Author Topic: They're looking at your naked body!  (Read 1810 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
They're looking at your naked body!
« on: June 07, 2008, 03:23:03 PM »
Joanne98 (1000+ posts)      Sat Jun-07-08 04:02 PM
Original message
They're looking at your naked body!
 Advertisements [?]Posted by Soulskill on Saturday June 07, @12:00AM
from the too-cheap-to-hire-superman dept.

Lapzilla brings word that airports around the US are beginning to use a new type of body-scanning machine which records pictures of travelers underneath their clothing. The process takes roughly 30 seconds, and the person viewing the pictures is located in a separate room. We've discussed similar scanners in the past. From USAToday:
" said passengers would be alarmed if they saw the image of their body. 'It all seems very clinical and non-threatening -- you go through this portal and don't have any idea what's at the other end,' he said. Passengers scanned in Baltimore said they did not know what the scanner did and were not told why they were directed into the booth. Magazine-sized signs are posted around the checkpoint explaining the scanners, but passengers said they did not notice them."

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?no_d2=1&sid=08/06/07...

How long before the pics show up online?

QuestionAll  (1000+ posts)      Sat Jun-07-08 04:06 PM
Response to Original message
1. people in this country are WAY too self-conscious about their naked bodies.
 we're all humans, and we all have the same stuff as everyone else, in one or the other of two basic models.

i think a lot of it comes from the inclinations of the over-religious toward ingraining shame into children's heads.
edwardlindy  (1000+ posts)      Sat Jun-07-08 04:08 PM
Response to Original message
2. Now's the time to start writing messages
 on your body with a soft pencil like "I don't need to use an x-ray machine to figure you've only got a little dick you pervert"
Joanne98 (1000+ posts)      Sat Jun-07-08 04:14 PM
Response to Reply #5
7. Americans will do anything their told. No pride at all!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3403293

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
Re: They're looking at your naked body!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 03:28:14 PM »
I'll bet most DUmmies would support this if it only finds teh guns and not teh dope.
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 03:36:11 PM »
Joanne98 (1000+ posts)      Sat Jun-07-08 04:14 PM
Response to Reply #5
7. Americans will do anything their told. No pride at all!

Agreed, but surprising coming from a DUmmy.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 03:42:07 PM »
From their picture threads, if the Dummies do any travel via air the TSA screener should get a huuuuuuuuuuge raise.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 05:55:37 PM »
They are probably scared the xray will detect their dildos up their butts and bondage clamps everywhere else.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 05:58:14 PM »
I'll bet most DUmmies would support this if it only finds teh guns and not teh dope.
How true!  :rotf:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 06:24:52 PM »
How long will it be before they start saying we are profiling fat, naked people?
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 06:39:42 PM »
A typical DUmmie going through the scanner.

“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 07:24:33 PM »

And, here's Schade, happy in the knowledge there are screeners somewhere looking through her clothes:

;)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 07:25:42 PM »

And, here's Schade, happy in the knowledge there are screeners somewhere looking through her clothes:

;)

Hey now... I thought I gave you that in confidence.  :evillaugh:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 08:07:00 PM »

H5 for the pick. LOL

fwiw, I wear boxers so I'm gunna give a lot of wiggle and see what happens.  :rotf:
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2008, 08:22:47 PM »

H5 for the pick. LOL

fwiw, I wear boxers so I'm gunna give a lot of wiggle and see what happens.  :rotf:

Well if you do... if you do.... *giggles*.... be sure to send me the wmv.  :naughty:

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2008, 04:15:41 AM »

H5 for the pick. LOL

Or, take Viagara beforehand and give the wiggle!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2008, 10:39:00 AM »
This will last until the first DUmmie hits a scanner.  The effect of which will be a technician running out of the booth tears streaming while screamin "My Eyes! MY EYES!"

On the other hand, I'm surprised no one has mentioned that we seem to have stumbled into Airplane 2.  The scene where the sucurity guards are "X-raying" all of the female passengers while letting anyone with guns pass them.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken