Author Topic: I have a very important question for the right wing  (Read 1593 times)

Offline MrsSmith

I have a very important question for the right wing
« on: July 05, 2010, 10:13:06 PM »
jmowreader  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Jul-05-10 10:30 PM
Original message

The government isn't able to do anything right, according to you. Why do you want the gang that can't shoot straight teaching your children religion?

Wish I had a mole...I'd tell jmow that we DON'T want the government teaching religion...that's why so many of us homeschool and pay for private school.  We'd LOVE it if the government would stop teaching atheistic humanism to our kids.   :banghead:

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: I have a very important question for the right wing
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 10:16:34 PM »
Why would they ask a question like that at a place that doesn't allow conservatives to post?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 10:20:44 PM »
Why would they ask a question like that at a place that doesn't allow conservatives to post?
So everyone could agree, of course.  You don't think jmow actually expected someone to tell the truth, did you?   :lmao: :lmao:

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 10:22:15 PM »
So everyone could agree, of course.  You don't think jmow actually expected someone to tell the truth, did you?   :lmao: :lmao:

Of course not LOL, he just wanted a bunch of people to echo his sentiments.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Duchess

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 10:33:10 PM »
Wish I had a mole...I'd tell jmow that we DON'T want the government teaching religion...that's why so many of us homeschool and pay for private school.  We'd LOVE it if the government would stop teaching atheistic humanism to our kids.   :banghead:
  Exactly!    :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 11:08:46 PM »
They read this forum quite a bit. Most don't have the testicular (or in case of the liberal men ovaries) fortitude to post here.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 01:05:14 AM »
I don't think government schools should even be teaching kids to tie their shoes. Besides, everything's so politically correct if you told them to tie them into bunny ears it would be considered animal abuse.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 04:58:59 AM »

jmowreader  (1000+ posts)      Mon Jul-05-10 10:30 PM
Original message

The government isn't able to do anything right, according to you. Why do you want the gang that can't shoot straight teaching your children religion?

We don't....

This is where that "separation of church and state" stuff you libs scream about when some church group wants to put the 10 Commandments in the court house....

The only "religion" government teaches is "government"....
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2010, 05:55:23 AM »
jmowreader  (1000+ posts)      Mon Jul-05-10 10:30 PM
Original message

Pretty bigoted of you to assume that all people who identify as "right wing" or even conservative are religious isn't it.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2010, 09:47:40 AM »
Pretty bigoted of you to assume that all people who identify as "right wing" or even conservative are religious isn't it.

Well you know what they say. Scratch a DUmmie find a racist,bigot or whatever fits.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2010, 09:55:19 AM »
Dear lurking DUmbasses,

I don't go to church and I don't want my children to be "taught" religion.

However, I do not object to my children being taught *about* religion.

And I do object to the overt hostility and second-class citizenship being pushed on Christians and Jews while schools build segregated footbaths for Muslims.

BTW - if your party ever succeeds in gaining amnesty for illegals I hope to exploit the fact that Mexico is predominantly Catholic to turn back every abortion and gay marriage initiative you idiots pull out of your asses.

How's THAT for a nexus of religion, government and politics?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Duchess

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2010, 10:08:24 AM »
Dear lurking DUmbasses,

I don't go to church and I don't want my children to be "taught" religion.

However, I do not object to my children being taught *about* religion

And I do object to the overt hostility and second-class citizenship being pushed on Christians and Jews while schools build segregated footbaths for Muslims.

BTW - if your party ever succeeds in gaining amnesty for illegals I hope to exploit the fact
that Mexico is predominantly Catholic to turn back every abortion and gay marriage initiative you idiots pull out of your asses.

How's THAT for a nexus of religion, government and politics?

I would like to have that hope with you, but I have yet to see those of the victim and parasite mentality ever vote for principle over self-interest. I keep hearing that blacks overwhelmingly oppose queer "marriage", but they still vote as a bloc for the "gimmees" the rtas promise them instead (funded by you and me). I guess that's partly what the DUmmies mean when they croak about conservatives voting "against their own best interests"-that we often vote against things that would, in the short term, be more convenient for us (such as the "right" to murder our children in the womb), instead we vote for what's ethically and morally right. Morals aren't a big priority for them as oposed to what makes them feel good in the short term, disregarding what it does to society in the long term. That's even giving one the benefit of a doubt that they don't want to actively destroy American society and thereby American strength.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2010, 10:20:03 AM »
Umm, I DON'T want the government teaching religion (Or any Leftist surrogates for one) to my kids, however I also don't want them actively suppressing the religious freedom of their Christian classmates, either.  Being exposed to someone else praying by their own choice is not going to shatter their little minds. 

With my kids in their classes, a lot of teachers probably felt the urgent need for prayer, actually...
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Duchess

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2010, 10:26:49 AM »
Umm, I DON'T want the government teaching religion (Or any Leftist surrogates for one) to my kids, however I also don't want them actively suppressing the religious freedom of their Christian classmates, either.  Being exposed to someone else praying by their own choice is not going to shatter their little minds. 

With my kids in their classes, a lot of teachers probably felt the urgent need for prayer, actually...

Exactly. Nobody (generally speaking) is talking about wanting the government to teach religion-God forbid! what religion?-we just don't want them actively suppressing Christianity in the name of "separation of church and state" and using that as a cover while they teach Islam, wicca, New Age, secular humanism, etc, on "cultural" grounds. Actually, when looked at correctly, it's the left teaching religion-any religion except Christianity. 

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2010, 10:33:23 AM »
I would like to have that hope with you, but I have yet to see those of the victim and parasite mentality ever vote for principle over self-interest. I keep hearing that blacks overwhelmingly oppose queer "marriage", but they still vote as a bloc for the "gimmees" the rtas promise them instead (funded by you and me). I guess that's partly what the DUmmies mean when they croak about conservatives voting "against their own best interests"-that we often vote against things that would, in the short term, be more convenient for us (such as the "right" to murder our children in the womb), instead we vote for what's ethically and morally right. Morals aren't a big priority for them as oposed to what makes them feel good in the short term, disregarding what it does to society in the long term. That's even giving one the benefit of a doubt that they don't want to actively destroy American society and thereby American strength.
The only things the GOP has to get right, right now is the economy. If they can stop the stampede to punish achievment achievement will happen in due course all on its own.

We won't be able to win on social issues until that happens because when people are out of work they aren't thinking about abortion and gay marriage.

Security, economics and social issues in that order seem, to me at least, to be people's gut check priorities.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Duchess

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2010, 10:59:08 AM »
The only things the GOP has to get right, right now is the economy. If they can stop the stampede to punish achievment achievement will happen in due course all on its own.

We won't be able to win on social issues until that happens because when people are out of work they aren't thinking about abortion and gay marriage.

Security, economics and social issues in that order seem, to me at least, to be people's gut check priorities.

I know that you're correct in that people find it difficult to consider loftier concepts when they're wondering how to pay the mortgage, but it does seem as if the necessity for pragmatism has at least contributed to things such as abortion and homosexuality having been able to sneak their way into acceptance in American society, until they reached the point of being able to be blatant about their agenda. It's a far cry from our Revolutionary forefathers sacrificing property and life for the bigger concepts of freedom and liberty in their own age or the martyrdom of Christians for a higher principle.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2010, 11:24:03 AM »

That actually cuts both ways, the Left isn't selling what it's cooking either, on issues like gay marriage, because people have more immediate concerns.  Their giveaway programs remain popular, of course, but not among the people paying for them.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2010, 11:30:11 AM »
DUmmies,

If you really wanted to know you'd come over here and ask at a conservative forum where you can have an actual conversation. We all know (and so do you and your fellow cowards) you aren't looking for an answer. Your question was condescending and snarky. You were really just looking for other DUmmies to echo your misinformed prejudices. A bunch of stereotypes that aren't just false, they really ****ing stupid. Seriously. Where the hell would you ever get the idea conservatives want the government teaching religion? But that's okay, these kinds of threads just remind the world what small-minded bigots you are.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2010, 12:03:45 PM »

BTW - if your party ever succeeds in gaining amnesty for illegals I hope to exploit the fact that Mexico is predominantly Catholic to turn back every abortion and gay marriage initiative you idiots pull out of your asses.

I'm Catholic and that's the only thing about Amnesty that makes me :lmao:. Do they really think that Hispanics are going to be to be controlled when it comes to Religion? they're fooling themselves if they are, abortion and gay marriage is a no no amongst some and mostly all staunch Catholics. Every cloud has a silver lining, huh?

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2010, 02:51:54 PM »
I'm Catholic and that's the only thing about Amnesty that makes me :lmao:. Do they really think that Hispanics are going to be to be controlled when it comes to Religion? they're fooling themselves if they are, abortion and gay marriage is a no no amongst some and mostly all staunch Catholics. Every cloud has a silver lining, huh?

Ah'm pretty sure they will just close their collective eyes and vote for welfare, state run healthcare, free citizenship, never having to learn English, and a bevy of handouts their oppressors promise them. The DemonRats are countin' on it, and it won't surprise me in the least. It's already happened with the Black community.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2010, 03:31:08 PM »
Not only is the DUpe imputing a position to us that we don't hold at all, but he's playing the old "how can you want the federal government to do x" game--ever. As if we don't want the federal government doing the work that constitute its enumerated powers.

As for the illegal migrants/invasion:

I'm with Al and Duchess. Poor migrants pouring into the country are going to vote for the giveaways. And I don't want the ethnic and spoken and written language composition of the country changed more radically that it already has been, anyway, no matter how they might vote, and there's not one damned thing racist about that! Nearly every country on earth makes some effort to preserve its ethnic makeup. True, we're a mongrel nation, but our ancestry has been (except for blacks) overwhelmingly European and should stay that way. The Spanish/South American peoples can't be said to be of European stock, or their history recently European, by a long shot, no matter what languages they speak.

As I've posted before: there is NOTHING hard about guarding the border. Nothing. It's no harder than building a fortified highway along the border. That's it. All it takes is people in charge who WANT to stop this invasion by millions of non-English-speaking poor people.

Offline Duchess

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2010, 08:20:41 PM »
Not only is the DUpe imputing a position to us that we don't hold at all, but he's playing the old "how can you want the federal government to do x" game--ever. As if we don't want the federal government doing the work that constitute its enumerated powers.

As for the illegal migrants/invasion:

I'm with Al and Duchess. Poor migrants pouring into the country are going to vote for the giveaways. And I don't want the ethnic and spoken and written language composition of the country changed more radically that it already has been, anyway, no matter how they might vote, and there's not one damned thing racist about that! Nearly every country on earth makes some effort to preserve its ethnic makeup. True, we're a mongrel nation, but our ancestry has been (except for blacks) overwhelmingly European and should stay that way. The Spanish/South American peoples can't be said to be of European stock, or their history recently European, by a long shot, no matter what languages they speak.

As I've posted before: there is NOTHING hard about guarding the border. Nothing. It's no harder than building a fortified highway along the border. That's it. All it takes is people in charge who WANT to stop this invasion by millions of non-English-speaking poor people.

Amen to all that. To add insult to injury--leftists not only want to suppress the glorious history of Western civilisation, they want us to celebrate other cultures while we deny our own.

Anecdotal--I've been interested in a particular form of dance (as an observer) from the Middle East, so went to some forums devoted to it to learn. I might have known-the women from the West who have become practitioners were falling all over themselves to assure women from the ME that they respected their "culture" and had no intention of being cultural "thieves", while some women from the ME were telling them that they could never master it fully as it's not "in their genes". Who ever tells a woman from, say, Japan that she can't ever be a prima ballerina because it's not in her genes, and furthermore that it's "cultural theft"? Who even ever gives such a thing a thought? That indicates a big inferiority complex, IMO, to have to stoop to accusing people of "stealing" your culture because they admire your dancing and want to master it!