Author Topic: Oh dear god in heaven...Second Life  (Read 4602 times)

Offline md11hydmec

• plane doc
Re: Oh dear god in heaven...Second Life
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2010, 07:41:00 AM »
I see the answer given, but I'm in the same boat as you.  When I was in High School in the late 70's, I was a group of about 7 others who played D&D.  But even then, we only played it maybe once a month, like we'd pick a Friday night and meet up around 8pm and play until 3 or 4 in the morning.  But after HS, I quit, so all this stuff is new to me, too.

Thanks MSB for that description.  I finally had some time and googled it.  You were right.
USA- I played D&D also, but like you, only once a month with some friends but we never dressed up and acted it out. 
"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."-----John Galt, Atlas Shrugged

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2010, 09:16:12 AM »
Kind of like WoW only more freeform and with a Fag Factor of 11 instead of just 8.5.

No wonder that kid who had his WoW account canceled by his mother only jammed the remote halfway up his ass...

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YersIyzsOpc[/youtube]

1:10 in.  Of course, if he was playing Second Life he not only would have jammed it all the way in, he wouldn't have needed lube.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2010, 11:27:37 AM »
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2010, 02:28:12 PM »
You inspire me.

I would play SL just to start an economy that traded in furry heads.

There is quite a booming fad in the trade of bunnies on SL at the moment.

It isn't all furries though. I have a vampire Mistress, and I make BDSM furniture. It sells for quite a bit actually, some of it to furries.  :evillaugh:

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2010, 02:40:07 PM »
Sometimes, I think about the fun of going back into Secondlife, acquiring some land and setting up a virtual VRWC outpost..

Make a few Billboards with pictures of Bush & Cheney on them... Sell virtual portraits of Ronald Reagan , Palin, etc. etc...

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2010, 07:11:23 PM »
You and I are his best friends over at CU.

He just LOVES us.

I think we made him cry this last run.

I'd bet money on it.  :lmao:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2010, 08:25:51 PM »
So besides going out in public in "real life" like that, they also have a video game to role play in?

Damn....I just play Scrabble and Mahjong on line. I'm so borrrrriiiiiiing.  :thatsright:

Do you play on Pogo, too?

That's where you can find me half the time.  That's as loser as I get.  Wait... I do play Animal Crossing on the Wii.  It is NOT a "furry" game.  Although it does sound that way.  My daughter absolutely loves that game because it looks so cartoon-ish.  It turns her fussiness into smiles!  So it's a win-win.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2010, 08:50:31 PM »
Do you play on Pogo, too?

That's where you can find me half the time.  That's as loser as I get.  Wait... I do play Animal Crossing on the Wii.  It is NOT a "furry" game.  Although it does sound that way.  My daughter absolutely loves that game because it looks so cartoon-ish.  It turns her fussiness into smiles!  So it's a win-win.

Love Pogo ...  :-)

Scrabble, Mahjong, and Phlinx are my favorites....but I'm usually in Scrabble. I played until about 3:30 this morning.  :thatsright:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2010, 09:12:26 PM »
I play a lot of the word games over there. 

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2010, 11:08:25 PM »
I play a lot of the word games over there. 

Been playing scrabble.

Won one...got my ass kicked in two.. :(
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2010, 05:23:55 AM »
Slingo

Nothing else to say, just Slingo.

:-)

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2010, 08:57:22 AM »
no fur.... :shucks:
You shaved?  :tongue: :fuelfire:
Obligatory:

:picsneeded:
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2010, 09:02:40 AM »
No wonder that kid who had his WoW account canceled by his mother only jammed the remote halfway up his ass...

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YersIyzsOpc[/youtube]

1:10 in.  Of course, if he was playing Second Life he not only would have jammed it all the way in, he wouldn't have needed lube.
Satan possession LIVES!!!

What?...and y'all thought The Exorcist was just a 'story'?

If *I* was that boy's father, I would whip his ass, whip his ass again, then whip his ass again, make him mow the lawn, then wash my car, then whip his ass five more times.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 09:05:02 AM by PatriotGame »
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2010, 09:15:03 AM »
So besides going out in public in "real life" like that, they also have a video game to role play in?

Damn....I just play Scrabble and Mahjong on line. I'm so borrrrriiiiiiing.  :thatsright:

I'd take boring to batshit crazy any day of the week, deb.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline vlad335

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2010, 09:48:16 AM »
Sometimes, I think about the fun of going back into Secondlife, acquiring some land and setting up a virtual VRWC outpost..

Make a few Billboards with pictures of Bush & Cheney on them... Sell virtual portraits of Ronald Reagan , Palin, etc. etc...

A friend of mine back in the day used to play The Sims-Online for the express purpose of doing away with other peoples charactors. He was a serial killer so to speak. He would lure players from parties to his virtual house and lock them up in a room, starving them to death. He always targeted player charactors with the highest rankings. These players spent an enormous amount of effort building up their standing in the game only to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The Sims patched the game so he couldn't lock anyone up anymore so he started drowning people in his pool somehow. Sick bastard.

Hmmm... Perhaps Second Life could use a varmit hunter/fur trader.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2010, 10:03:57 AM »
I now have a disturbing case of the giggles. It wouldn't even cross my mind to do something like that, but that still pretty funny.

In a weird, perverse way...

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

Offline vlad335

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2010, 10:53:34 AM »
I now have a disturbing case of the giggles. It wouldn't even cross my mind to do something like that, but that still pretty funny.

In a weird, perverse way...

Tell me about it. I'm laughing again just thinking back and I agree it's disturbing... But funny as hell for some reason.

Someone needs to start the VRWC Fur Trading Company- A subsidiary of Bush Cheney Enterprises.  :-)

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2010, 11:00:38 AM »
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2010, 11:09:29 AM »
A friend of mine back in the day used to play The Sims-Online for the express purpose of doing away with other peoples charactors. He was a serial killer so to speak. He would lure players from parties to his virtual house and lock them up in a room, starving them to death. He always targeted player charactors with the highest rankings. These players spent an enormous amount of effort building up their standing in the game only to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The Sims patched the game so he couldn't lock anyone up anymore so he started drowning people in his pool somehow. Sick bastard.

Second Life should have one along with an underground fur economy. For the same reasons  the Sims should have let your Friend continue his activities. Realism as the game normally evolves. The only patch should have been one allowing someone to become a virtual detective to try and track your friend down and lock him up before he caught onto them.

Any players who bitched to management that they'd been killed should have received a form letter back stating that as the game goes on if they indulge in stupid risky behaviors then just like in real life they die, nut up and try again.

This would also force the friend to be more selective about his victims because they'd now come hunting him. Adding to the game for him and the hunters.

No one should tout this as a feature and should just be allowed to evolve quietly amongst the more experienced players. IMHO a game that phases in death scenarios to charterers as they level up would be awesome.  Imagine being able to swap over to becoming a Level 50 tower fall, a level 60 rock fall, a level 100 STD or a Level 40 Serial Killer able to take down other top players. It would be to cool.

Offline djones520

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2010, 11:19:17 AM »

To edit your house, you have to pause the game.  So you wait until they get in the pool, pause the game, then remove the ladder to climb out.  The characters are not programmed to climb out of the pool without the ladder.  So eventually they will grow tired and drown.

I had some great screen shots of drowning my characters girlfriends kid after he kicked my trashcan over.   :evillaugh:
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2010, 11:47:50 AM »
:shocked:

And I just watched the video of the kid. He'll either be in a mental health facility fefore long, or gorw up to be a mass murderer.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2010, 12:14:31 PM »

Removing the pool ladder.  ;)

I used to play Sims back in the day and always did that to my annoying neighbors.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2010, 12:17:11 PM »
To edit your house, you have to pause the game.  So you wait until they get in the pool, pause the game, then remove the ladder to climb out.  The characters are not programmed to climb out of the pool without the ladder.  So eventually they will grow tired and drown.

I had some great screen shots of drowning my characters girlfriends kid after he kicked my trashcan over.   :evillaugh:

You are so wrong.  lol

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2010, 12:18:44 PM »

And to think I actually played D&D in high school.  Thank God I never got into it that much, what with having a life and all.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2010, 12:19:24 PM »
:shocked:

And I just watched the video of the kid. He'll either be in a mental health facility fefore long, or gorw up to be a mass murderer.

He's definitely got the 'Spoiled Brat' routine down pat.  If he'd been my kid and spoke to MY  wife that way, He'd be shitting in baggies for a ****in' week, just so he could recover all the teeth I'd knocked down his fool throat.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus