Author Topic: Contact with COVID positive ...  (Read 751 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Contact with COVID positive ...
« on: June 17, 2020, 12:14:58 PM »
So I've been around my son who gets around COVID positive people quite a lot, but there have been only 2 times where he was in direct contact with coworkers who were positive and I saw him within 2 days of those exposures.

Today I find out that a colleague here in the office tested positive ... we're a small office so there's no telling what the company is going to do.  We're kind of an outpost for our corporate office in Baton Rouge.  We're all waiting on direction at this point.

All I can say is I'm glad the leftists aren't in charge.  They'd probably nuke our building with all of us in it.  Gotta save the planet, ya know!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Contact with COVID positive ...
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 02:48:04 PM »
The "the sky is falling, the sky is falling!" mantra with the uptick in positives is once again on the loose.  :whatever:

I had a dentist appointment tomorrow. They called and talked to my wife, laying out a host of "rules" that I was expected to follow when I arrive tomorrow. Enter the building and call them (because the receptionist won't be at the window, presumably). Surrender my keys and my cell phone. They'll issue me a mask if I don't already have one on (I don't wear masks unless absolutely required, which has occurred exactly two times in the past month.)

Then, from a 10-foot-pole distance, they'd direct me to a handwashing station.

Then, after all that, when the rest of my body has come off the street and my home, they'll somehow from a 10-foot-pole distance clean my teeth.

**** that. I called and canceled the appointment. My teeth need cleaning, but I don't need the dumbass bullshit that goes along with the insane bleating that is going on.

H1N1. SARS. We haven't even gotten to the levels associated with these viruses, and you'd think there's been a resurgence of the Black Plague.

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: Contact with COVID positive ...
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 03:12:12 PM »
The "the sky is falling, the sky is falling!" mantra with the uptick in positives is once again on the loose.  :whatever:

I had a dentist appointment tomorrow. They called and talked to my wife, laying out a host of "rules" that I was expected to follow when I arrive tomorrow. Enter the building and call them (because the receptionist won't be at the window, presumably). Surrender my keys and my cell phone. They'll issue me a mask if I don't already have one on (I don't wear masks unless absolutely required, which has occurred exactly two times in the past month.)

Then, from a 10-foot-pole distance, they'd direct me to a handwashing station.

Then, after all that, when the rest of my body has come off the street and my home, they'll somehow from a 10-foot-pole distance clean my teeth.

**** that. I called and canceled the appointment. My teeth need cleaning, but I don't need the dumbass bullshit that goes along with the insane bleating that is going on.

H1N1. SARS. We haven't even gotten to the levels associated with these viruses, and you'd think there's been a resurgence of the Black Plague.

Yup.  It's a virus.  If you're susceptible, you will get it.  We can slow it down, but we can't stop it.  I say, let's get this done and behind us.  That weird guy at DU, shockey80, is completely lost and terrified about this virus and doesn't understand why no one else is as terrified as he is. 

I just don't understand all the hype.  Well, yeah I do.  They need to keep this as frenzied as possible, but they started too early.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen