AM

Lady Freedom Returns (5,822 posts)

Well I have most of the debts paid,...
Will be getting one more paycheck to finish it off.

Will hand in my two week notice Sat. due to him taking a business trip the vacation. He will more than likely just dismiss me after I tell him but I won't worry about that now. That part is sorta out of my hands.

I places a post on Wishadoo to help with money for when I get there. I don't expect to have much from what checks from the job I might have.

I still need to get resume info updated.

I get my prepaid Debit card by mail soon so on the 4th I will need to go online and fill up my city bus pass for Tucson. Glad I kept it!

WOW!! So much to do! I am so happy!!!!!

I will be easy for her to get on welfare. The welfare dept. will know that it's incapable of maintaining steady employment due to a DUmb syndrome.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1018468478

Lady Freedom Returns (5,823 posts)    Fri Aug 30, 2013, 09:36 AM

I have a little dream..

My Dream at this point is to get back to Tucson (Oct. 5th that is going to happen), learn to drive, get back behind a studio camera, and get a nice Studio Apartment.

Is that to much to try for?

Lady Freedom Returns (5,823 posts)    Fri Aug 30, 2013, 10:43 AM

2. It will be a reach.

First I have to find a job that will give me a chance since I will have to Shelter jump. Then I can get a real mailing address so the T.V. Studios will at less look at me. I will be hard enough without my transcripts.

But In there somewhere I need to find someone willing to teach me how to drive.

Dad always used the excuses of how we could not afford it. Even when I had the money to pay for the gas he would use the insurance as the excuse. Could not afford it to go up due to me.

But I think Tucson does have a driving school...
apres moi, le deluge

Offline obumazombie

Tucson will need to broadcast an APB when Lady Freedom starts her driving lessons.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Tucker

2. It will be a reach.

First I have to find a job that will give me a chance since I will have to Shelter jump. Then I can get a real mailing address so the T.V. Studios will at less look at me. I will be hard enough without my transcripts.

But In there somewhere I need to find someone willing to teach me how to drive.

Dad always used the excuses of how we could not afford it. Even when I had the money to pay for the gas he would use the insurance as the excuse. Could not afford it to go up due to me.

Makes me glad that I live east of the Mississippi River.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all

Yeah, pretty sure they do. If not, you may need to commute to the driving school in Phoenix. Same state.

Which reminds me....whatever happened to rsmithnumbers?

I know he's pretty busy with his sophomore year in truck driving school, but the bouncies have dried up completely.

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
Just so I understand, there is a DUmmy, self-proclaimed college grad, over 30, who cannot drive and still blames this on Dad.

Was there no opportunity to learn while living with the love of her life prior to being kicked to the curb for poor house-keeping?  The love of life never taught her?  She had no friends/acquaintances who could have taught her?

Pitiful, really.
This too shall pass.

Offline jtyangel

Just so I understand, there is a DUmmy, self-proclaimed college grad, over 30, who cannot drive and still blames this on Dad.

Was there no opportunity to learn while living with the love of her life prior to being kicked to the curb for poor house-keeping?  The love of life never taught her?  She had no friends/acquaintances who could have taught her?

Pitiful, really.

I had a dad like that too so I empathize with her. That really is about control since one can have their license and still not drive the family car if that is the issue. Thing is I had a boyfriend in high school teach me. I went a couple months after my 18 th birthday when I no longer needed a parent to sign for me and my boyfriend who taught me kindly allowed me to use his vehicle for the driving test.  I really could not afford a reliable car until I was 23 but at least I had the card to my freedom when the time came. :) SHE allowed herself to stay desperate and reliant on others. She did that to herself.

Offline RobJohnson

True story.

There was a obese woman that was a janitor where I worked. She wore lace-up tennis shoes. She was always asking her male counterpart to tie her shoe. One day I asked her how she tied her shoes before coming to work. She told me that she was a foster mother and that she had her foster kids tie em.

At least the lady was working and providing a home for foster kids.

Offline RobJohnson

Gas drive off after she ok'd a purchase but didn't write down license info. As a cop, that is my bet.

I'm pretty sure she did not notice the gas drive off due to the cop jumping out of the bushes.  :-)

Offline obumazombie

I'm pretty sure she did not notice the gas drive off due to the cop jumping out of the bushes.  :-)
Gas and go !

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
I had a dad like that too so I empathize with her. That really is about control since one can have their license and still not drive the family car if that is the issue. Thing is I had a boyfriend in high school teach me. I went a couple months after my 18 th birthday when I no longer needed a parent to sign for me and my boyfriend who taught me kindly allowed me to use his vehicle for the driving test.  I really could not afford a reliable car until I was 23 but at least I had the card to my freedom when the time came. :) SHE allowed herself to stay desperate and reliant on others. She did that to herself.

I didn't get my license until I was 19. Truth be told, I didn't need it until then. My then girfriend got hers at 16 1/2 and one day. She came to pick me up, and promptly ran over my foot.

So I married her.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Lady Freedom Returns (5,823 posts)    Fri Aug 30, 2013, 09:36 AM

I have a little dream..

My Dream at this point is to get back to Tucson (Oct. 5th that is going to happen), learn to drive, get back behind a studio camera, and get a nice Studio Apartment.

Is that to much to try for?

Yes, Amber, I'm afraid that's way, way too much to try for.
Your limitations are too severe.

Your best bet is to look into assisted living:
Thu Aug 29, 2013, 08:56 PM
Lady Freedom Returns (5,823 posts)

There are times when many must try to find happiness without love in your life.
There are many that have loved and loss. Many that are in such pain that they don't even want to think about love anymore.

Some loss love due to death, other for reasons they don't understand. But we have to go on. But if you have had that one heart song you know. When you have had that and loses it, you have to find happiness without that love.

If she gets back to Arizona, Chad is a dead man.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
If she gets back to Arizona, Chad is a dead man.

He might be okay. Chad can slowly drive away and watch LFR run until she passes out in his rear view.

Offline Tess Anderson

Can anybody here PM me with Chad's last name (for verification)?

LFR is 35 years old and she weighs what DB does, or at least she did a few months ago.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
I really cannot understand her mentality.  She is leaving a situation where she has a full time job, a roof over her head, and food in her belly for what appears to be a reasonable cost to go live in homeless shelters and cross her fingers that she will be able to get a job?  I understand that she doesn't get along with her family, but that does not require one to leave the state.  The best plan, assuming that there is no actual abuse occurring, would be to price out a studio in the area and squirrel away every penny possible to get together the first and last month's rent.  A 2nd part time job might not be a bad idea either if she only able to find a minimum wage job. 

Offline Tucker

I really cannot understand her mentality.  She is leaving a situation where she has a full time job, a roof over her head, and food in her belly for what appears to be a reasonable cost to go live in homeless shelters and cross her fingers that she will be able to get a job?  I understand that she doesn't get along with her family, but that does not require one to leave the state.  The best plan, assuming that there is no actual abuse occurring, would be to price out a studio in the area and squirrel away every penny possible to get together the first and last month's rent.  A 2nd part time job might not be a bad idea either if she only able to find a minimum wage job. 

Don't overlook the part where she wants to reconnect with her male friend that threw her to the curb.

In typing this, I realized that she is full of it as there are no women at the DUmp that have relationships with those of the opposite gender.

Offline RobJohnson

I agree.

Even when I lived in the Midwest many of the c-stores had a starting wage of $9 to $10 an hour and that was ten years ago. They offered more money due to the high turn over, the hours, and the other inherent conditions that came with the job. They were hoping to hire someone that would stick around after the training was done.